Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Like Tree9Likes

Thread: Are DSA RPDs anygood?

Member #
    Liked
    10 times
    Quote Originally Posted by gogriz91 View Post
    Looks like she's ready for Baltimore...
    Hahaha im in New Orleans and hope they don't bring that mess down here..if they do,I will be ontop of my shoe store building with this bad boy fully loaded
    Fiorentino likes this.

Member #
    Liked
    10 times
    I went shooting it today and had fun but I seemed to have the same problems that a lot of these DSarms are having..I thought that scence it is 2015 and that these problems date back to when dsarms started building these RPDs that they would adress the issue..
    I've put 180 rounds thru it today and have had 6-8 rounds that were "light primer strikes" and I had to eject those rounds,I also had a problem where I had to pull the trigger like 3-5 times before it fired.i had that problem about 8 times out of the 180 rounds i fired it..I plan on taking it out and shooting some more and hopefully this time it'll run better or else I'm sending it back to DSA..other than that it was a lot of fun.

Member #
    Liked
    1724 times
    It will NOT run better on its own. It WILL need to be tweaked, preferably by you. As it wears in you have to mess with it. There is no getting around that. The light primer strikes are probably due to the firing spring hanging up in the stock hole and the multiple trigger pulls before firing are probably due to the sear/linear hammer sticking together. The sear grabs the linear hammer and pulls it down instead of just sliding across the face of the engagement notch. This is remedied by filing a radius on the linear hammer where it contacts the sear. You simply should not buy or own one of these unless it is already worn in or you are willing to tinker with it as it wears in.

4. Remove Advertisements
    TheAKForum.net
    Advertisements

Member #
    Liked
    10 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Wilhelm View Post
    It will NOT run better on its own. It WILL need to be tweaked, preferably by you. As it wears in you have to mess with it. There is no getting around that. The light primer strikes are probably due to the firing spring hanging up in the stock hole and the multiple trigger pulls before firing are probably due to the sear/linear hammer sticking together. The sear grabs the linear hammer and pulls it down instead of just sliding across the face of the engagement notch. This is remedied by filing a radius on the linear hammer where it contacts the sear. You simply should not buy or own one of these unless it is already worn in or you are willing to tinker with it as it wears in.
    well thanks for the info and I will tinker with it a bit and see what comes up..

Member #
    Liked
    10 times
    Does anyone here own one built from a different company and has the same issues?or is this just DSA builds?i mean I'm very happy with the rifle and all but I'm just wondering if these problems are only with DSA builds?every problematic RPD I see on YouTube is made by DSA

Member #
    Liked
    10 times
    Thanks wilhem I have the gun feild strip and I think I see what you're talking about..now that I have the gun feildstrip I can get a better look at how things work in this rifle

Member #
    Liked
    1724 times
    Quote Originally Posted by moe24 View Post
    Does anyone here own one built from a different company and has the same issues?or is this just DSA builds?i mean I'm very happy with the rifle and all but I'm just wondering if these problems are only with DSA builds?every problematic RPD I see on YouTube is made by DSA
    Yes. Mine was custom built by a Class II guy. He tested mine for feeding and general function during building using the full auto components from his own build and it worked 100%. He then finished the semi auto lower before turning it over to me as a semi auto. It worked fine the first time out and then started exhibiting light primer strikes the second time out. I fixed that (almost....see below). Simultaneously, the intermediate firing pin started giving problems because it wasn't properly hardened. I fixed that. Then, the multiple trigger pull gremlin hit. I fixed that. Now, it just works and works. Now and then (maybe 2% of the time), I get a light primer strike if the primers are hard but that's just how it's going to be. It wasn't designed to fire from a closed bolt. It never jams.

Member #
    Liked
    10 times
    I have 800 rounds thru it and the more I shoot and clean it the better it gets..the last 400 rounds I didn't get any light primer strikes or any problems with the FCG..heres a quick cellphone video with me putting about 40-50 rounds thru it (I had a 100 round belt in it but my phone ran out of memory and didn't record me firing off the rest of the rounds.

http://youtu.be/bvSPES0g4_s

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Sponsors