A question for you guys with transferable full-autos...

Member #
    Liked
    210 times

A question for you guys with transferable full-autos...

know a lot of you have full autos as security funds. My question to you is: would you be really ticked if citizens were again allowed to manufacture fully-automatic weapons for legal transfer to other individuals without a license? Not meaning to sway you any one way but I know if it was me, I would be kind of mad about losing my whole retirement fund though I would prefer the machine gun aspect over that as it would be a constitutional gain nonetheless.

thanks guys,
    Andy
    "All we know about the new economic world tells us that nations which train engineers will prevail over those which train lawyers. No nation has ever sued its way to greatness.

Technical Advisors

Member #
    Liked
    28 times
    No, I'd celebrate it.

http://colonialshooting.com/

You can reach me directly at templarm4carbine at gmail.com

TheAKForum Site Staff, Retired

Member #
    Liked
    7 times
    I bought mine for fun, not as an investment. Maybe if I had paid today's prices it might bug me a bit, but I'd feel better once I realized I could afford to buy more.
    I bought a MP-40 in the late 80s for $2,000, and a Maxim 08/15 in the early 90s for $1,200 (I put about another $1,000 into it for restoration and accessories). Even if people could start building transferable full autos again, I don't think too many more of those would show up.
    A full auto AK, RPD, or DP-28 would be nice though.

4. Remove Advertisements
    TheAKForum.net
    Advertisements

Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Not at all. I would just cost average with the new windfall. Lose some in one area and more than make up for it in another.

Member #
    Liked
    210 times
    cool
    "All we know about the new economic world tells us that nations which train engineers will prevail over those which train lawyers. No nation has ever sued its way to greatness.

Member #
    Liked
    922 times
    Andyman, if someone was to answer the question yes, then they are no friend of ours. That person would simply be using the power of the federal government to deny us our rights simply so he could make a buck. The value of much of my collection went down after the '94 AWB expired. I'm happy. I now have more of my God given freedom and have been able to buy more firearms.
    Rights are inherent. They do not come from another's wallet.

Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    Truth is there are a few big time dealers and collectors who cringe at the thought of these things coming legal to produce again. I even heard of rumors (from some people who worked with the local congressmen who was a sponsor)that a few lobbied against the veterans war trophy act that was being kicked around a few years ago. I would love for my Full auto guns to become the same value as my title 1 guns are.
    WTB
    Beryl mags, Bulgarian 556 mags, Any 556 AK mags
    Skorpion Mags,
    Romanian bakelite lower handguard,
    Polskie dziewczyny maja najwiecej witaminy!

Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Bret
    The value of much of my collection went down after the '94 AWB expired. I'm happy. I now have more of my God given freedom and have been able to buy more firearms.

Jeez, the loss I took on some early preban colt stuff... well worth it in the end.

MKM

Member #
    Liked
    44 times
    I have a collection of MGs currently valued well into six figures....I'd give up that so-called "value" in a heartbeat for the ability to make and register new MGs!!!!!

First, I didn't pay anywhere near their current value for them, nor did I spend my savings and/or retirement funds or home equity for them. I bought then to shoot and enjoy them and I could afford them from discretionary income.

Second, If the ban were repealed, I would be able to add a bunch more for a reasonable price and that would far outweigh any "loss" in value of my current collection.
    God fearin',gun-totin', right wing radical, redneck

Member #
    Liked
    296 times

Re: A question for you guys with transferable full-autos...

Quote Originally Posted by Andyman
    know a lot of you have full autos as security funds. My question to you is: would you be really ticked if citizens were again allowed to manufacture fully-automatic weapons for legal transfer to other individuals without a license? Not meaning to sway you any one way but I know if it was me, I would be kind of mad about losing my whole retirement fund though I would prefer the machine gun aspect over that as it would be a constitutional gain nonetheless.

thanks guys,
    Andy
    I own many,many guns--All different types,ect.I never bought any as an investment.I only bought them because I love(luv) this shit.Yes many have really gone up in cost-Like the SIG AMTs that I bought for $275 in the early 70s,Cetmes were $189,As were AR180s&AR15.
    Sub guns-Like Riesings were $110-The transfer cost more then the guns,MP44 with 600rds ammo-in 1980 was $600,-I could go on and on-I would rather have it the way it was then now-MP 40 with a new receiver$12,000 to $16,000-Same gun in 1980 was $600/$700.
    Man I heard it time and again-"Hay I gotta make a buck too"-Yes I guess some folks do--But please don't rip my pockets off.And that is what I see now.Like I said--I really like this stuff,Along with many of my closest friends that I "PLAY WITH".We have all agreed that it is near impossible to go out and try to build up a fair to nice collection of anything now days.But the class 3 stuff is way at crazy money.I only hope that things change so it will again become more affordable and fun to collect and shoot-Thats it Frenchy
    Youth is wasted on Young people,Ben Franklin

Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    I would not mind either. The price that was paid for our machine gun is no where near where it's value is now. Shit ,if we had known what was going to happen we would have bought all three Ak's we were looking at.

I think the only one's who would be really upset would be those that purchased right before hypothetical situation happens.

That being said I would gladly lose ALL the value of the weapon if ammo went back to $89.00 a case!!

Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    I would NEED a 2nd mortgage!!!

Glockdude1..........................
    "If War is HELL, Take a better Pitchfork than the DEVIL!!!"

Member #
    Liked
    210 times
    Awesome! Glad to see I am not the only one that thinks this way. I had heard about what Hirosstorageunit was talking about and just wanted to see what you guys had to say!! Thanks for the reassured confidence in this site!

andy

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New

Sponsors