Like Tree7Likes

Thread: Guns in Crete: Vice Video

Super Moderator
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    3860 times
    You’re right, and it was a mistake.
    We've got a hell of a lot more in common with the fellow citizens we're being trained to hate than the puppetmasters training us to hate them.
    ::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::
    I can organize and sell your Commbloc weapon/parts/accessory collection
    if you lack the time or desire; send a PM if interested.

Kalashnikov Collectors Association

Banned
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    2086 times
    As far as Crete goes, all I really is know is Operation Mercury. Enemy or not, the Airborne assault on Crete is exalted and hallowed in halls of the Airborne community, of which I am honored to be a member of... and I have a combat jump so I know the mind-numbing fear that accompanies one, nothing like Crete though. The infil into Crete was no fucking joke. Had the Allies payed better attention to Crete the jump into Normandy might not have been such a clusterfuck, although Crete was a factor in them choosing a night drop. Both sides fought VERY hard and moreover gallantly, and the German juggernaut had to take pause to contemplate the future whereas up until then they pretty much sliced through everything like a scythe.

I only use myself as a comparison, not as bragging right. I'm nobody, but I have the honor to say I've soldiered among giants. And among them are Australians who I consider some of the most awe-inspiring warriors to have ever walked the face of the Earth.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Sponsors