US made RPK Furniture
Like Tree2Likes
  • 2 Post By E.H.

Thread: US made RPK Furniture

Member #
    Liked
    36 times

US made RPK Furniture

I sent an email to ronin's grips asking if it was possible to make a set for the RPK. I would like a polymer set for my RPK. I'm just wondering if anyone else would be interested.

Member #
    Liked
    36 times
    Got a response from ronin's grips already he has been considering this already, here is the email:

"I am considering it Edward. If you know of folks who are interested, please have them drop me a note.

Which RPK are you talking about specifically? I am considering a Romy wood based set to cover a broad section of rifles. I also have a Russian Vepr IV RPK that I plan to confirm the Romy set will fit on but haven't done so yet. I am not planning to support the Yugo M72 RPK at this point.

If I go with wood, I can have nice thick and strong furniture. The thin walled ribbed stuff is very problematic for me to cast reliably so I don't plan on going that route.

If everything comes together, this would be a project for either this fall or next spring so I am actively thinking about it.

Any thoughts on my using a Romy set to make the molds?

Best wishes,

George"

These are the questions he asked me, hopefully we get some response. I have a Romy AES-10B a and want a poly club foot and hand guards that are the same dimensions as a wood set.
    otus and Mullo98 like this.

Member #
    Liked
    36 times
    40 views and no responses?

4. Remove Advertisements
    TheAKForum.net
    Advertisements

Member #
    Liked
    833 times
    I think one of the problems with that would be weight.

That stuff is real heavy and a sold RPK buttstock made from it might weigh ALOT.
    Handguards would be cool, but that stock would be a boat anchor.

Member #
    Liked
    36 times
    Thanks for the feed back, he already makes a stock for vepr I think he might fill us in on the weight considerations. I don't imagine it would weigh to much more then the wood stick but I could be wrong

Member #
    Liked
    513 times
    Here is a genuine Russian poly RPK set, http://www.russiansurplus.net/produc...y-plum-set.htm
    Last edited by Omega7.62; 07-10-2014 at 04:40 PM.
    "I was rather hostile to a reduced calibre being used by us. Even now, I am still convinced that the 7.62 is the best" M. Kalashnikov

Vendors

Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    You guys are right, it would be happier. Our Polymer that is reinforced with glass is roughly half again heavier than wood.

The benefit is that it doesn't warp, is unaffected by moisture, and is extremely heat resistant compared to wood.

If in general, you guys are against the idea, then it would really help me to know this. I thought that there would be interest in a polymer stock set for Rommie and Russian RPKs.

I would certainly welcome thoughts and comments.

Member #
    Liked
    36 times
    Yep that is a genuine Russian stock set at the genuine Russian price of $275 after the $25 discount, and of course you have the ease of only choosing from one color. All joking aside I am just looking for other options, I hope a complete set comes out cheaper then the Russian set, if not at least I could get a custom colour. As for weight, it's an RPK, it weighs a lot, I'm not carrying it all day every day so weight is not really a concern. For me at least.

Member #
    Liked
    18 times
    Would it be possible to case in a void in the center of the stock to remove some of the weight compared with a wood stock set? It seems strong enough that a little bit of air space might not compromise the strength at all.

Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    So did this ever happen?

I know this was a few months ago. Still all I can seem to find are totally expensive genuine Russian surplus stuff

Here's a question... would a romy wood-based RPK stock set fit into a WASR reciever? I love the feel of the RPK stock profile and was considering trying to use an RPK stock on my AK.

Member #
    Liked
    383 times
    Furniture :: Handguards :: Brand New RPK Handguard Set - Black Plastic - AK-Builder.com

These aren't 922r compliant, but they are an inexpensive copy of tne Russian handguards if that's all you're looking for.

Member #
    Liked
    17 times
    I'd love wood rpk stock set on my vepr fm47-11 but I'm not gonna pay $300 that's alot of ammo . Anyone make a us cheaper version and I know this is old thread but stumbled across it

Sponsors