replica "1955 Bulgarian" bayonet
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree12Likes

Thread: replica "1955 Bulgarian" bayonet

Member #
    Liked
    1958 times

replica "1955 Bulgarian" bayonet

Accidentally found these "replica" bayonets.

I don't know where this company gets their crap blades from. Might be India, might be China. Would be funny if the Chinese had finally found a way to unload all the leftover commercial bayonets they got stuck with.

1955 AK47 Bulgarian Bayonet Replica - Armory Replicas

Mr. B. and Mr Nobody like this.

Member #
    Liked
    357 times
    I have one of these repro bayonets. It was relatively inexpensive on eBay. I bought it knowing it was made in China and imported and distributed by someone in the US. The scabbard is functional, but not an attempt at a repro of the original AK47 bayonet scabbard. The bayonet blade is clearly mark "CHINA". The blade is very well made and is not like any other ComBloc AK47 blade, either European or Asian. It is not configured/shaped or finished the same as any other original one. It has a false edge and is finished in black. The cast machined cross guard, muzzle ring and latch assemble are either very close copies or the same as the originals. The same goes for the pommel. These could indeed be left over original parts or made on the same machinery. The Chinese "Chu" wood grips are also virtually the same as the originals and may well interchange with other AK 47 bayonet grips either wood or plastic. The one I received mounted on an imported AK47 rifle clone, but was a little tight fitting. Maybe because of both being new. I am not sure what the finish is on the metal surfaces. It may well be paint, but it is nicely done. Overall a very nicely made and substantial bayonet, but not a very true replica. Also not very usable as any thing except as a bayonet or wall hanger as the shape of the hilt makes it difficult to use as a knife. M.

Member #
    Liked
    1958 times
    China. I see. I suppose painting the blade is cheaper than hard chrome.

Fuller looks different from my the Legend version, as well.
    Mr. B. likes this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    TheAKForum.net
    Advertisements

Member #
    Liked
    357 times
    Yeah, the fuller is different as is the false edge. Blade feels thicker/heavier too. Just for additional information most of the original European versions very in minor details and finish from the Chinese and N. Korean versions. The Chinese produced both a military and commercial versions including the Legend ones. By the way, like your avatar. My father flew F4U Corsairs in the Pacific during WWII. VMF-224. M.
    trevorakm likes this.

Member #
    Liked
    1958 times
    That's fantastic. VMF-224 was one of the greats.

That Corsair is owned locally. I try to get a photo of my son with it every couple years.
    Mr. B. and trevorakm like this.

Member #
    Liked
    46 times
    These are made by the people who make the AK47 knives you see everywhere that have nothing to do with an AK, and bear no resemblance to any known bayonet. Basically just a cheap Chinese knife.
    They finally got around to making it resemble the real bayonets. But still nothing to do with the AK, and no better that any cheap Chinese junk knife.

Member #
    Liked
    6 times
    I get messages from Pakistan manufactures on my Facebook page every few days. They offer me to make replicas of any bayonet. I believe in future will be more and more replicas...

Member #
    Liked
    357 times
    Here are some picture comparisons of the "1955 Bulgarian AK47" replica bayonet. To show part interchangeability I have replaced the grip panel on the repro with new Russian ones and placed it in a new Bulgarian scabbard to make it look more "real" as a replica. The other two bayonets pictured are a real early Bulgarian AK47 bayonet and a more recent Chinese AK47 Legend bayonet made for the commercial market. The Bulgarian is at the top or left, the repro is center, and the Chinese is bottom & right. The blade is well made but not even close as a replica, wrong fuller, false edge and finish. The hilt, however, is a very close to original, well made replica. M.

IMG_2353.JPGIMG_2354.JPGIMG_2355.JPGIMG_2356.JPG
    majormadmax and Mr Nobody like this.

Member #
    Liked
    357 times
    IMG_2358.JPGIMG_2359.JPGIMG_2360.JPGMore pictures "1955 Bulgarian AK47" replica bayonet. M.

Attachment 35868Attachment 35869Attachment 35870
    Last edited by Mr. B.; 12-10-2015 at 02:05 PM.
    Mr Nobody likes this.

Member #
    Liked
    357 times
    My apologizes. The picture downloader inverted several of the pictures. The one in the middle is always the repro and the one with wood grip panels is Chinese. Also note the repro is made in CHINA and is so marked on the blade ricasso. M.

Member #
    Liked
    254 times
    Outta pure curiosity I picked one of these up off eBay for under twenty bucks delivered.

It is exactly as has been described on here, a Chinese reproduction; but it's not that bad and for the price, it's worth the giggle just to have.

It will never be mistaken for the real thing, but if you like AK bayonets and own such ones as the "North Korean" ones made in Vietnam, I don't see any harm in adding one of these to your collection as long as you don't try to pass it off for being something it's not (and only a blind man would mistake it for being real, and even then he'd probably tell by handling it!).

Cheers! M2
    Mr. B. likes this.

Member #
    Liked
    204 times
    Old thread, but the closest to my question.

Bought this assuming it was Chinese (from the scabbard alone). No markings save for a four digit serial, but the grips aren't Chu wood - more like the brown synthetics of the European (Bulgarian) 6x2s.

So what is it? Something made to match the darker finished Polytech Legend stocks?

Last edited by Story; 04-24-2019 at 09:12 AM.

Member #
    Liked
    357 times
    I would need to see better pictures of both sides of the hilt. Also front and back of the scabbard, especially the hanger to make a positive identification. M.
    Story likes this.

Member #
    Liked
    204 times
    Just noticed a single drain hole in the scabbard tip.

Member #
    Liked
    357 times
    The scabbard definitely appears to be Bulgarian. I would expect the bayonet to be Bulgarian as well. The only marking on a Bulgarian AK47 bayonet are usually a 4 digit number stamped on the left side of the pommel. the numbers are situated in a straight line crossways to the length of the bayonet. M.
    Bulgarian AK47.jpg
    Story likes this.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Sponsors