Svd barrel dimensions?
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By 7n6ps

Thread: Svd barrel dimensions?

Member #
    Liked
    1 times

Svd barrel dimensions?

I'm sure this has been asked before but the threads I have searched it seems all the info is passed on through pms and everyone I have tried to contact seem to be tight lipped. I'm currently looking for the outer barrel dimensions of the standard 24.4" SVD barrel length to profile a stainless steel blank with a 1-10" twist. My goal is to get my tigr to look like an early 90s SVD model but still giving it better accuracy with handloads with a match barrel. I just want to keep it for personal use not for sale but I'll happily share the info with anyone if I were to find it. It would be nice to be able to send the dimensions off to my barrel maker to have spares since I'll be using this rifle for a variety of things.

20190602_223759.jpg
    20190602_173942.jpg

Here's the bad boy in question. Forgive the 3-9x24 for authenticity sakes, but it is quite nice though. It helps tremendously when shooting out to 800 yards. I do plan on reloading 174gr sierra match kings for it since reading the 174s seem to be recommended for best performance. So going with a 1-10 twist seemed only natural.
    scottyb likes this.

Member #
    Liked
    5481 times
    Yanno, FEG should be bringing in rifles and eventually kits in the future.

If me be you I would keeper this one stock and get a kit for a custom build.

There is also a website, out of eastern Europe, where they do all kinds of SVDs with the latest modern upgrades. I bet they have barrels.

This is not the one I am thinking of but they may have info you seek.

http://www.dragunov.net/tiger_custom.html
    Last edited by scottyb; Today at 08:40 AM.
    needs moar AK

or beer

Member #
    Liked
    5481 times
    check in here if you are interested in a Hungarian HD-18

https://www.theakforum.net/forums/26...ml#post2943907
    needs moar AK

or beer

4. Remove Advertisements
    TheAKForum.net
    Advertisements

Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    So the whole project is to put a proper length SVD barrel on the tigr. I liked the little bit more accuracy out of a stainless steel match barrel and it'll be painted over with voron paint I acquired. I want to milk as much accuracy as I can while keeping the classic look to the rifle. I've seen the Hungarian SVDs to be imported but I'm happy with this being russian. I'll never sell it and I dont care for the short tigr barrel. I must admit this is a lot more difficult than I imagined lol.

I've seen the sureshot armament group stuff for the svd and I'll admit it does look cool and practical but personally me it only looks proper on a SVDS and if those were easily available and decent price sure I'd give it a shot but at the same time I could go for a m110 clone or something similar in a dedicated long range cartridge for cheaper. I'm just going all put for this SVD wannabe cause I always wanted a svd but a very accurate one.

Sponsors