Like Tree3Likes
  • 2 Post By dfm5609
  • 1 Post By scottyb

Thread: 5.45 tabuk pictures?

Member #
    Liked
    74 times

5.45 tabuk pictures?

I thought there was a picture in the grim reaper book but I was thinking of the 5.56 model that looks like an akm..

Does anyone have a picture of the 5.45 prototype? Is it pretty much the same as the 5.56 model or is it based yugo parts like the rest of the tabuk line?

I have two al quds and a sniper planned to go with my spiker and carbine builds. 5.45 would make a nice addition to the clone lineup..

Last edited by dfm5609; 10-07-2019 at 05:42 PM.
    scottyb and MPiKM-72 like this.

Technical Advisor

Member #
    Liked
    3401 times
    Never heard of or saw a Tabuk in 5.45 or 5.56.

Not to say one can't create one and have the engraving and markings added etc.

Member #
    Liked
    5164 times
    Spiker doubles as a monopod?
    MPiKM-72 likes this.
    needs moar AK

or beer

4. Remove Advertisements
    TheAKForum.net
    Advertisements

Member #
    Liked
    74 times
    Quote Originally Posted by AKBLUE View Post
    Never heard of or saw a Tabuk in 5.45 or 5.56.

Not to say one can't create one and have the engraving and markings added etc.
    Grim reaper has a copy of a factory brochure showing a 5.56 AKM style rifle but not nearly detailed enough to make out markings. Two Rivers makes a reference to the 5.45 version, apparently based on the Zastava M80. That wouldn't be the worst thing to build, just guessing that the markings are consistent with the rest of the tabuk rifles but it would be nice to see a picture to confirm.

It is odd to me that they would base a 5.45 rifle on the m80 but then base a 5.56 rifle on akm style parts which is the other reason I want to see pictures, to confirm that it is actually based on the m80.

Also, I can't find any decent pictures of the m80 gas block which is a problem since I would need to machine one.

Quote Originally Posted by scottyb View Post
    Spiker doubles as a monopod?
    Probably a more practical use than as an actual bayonet in 1990! It's a fun rifle though, very glad I built a clone.

Technical Advisor

Member #
    Liked
    3401 times
    Quote Originally Posted by dfm5609 View Post
    Grim reaper has a copy of a factory brochure showing a 5.56 AKM style rifle but not nearly detailed enough to make out markings. Two Rivers makes a reference to the 5.45 version, apparently based on the Zastava M80. That wouldn't be the worst thing to build, just guessing that the markings are consistent with the rest of the tabuk rifles but it would be nice to see a picture to confirm.

It is odd to me that they would base a 5.45 rifle on the m80 but then base a 5.56 rifle on akm style parts which is the other reason I want to see pictures, to confirm that it is actually based on the m80.

Also, I can't find any decent pictures of the m80 gas block which is a problem since I would need to machine one.

Probably a more practical use than as an actual bayonet in 1990! It's a fun rifle though, very glad I built a clone.
    Yes, I have seen the catalog listing the 5.56.
    But based on no specimens known or captured it appears to be a " catalog: firearm vs a production model.
    The 5.45 seems to be the same.
    I built several TBuk clones but never thought the 5.45 or 5.56 were actual production firearms.

Member #
    Liked
    74 times
    Quote Originally Posted by AKBLUE View Post
    Yes, I have seen the catalog listing the 5.56.
    But based on no specimens known or captured it appears to be a " catalog: firearm vs a production model.
    The 5.45 seems to be the same.
    I built several TBuk clones but never thought the 5.45 or 5.56 were actual production firearms.
    I believe there have been posts here from members who were in Iraq that found domestically produced 5.45 rifles but I would assume they were prototypes or trials rifles that got out in the wild..

https://www.theakforum.net/forums/52...nflicts-3.html

Searching again, Two Rivers posted a clear picture of the 5.56 model. Looks like a mix of m70ab1 and ak parts. It would make sense that a 5.45 model would be very similar, but it would be nice to see some kind of confirmation.

Sponsors