The AK Forum

AK74 auto sear

Thread: AK74 auto sear

Tags: None
  1. Dlight said:

AK74 auto sear

I am trying to find out if ak74 auto sears differ in sizes. I work for a machine gun rental range as a armorer. We have a ak74 in our inventory and the tip of the auto sear got chewed up by a defective bolt carrier. A new sear was ordered, but the new sear is shorter than the one in the weapon. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Walleye said:
    You probably got a AK sear rather than an AKM/AK74 sear. Here's one from AoA: https://armsofamerica.com/fullautocurvedsear-599.aspx
    "Men who are not free... always idealize their bondage." - Boris Pasternak

Disclaimer: I have been informed that I exist solely as a shill for false flag operations on behalf of not only the United States federal government, but the Illuminati, Majestic 12, Area 51, and Nike. I do not own any firearms (so I've been told) and instead attain self-gratification exclusively with Nerf guns.

ęDaedalus Self-Aware Technologies 2009-2017 P.S. ICARUS HAS FOUND YOU!!! RUN WHILE YOU CAN!!!

3. Dlight said:
    That’s actually the one we ordered

4. Dlight said:
    It’s about a 1/8th shorter than the one that got chewed up

Walleye said:
    AFAIK the only differences are between milled and stamped, though I'm far from an expert on the subject.
    "Men who are not free... always idealize their bondage." - Boris Pasternak

Disclaimer: I have been informed that I exist solely as a shill for false flag operations on behalf of not only the United States federal government, but the Illuminati, Majestic 12, Area 51, and Nike. I do not own any firearms (so I've been told) and instead attain self-gratification exclusively with Nerf guns.

ęDaedalus Self-Aware Technologies 2009-2017 P.S. ICARUS HAS FOUND YOU!!! RUN WHILE YOU CAN!!!

will36 said:
    I bet the hole was drilled off a little in the rec. Your chewed up seer was probably was someones weld up job that failed and come off.

7. Dlight said:
    That’s pretty much the same thing I had considered. Pretty much decided that I’m going to cut a small piece of metal, weld it on and reshape it

8. Dlight said:
    But I very much appreciate everyone’s help

Bret said:
    What model AK74 is it and what's the receiver? I have some left over from builds that I can't use. It would be nice for one to go to a good and legal home.
    Rights are inherent. They do not come from another's wallet.