• 1 Post By JoeMomma

Thread: Czech Desert Combat Vests

Super Moderator
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    13411 times

Czech Desert Combat Vests

RTG had a few of these, so I decided to snag one before they were gone, because I've never seen this style from the Czechs before. I'll post a few pics when it gets here, and I was lucky to get mine, because it seems either I got the last one, or at least one of the last RTG had in stock.
    Supposedly, they will work with VZ58, AK, or AR mags, so I'll see how true it is. Normally I don't care for vests, but I could not pass on the price. Anyone else here grab one of these?
    Mercs likes this.
    I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence, or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me.
    Hunter S. Thompson

Member #
    Liked
    548 times
    yeah pics please, for me it's about the camo.

Member #
    Liked
    16 times
    Quote Originally Posted by JoeMomma View Post
    RTG had a few of these, so I decided to snag one before they were gone, because I've never seen this style from the Czechs before. I'll post a few pics when it gets here, and I was lucky to get mine, because it seems either I got the last one, or at least one of the last RTG had in stock.
    Supposedly, they will work with VZ58, AK, or AR mags, so I'll see how true it is. Normally I don't care for vests, but I could not pass on the price. Anyone else here grab one of these?
    I was going to, with all those pouches it was a great price! I didnít not expect them to sell so fast and missed out, unfortunately. That was the first time Iíve seen those for sale. Great buy!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4. Remove Advertisements
    TheAKForum.net
    Advertisements

Super Moderator
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    13411 times
    This is what attracted me as well, and I was also surprised these sold out in just a few days. I may die mine...
    I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence, or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me.
    Hunter S. Thompson

Member #
    Liked
    16 times
    They just got a forest camo version in stock. I grabbed one of them along with a belt kit. They also have a desert camo belt kit to match your vest. You know you canít resist lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Bondmen likes this.

Member #
    Liked
    6339 times
    Got the woodland version couple years ago. They do fit AR and AK mags and of course VZs.

The one I have is extra reinforced and is also a belay/repel device although it has been used and should probably not be used for this purpose.

Czech all the pockets for goodies.
    Bondmen and JoeMomma like this.
    needs moar AK

or beer

Super Moderator
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    13411 times
    The belt kit sold out already. Got the vest yesterday, and was very pleased at the quality. More pics today when I figure out what pistol that internal holster is for.
    Hunter S. Thompson

Super Moderator
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    13411 times
    Here are the pics. I can say these are very well made, and scream quality, and are also quite adjustable. I'm going to dig some different mags out later and see what fits, and what doesn't. I have no idea what pistol was meant for that holster, but so far a Polish P-64 fits fine, but the 2 extra pistol mag pouches are made for something else.
    You would be able to load this up nicely with 6 rifle mags, 1 pistol with 2 extra mags, a med kit, 2 canteens of the US variety, and still have space in pouches for food and anything else you might want or need.

Front.jpg
    Both mag pouches are in front as one would expect. The 2 other pouches behind them have a pull up fabric deal with a drawstring.

Holster.jpg
    Pistol pouch on right side and also shows placement of one of the spare mag pouches. Since this is Czech made, it stands to reason the holster was made for a Czech pistol, but there is no way a CZ75 is going to fit. Anyone have any ideas?
    Magazine Pouch.jpg
    Detail of the interior of the mag pouch. As you can see, these are separated to keep your mags tight and reasonably quiet. Feels sturdy enough for the job.
    Rear.jpg
    Rear of vest. The lower pouch can be removed, but the upper one is permanently attached. Would carry several days of rations of you packed them well and took them out of the main package. You can also see some of the adjustments on the side. The straps on the bottom are for a belt support, and are removable.

Tag.jpg
    Data tag.
    scottyb likes this.
    Hunter S. Thompson

Member #
    Liked
    548 times
    CZ 75 for the pistol holster?

Member #
    Liked
    548 times
    Sort of a czech version of desert DPM. I was thinking it was going to be that slightly darker blotchy/ pixelated patern with but maybe that's newer.

I love camo. Just went through all my zelts and commie shelter halves. Forgot how many I had and the patterns. Zelts are all reproductions of course.

Super Moderator
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    13411 times
    Quote Originally Posted by trevorakm View Post
    CZ 75 for the pistol holster?
    Well, the pistol that fits is a CZ75D compact, and the spare mags fit the pouches as well. Other stuff may work, but I believe this is what it was designed for.
    Hunter S. Thompson

Member #
    Liked
    548 times
    Kool rig.

Member #
    Liked
    6339 times
    back in stock
    needs moar AK

or beer

Sponsors