Pawn Shop find - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Like Tree10Likes

Thread: Pawn Shop find

Member #
    Liked
    1274 times
    Quote Originally Posted by BobtheButcher View Post
    Not to hijack the thread, but maybe ya'll could help with my bayonet too. I picked it up on gunbroker for $15. Seller said it was Russian, but I have no idea as to the accuracy of that.
    Attachment 265955Attachment 265957
    Looks Romanian, $15 is a great price, bayonet prices have been on the rise as of late. Happy sticking lol
    JeepFan likes this.
    "Cause bitches don't like to be slapped on the cheek. Yugos need real men to shoot them who know how to hold them tight"
    -daefash

"Only a woman's glance strikes harder than an assault rifle."
    -
    Mikhail Kalashnikov

Member #
    Liked
    4188 times
    Quote Originally Posted by njkalashnikov View Post
    Looks Romanian, $15 is a great price, bayonet prices have been on the rise as of late. Happy sticking lol
    Yup. Looks Romanian. I think Centerfire used to have them in packs, cheap, not sure if they still do.

Member #
    Liked
    18 times
    More pictures, sorry for the wait. The numbers on the scabbard are the only marking on the bayonet.
    Mr. B. likes this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    TheAKForum.net
    Advertisements

Member #
    Liked
    357 times
    After studing all your pictures, I agree with furtium. Both the bayonet and scabbard are Hungarian AKM 6X3 Type I. Unfortunately, from a collectors point of view, they are miss-matched. The scabbard is an earlier version as issued to the Hungarian armed forces. The scabbard is also missing both the upper and lower parts of the two piece, two snap hook hanger. The bayonet is a much more common later commercial version which was produced primarily for export sales. This was determined by the differences in manufacturing and materials used, plus the markings or lack thereof. Here is a link to the earlier military issued version and comparison. Mr. B.

http://akbayonets.info/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=156

Mr. B.

Member #
    Liked
    18 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. B. View Post
    After studing all your pictures, I agree with furtium. Both the bayonet and scabbard are Hungarian AKM 6X3 Type I. Unfortunately, from a collectors point of view, they are miss-matched. The scabbard is an earlier version as issued to the Hungarian armed forces. The scabbard is also missing both the upper and lower parts of the two piece, two snap hook hanger. The bayonet is a much more common later commercial version which was produced primarily for export sales. This was determined by the differences in manufacturing and materials used, plus the markings or lack thereof. Here is a link to the earlier military issued version and comparison. Mr. B.

http://akbayonets.info/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=156

Mr. B.
    Thanks for the very detailed response, Mr. B.
    That's unfortunate that it's not very rare or collectible, but I still enjoy the look of it and will continue to search for the straps to make it complete albeit mismatched.
    Mr. B. likes this.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Sponsors