so what if i'm anti-gun control, pro-choice, anti-war....
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: so what if i'm anti-gun control, pro-choice, anti-war....

Member #
    Liked
    0 times

so what if i'm anti-gun control, pro-choice, anti-war....

i have no freakin clue who to vote for in the next election.

i feel my views are closest to libertarian at the moment.

the dems are good on abortion rights, they had less to do with the patriot act etc, the iraq mess... they also at least talk about some ideas for alternative energy.

the republicans are anti-gun control, and against handout programs like welfare and stuff. i dont' want to see health insurance nationalized, because whenever the gov. gets their hands on any of our money they immediately misapopriate it.

i'd also like to see drugs decriminalized. all it does is increase the levels of violence on the streets and at the borders.

i'm thinking 3rd party. who's a good candidate for isolationist, legalize everything, end dependence on foreign oil type people?

just wondering if there's any other reformed liberals here. i can't bring myself to throw away any of my rights.
    join the JPFO.

ATC

Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    I've been looking into Libertarianism myself out of pure disgust with DC antics over the past 15 years or so. I don't agree with their entire platform, but I agree with more of it than I disagree with. Overall, I think a smaller, more streamlined .gov would be a more honest .gov based on sheer statistical probability.

Besides, the "big two" could use some real competition. They spend more time looking at one another's aisle than they do looking at the country anyway. Screw em. If I throw my vote away doing what I think is right, then I didn't throw it away.

Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    seems to me the fight to get your rights back is a lot harder than keeping them in the first place.
    join the JPFO.

4. Remove Advertisements
    TheAKForum.net
    Advertisements

Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    Seems it hasn't been exactly easy keeping them for that matter.

Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    We're screwed the only chance is if enough people vote for a third party candidate, but people are too caught up in two party politics to do so. Even though I know so many conservatives that have repeatedly vote republican just to keep their gun rights. Even though a third party candidate would definitely fit with their views better.

This will be the first time I have voted. I will be voting for a third party candidate because it's all I can do. If anything the lack of politicians i'm willing to support just makes me want to run for senate even more. This is the only way we'll get anywhere is NORMAL people running and getting involved in politics.

Electing fat cats that don't care about us won't get us far. They have the people of this country by the balls. Especially in the pocket book. I'm in the same boat as you i'm very pro gun and believe everyone has the right to defend themselves. But I believe we should only have troops where they're completely necessary, appreciated and given the best tools to get the job done. Stack it deep gentlemen. War should not be a preemptive solution but a last resort. May they come home safe. My new brother in law will be in iraq within a month.

Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by dirtyrice
    We're screwed the only chance is if enough people vote for a third party candidate, but people are too caught up in two party politics to do so. Even though I know so many conservatives that have repeatedly vote republican just to keep their gun rights. Even though a third party candidate would definitely fit with their views better.

This will be the first time I have voted. I will be voting for a third party candidate because it's all I can do. If anything the lack of politicians i'm willing to support just makes me want to run for senate even more. This is the only way we'll get anywhere is NORMAL people running and getting involved in politics.

Electing fat cats that don't care about us won't get us far. They have the people of this country by the balls. Especially in the pocket book. Stack it deep gentlemen.
    if you run you've got my vote man.

the 2 party thing is just crap.

i'm not going to play the game anymore.
    join the JPFO.

Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Yeah I need to run for a local office first. But I would really love to run for senate some day. I'm only 20 so I have years left yet. I've only seen a few senators that truly inspired me. George mcgovern was one of them and maybe paul wellstone. Politics aside they were average people with alot of passion.

Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Why is this even an issue???

You HAVE to vote someone in to keep your guns, period. Without your guns your vote has no backing and no TEETH.

Make sure to vote in the primaries because that's when you're able to try to vote someone in that you feel will represent your ideals. If your guy doesn't get in... then too bad, but you better vote the pro gun guy in as president. Not that any of this matters anyway, I feel that the elections are rigged anyway. If not by actual numbers, then by the media control that feeds the people information. There are too many sheep out there that will vote with their hearts and believe everything they see on TV.
    Bondmen likes this.

I know how you feel, but voting for a third party will not only waste that vote but if enough people vote for a third party then it might be just enough to swing an election, so you must also consider that. Before anybody decides to vote third party they really need to see who is running first. If both candidates are fairly moderate, then by all means. Otherwise, be careful. I dont think anybody here really wants Hillary or somebody like her in office.

Member #
    Liked
    20 times
    Seems to me that voting for the lesser of two evils is throwing your vote away. The Republicans have nopt historically been very good to gun owners, but only slightly better than Dems in the last 15-20 years.

I have never voted for anyone other than Libertarian for president. The best case scenario is that a Republican loses by less votes than the Lib. received. That forces the Republican to return to conservative roots. It must suck to be the "conservative" R that loses in a district that is mostly conservatives. In the short run, it hurts everyone, but in the long run we can force Republicans to return to real conservative values that way.

If you're a liberal, then I suggest you can use the same strategy on the Dems by voting Green.

Bottom line: A third party candidate need not win in order for a vote for him/her to have an impact. If you vote for a RINO, Republicrat, whatever, you vote for the same-old same-old.

My .02
    "Don't blame me, I voted for Kodos."
    -HS

Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    If ya want to vote for a pro-gun, pro USA, anti-United Nations, and pro Constitutionalist candidate then Ron Paul is THE ANSWER!!!

He is running as a Republican but is much more of a Libertarian , at least as I see it. A few weeks ago he was on C-SPAN and the discussion was about the war in Iraq. Believe me folks, he was NOT SUPPORTING BUSH in any way , shape , or form. The guy speaks his mind and votes his principles!!!!! PLEASE CHECK OUT HIS WEBSITES!!

He has recently introduced a bill in Congress to repeal the 1986 gun laws that were inacted .

HIS IS OUR MAN, BELIEVE ME FOLKS!!!!!!!!1

Jeff

Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by dirtyrice
    Yeah I need to run for a local office first. But I would really love to run for senate some day. I'm only 20 so I have years left yet. I've only seen a few senators that truly inspired me. George mcgovern was one of them and maybe paul wellstone. Politics aside they were average people with alot of passion.
    Mcgovern is a communist. The democrat party has the basic platform of big government can fix all ills, it promotes taking away personal responsibility and gives the power to the states. Wealth re-distribution.
    Number 1746

Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Ron Paul for president 2008!!!!!!!!!!

He is the best candidate for gun owners, he ran for libertarian
    president in 1988, now he is a congressmen in the Republican
    party, he announced his exploratory bid for president recently!
    He sticks strictly to the constitution and doesnt flip flop on issues!
    Check out his legislation #1096, the man is the only chance we have!

Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Just keep towing that party line. I'll do what I want because it's a free country. If we just stay under their thumb and don't actually try to get people that represent us elected it'll be ok... yes what a great strategy.

Member #
    Liked
    23 times
    Did you read that? Ron Paul is a Libertarian. He's just running as a repbulica. He seems to represent what mos tof us here want, regardless of party affiliation.
    Can you dig it?

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New

Sponsors