Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree7Likes

Thread: Guns in Crete: Vice Video

btr

Member #
    Liked
    578 times

Guns in Crete: Vice Video

Crete has come up on this forum before; here is a pretty interesting video about gun ownership there. AKs show up a couple of times. The Cretan resistance during WW2 is a fascinating story some of you may wish to read about elsewhere- "The Cretan Runner" is a good book on the topic.

https://video.vice.com/en_ca/video/g...e5af510433eddf

Super Moderator
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    3783 times
    Kiwi troops stood proud on Crete during WWII, and helped carry on the resistance. Battle of Crete, and the retreat south through Greece that preceded it, was one of the NZ military's most heroic campaigns. All while their ANZAC "comrades" from Australia kicked back in the South Pacific.
    We've got a hell of a lot more in common with the fellow citizens we're being trained to hate than the puppetmasters training us to hate them.
    ::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::
    I can organize and sell your Commbloc weapon/parts/accessory collection
    if you lack the time or desire; send a PM if interested.

Kalashnikov Collectors Association

Member #
    Liked
    200 times
    Really cool! Will have to watch the whole thing later. Thanks for posting!

Quote Originally Posted by AZAK View Post
    Kiwi troops stood proud on Crete during WWII, and helped carry on the resistance. Battle of Crete, and the retreat south through Greece that preceded it, was one of the NZ military's most heroic campaigns. All while their ANZAC "comrades" from Australia kicked back in the South Pacific.
    Agreed that the Kiwis were very heroic on Crete. That said, my grandfather had his ass saved by Ozzies in New Guinea and I would not be here today if they hadn't made a pretty heroic stand there at Buna in 1943 and in other parts throughout the war. They did their part too!
    Last edited by Andyman; 06-25-2019 at 04:13 PM.
    Itsnodawayitustabe likes this.
    "All we know about the new economic world tells us that nations which train engineers will prevail over those which train lawyers. No nation has ever sued its way to greatness.”

4. Remove Advertisements
    TheAKForum.net
    Advertisements

Super Moderator
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    3783 times
    Australia chose to defend the homeland rather than answer the Commonwealth’s call, a wise strategic decision in retrospect, but the difference in repercussions for their respective military forces was vast. Australia did play a critical and heroic role in the South Pacific, no question, but their forces were fortunate to be spared the mass actions and casualties that Churchill carelessly threw the Kiwis into half-way around the world.
    Andyman likes this.
    We've got a hell of a lot more in common with the fellow citizens we're being trained to hate than the puppetmasters training us to hate them.

Member #
    Liked
    295 times
    Vice is an anti-American source of information. Almost all of their published content is with political belief/agenda. I will not click their links and support them, and I encourage everyone else to do the same.

btr

Member #
    Liked
    578 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Pookie View Post
    Vice is an anti-American source of information. Almost all of their published content is with political belief/agenda. I will not click their links and support them, and I encourage everyone else to do the same.
    I don't like them either. However, this video did not appear to be particularly political. It's up to each of to decide.

Member #
    Liked
    295 times
    Quote Originally Posted by btr View Post
    I don't like them either. However, this video did not appear to be particularly political. It's up to each of to decide.
    This is why we are losing America.

Every view equals a dollar sign, and every dollar sign helps them to project agenda. Regardless if this particular video is tainted or not, to support them in any way is counterproductive.

Banned

Member #
    Liked
    114 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Pookie View Post
    This is why we are losing America.

Every view equals a dollar sign, and every dollar sign helps them to project agenda. Regardless if this particular video is tainted or not, to support them in any way is counterproductive.
    ?????? huh???

vice makes some good documentaries. They go places other reporters wont cause they simply dont have the balls or dont want the liability. Reporters who go to hotbed places should always deserve respect. Putting their lives at risk. Nothing more important then having someone walk hand in hand with soldiers in a conflict. No matter what side they are on, the people should get a point of view that isn't twisted by the time its get to your TV, then they can make their own informed decision based on what they see and hear. Thats why those reporters do that. Its for the people to decide what they think.

ps video is broke?
    AZAK likes this.

Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Very cool, thanks for sharing this with us.

Member #
    Liked
    114 times
    Australia chose to defend the homeland rather than answer the Commonwealth’s call, a wise strategic decision in retrospect, but the difference in repercussions for their respective military forces was vast. Australia did play a critical and heroic role in the South Pacific, no question, but their forces were fortunate to be spared the mass actions and casualties that Churchill carelessly threw the Kiwis into half-way around the world.
    What really happened. Over 1/2 million Australian soldiers served in North Africa. 3,000 did not return.

https://www.dva.gov.au › files › files › media-centre › media-backgrounder

Avatar is the butt stock marking of a new condition 1941 Portuguese contract K98 Mauser

Member #
    Liked
    403 times
    "Vice is an anti-American source of information. Almost all of their published content is with political belief/agenda. I will not click their links and support them, and I encourage everyone else to do the same."
    I get the money thing but you have to know the other side's view. I use msnbc as my home page and gleem what's going on in the world not necessarily what they are telling me is true but for the big picture and to see the misinformation or not. If I'm not satisfied with what I see, read or hear I dig deeper at other sources. What I find useful is to see something at msnbc tag it in my brain and see if similar info comes up somewhere else on a totally different topic. If it does come up in an unrelated fashion, it tends to be true. In other words look at as many varied sources and look for the common threads and you'll realize the truth of what's going on as far as it's revealed. I always look for the slant. Also as stated Vice does put out some good content.

AZAK likes this.

Super Moderator
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    3783 times
    Quote Originally Posted by tsmgguy View Post
    What really happened. Over 1/2 million Australian soldiers served in North Africa. 3,000 did not return.

https://www.dva.gov.au › files › files › media-centre › media-backgrounder

Read more carefully for an accurate perspective. Australia sent three Divisions to the Mediterranean and North Africa, comprising approximately 50,000 troops, a small subset of the military fielded by Australia during WWII, and they returned home by the end of 1942. The 575,000 Australian military personnel who served overseas during WWII include all those outside of Australia, primarily in the Pacific theatre, and are not limited to those sent to fight the Germans and Italians. They did lose around 3000 troops in the North African Campaign, primarily during the siege of Tobruk and the two battles of El Alamein.
    Last edited by AZAK; 08-25-2019 at 01:54 PM.

Member #
    Liked
    403 times
    Wasn't it also the Aussies who paint the shark mouths on their P-40's that inspired the Chennault's Flying Tigers to do the same. That alone is a big check mark in this Kiwi/ Aussie discussion here. Then again I do like kiwi fruit so that gives the Kiwis a big check,so negating the Aussie's big check mark. Awww hell aren't you all ANZACs anyway. And the bigger point is the United States fought and won WW2 while carrying all you P.O.M.s (Property of her Majesty?). Team America, F*&k Yeah!

Yes I'm joking. I do love that movie though.

Banned
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    2072 times
    If anyone in here is going to by default disparage the accomplishments of the Australians in any war clearly has never worked alongside them. I have… and Kiwis, and S.Africans- shoulder to shoulder, downrange. And I'm close friends with guys who worked with them in Nam. If you're going to tell me the Aussies "kicked back" in whatever theater they were assigned to in whatever conflict, you don't know what you're talking about, you've never worked with them, and you've probably never been under automatic weapon fire... full stop. They've seriously taken the enemy to task without fail in every war since at least the Boer Wars…fact. You seriously need to untaint your point of view.

In the meantime, here's some pics of Aussies "kicking back" out there in the Pacific. These shots span the entire length of the war and are not organized chronologically. I'll remind you that N.Africa was considered one of the most "gentlemanly" segment of WW2 as whole. There was nothing "gentlemanly" at all about mixing it up with the Japanese.

Wounded_Australian_soldier_led_by_a_Papuan_orderly_at_Buna.jpgs07_shadows.jpgs01_shadows.jpgAWM_078546_Australian_42nd_Battalion_patrol_on_Bougainville.jpgLeonard_Siffleet.jpg
    trevorakm, Andyman and btr like this.

Banned
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    2072 times
    This...

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Sponsors