Why Is The 27" VEPR x54r Rifle Considered Rare?
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Ol'Sarge2K

Thread: Why Is The 27" VEPR x54r Rifle Considered Rare?

Member #
    Liked
    227 times

Why Is The 27" VEPR x54r Rifle Considered Rare?

I am in seek of enlightenment my friends! I continue to read that the aforementioned rifle is classified as being rare. Additionally, The three samples on GunBroker have them listed as so in their descriptions. Completed GunBroker listings have sold in the $1.1K-$1.4K range + current listings are at $1.1K. Please shed light on the matter for me!

Lock + Load!

Member #
    Liked
    333 times
    How many were brought into the country? Answer - Not many. Hence it is rare.
    "The badge of rank an officer wears on his coat is really a symbol of servitude to his men." GEN Maxwell Taylor

Member #
    Liked
    227 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Ol'Sarge2K View Post
    How many were brought into the country? Answer - Not many. Hence it is rare.
    Supply + demand my friend! Per a user on another forum, the 27" configuration was never intended for the US market. They were designed with a longer barrel to get past import restrictions that are imposed on firearms in certain calibers (DaTrowl - AKFiles).

Thank you for your input on the matter, Ol'Sarge2K!

4. Remove Advertisements
    TheAKForum.net
    Advertisements

Member #
    Liked
    333 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Cartel View Post
    Supply + demand my friend! Per a user on another forum, the 27" configuration was never intended for the US market. They were designed with a longer barrel to get past import restrictions that are imposed on firearms in certain calibers (DaTrowl - AKFiles).

Thank you for your input on the matter, Ol'Sarge2K!
    Where? Canada?
    "The badge of rank an officer wears on his coat is really a symbol of servitude to his men." GEN Maxwell Taylor

Member #
    Liked
    227 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Ol'Sarge2K View Post
    Where? Canada?
    from what I understand and I could be mis-informed... the 27 inch were very low production run rifles.... they just never made very many of them....they were also never intended for US sales, they were specifically designed with the longer barrel to get around some of Canada's import restrictions on firearms in some calibers....

that's what makes them expensive....low production numbers, never intended for US sales = rare variant = money.......

just like the hand full that came in with the factory adjustable gas system....I had a square back 23 inch 54r with the adjustable gas system.....sold it last ban panic for an OBSCENE profit....that one 54r rifle in fact factory NIB ended up funding my 2 current 23 inch 308s, their furniture and mags, and enough ammo for me to not cry about letting it go.

now....since those days, they may be intentionally importing the 27 inch for the niche market they found in US.....but even if they are, they are still coming in in damn small lots compared to the 23 20.5 and 16 inch versions.
    Per DaTrowl via AKFILES

Member #
    Liked
    333 times
    Thanks, I know there's some sweet long barrel VZ-58 variants only Canada gets.
    Cartel likes this.

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New

Sponsors