AK Rifles banner

Eastern Bloc for the Ladies

1K views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  koldwarkid 
#1 ·
What Eastern bloc pistol would you recommend for women?

My mom lives alone and has expressed an interest in purchasing a pistol for protection.
With com-bloc weapons being my forte, naturally I recommended she get a Makarov or CZ82 like I have. When I said that I could find her a pistol for about $200 she seemed even more interested.
I'm not sure what Warsaw pact side arm would suit her best though.
Maybe something in .32 would work better for her.

My CZ82 feels like it was literally custom made for my hands. Her hands however, are smaller than mine. Also, she has never fired a weapon in her life.

So what do ya think sirs?

#2 ·
Another vote for the CZ82 for its mag capacity and safety features. I like the DA/SA and I think a larger grip profile should help your mother handle the recoil.

My wife is 5' and 105lbs and she took to my Glock 19 very naturally. I don't think the 9mm Makarov round should be too much of an issue.

#3 ·
Let her try/shoot the CZ82. As for the Makarov, it may fit her hand better. However, they have a tendency to be a little more "snappy" for some people, so that's a consideration, as well. My wife likes my Makarov, but prefers to shoot my 1911A1 and P229 in .40 S&W without any issues. It's just going to depend on what SHE likes (which, as a married man, I'm all too familiar with!). :grin:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.