AK Rifles banner

Any way to replicate cad plating..??

860 views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  Slinger646 
#1 ·
Picked up a Russian sling for $10, but the metal holding the D-ring and clip had some issues with scratches and corrosion. 0000 steel wool cleaned up most of it, but of course took off a lot of the cad plating.

Has anyone had any luck refinishing the metal on these ?? Thinking of checking out the Eastwood Co. (they make repro. finishes for car resto.) to see if I can turn up something. TIA

G
#2 ·
56type said:
Picked up a Russian sling for $10, but the metal holding the D-ring and clip had some issues with scratches and corrosion. 0000 steel wool cleaned up most of it, but of course took off a lot of the cad plating.

Has anyone had any luck refinishing the metal on these ?? Thinking of checking out the Eastwood Co. (they make repro. finishes for car resto.) to see if I can turn up something. TIA
Not worth the $'s. You can put clear nail polish over it, but that will onlt protect it.
I'm considering cold blue on a dozen or so of my naval marines slings.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.