Surplus psl-54s - Page 2
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Like Tree20Likes

Thread: Surplus psl-54s

Member #
    Liked
    284 times
    Yep. I could see these being confiscated. That sucks. Even if they were approved, it wouldn't be unheard of for the BATFE to change their minds as they have done many times in the past. $1600 is an expensive parts kit!

PSL_THIRD_PIN.jpg

NOpIN.jpg
    Last edited by jjjxlr8; 11-07-2019 at 07:58 PM.
    10Gauge likes this.
    The switch from gunshots to injections is a sign that China "promotes human rights now," says Kang Zhongwen , who designed the Jinguan Automobile death van.

Member #
    Liked
    18900 times
    Quote Originally Posted by AZAK View Post
    The giveaway PSL is the commercial export version, not the milsurp version.

aww... I'll do a write-up anyway.. or at least I can say that knowing full well I won't win. [email protected]!
    "There really is something broken between your ears. You know this, yes?" - Redbear

Closed captioned for the drinking impaired. Wait...

Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    I actually bought 2 of them when I got the email since I wanted a psl and saw it was surplus so I thought it was really cool. I contacted them about the extra hole which I've been hearing about and they told me that it's only for a safety disconnector and the rifles were always made in semi auto even for the military and that this batch was approved by the atf for import.

4. Remove Advertisements
    TheAKForum.net
    Advertisements

Member #
    Liked
    284 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Gunman762 View Post
    I actually bought 2 of them when I got the email since I wanted a psl and saw it was surplus so I thought it was really cool. I contacted them about the extra hole which I've been hearing about and they told me that it's only for a safety disconnector and the rifles were always made in semi auto even for the military and that this batch was approved by the atf for import.
    That's the truth, but the BATFE didn't care when the confiscated these many years ago. The also didn't care when they required the same feature to be removed from the TIGER rifles for import. The TIGER and SVD rifles were never full auto but they didn't like the safety sear function as it's similar to what many machineguns have. Maybe they are wiser, now, over at the BATFE.... Ha! Ha!

I'm going to refrain from posting anymore about it. I hope you guys get to keep these cool rifles!
    Last edited by jjjxlr8; 11-08-2019 at 07:02 AM.
    The switch from gunshots to injections is a sign that China "promotes human rights now," says Kang Zhongwen , who designed the Jinguan Automobile death van.

Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by jjjxlr8 View Post
    I actually bought 2 of them...
    That's the truth, but the BATFE didn't care when the confiscated these many years ago. The also didn't care when they required the same feature to be removed from the TIGER rifles for import. The TIGER and SVD rifles were never full auto but they didn't like the safety sear function as it's similar to what many machineguns have. Maybe they are wiser, now, over at the BATFE.... Ha! Ha!
    I hope so I guess I'll have to see when I get them. I've also read in the past on recalls the company tends to refund the purchase as they were advertised as semi auto and atf approved. Though I hope it won't come to that since it's really just a safety feature and not full auto.

Always wanted a psl and too bad I wasn't old enough to buy them when they were under $1000
    Last edited by Gunman762; 11-08-2019 at 07:07 AM.

Member #
    Liked
    210 times
    I hope so I guess I'll have to see when I get them. I've also read in the past on recalls the company tends to refund the purchase as they were advertised as semi auto and atf approved. Though I hope it won't come to that since it's really just a safety feature and not full auto.

Always wanted a psl and too bad I wasn't old enough to buy them when they were under $1000
    Don't count on Classic doing anything to make your life easier if the BATF comes knocking. They are slimeballs plus they certainly won't be getting a refund from the .gov based on past cases so no reason for them to refund their customers.

That said, I hope the ATF doesn't change their minds on this. Unfortunately I assume it is a case of new person in a new job and they made up their own rules which are different than the made up rules the last person/inspector made. Usually that means they come back and "correct" things.
    scottyb and philippes like this.
    "All we know about the new economic world tells us that nations which train engineers will prevail over those which train lawyers. No nation has ever sued its way to greatness.

dvs

Member #
    The Peoples Demokratik Republik Of Kalefornia
    Liked
    336 times
    my atf inspector just shook his head and laughed and said hes gonna have some work to do with these.

Member #
    Liked
    258 times
    It was an interesting week. WOW, coool, awesome...uh-ho.

Member #
    Liked
    905 times
    Quote Originally Posted by dvs View Post
    my atf inspector just shook his head and laughed and said hes gonna have some work to do with these.
    You pointed it out to him?
    Rights are inherent. They do not come from another's wallet.

Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Andyman View Post

Don't count on Classic doing anything to make your life easier if the BATF comes knocking. They are slimeballs plus they certainly won't be getting a refund from the .gov based on past cases so no reason for them to refund their customers.

That said, I hope the ATF doesn't change their minds on this. Unfortunately I assume it is a case of new person in a new job and they made up their own rules which are different than the made up rules the last person/inspector made. Usually that means they come back and "correct" things.
    I noticed they took the link down now. They should provide a refund as they listed the guns as semi auto and said that they were approved by the atf and even when I messaged them they emailed me saying they're not machine guns. Them stating that they're selling a semi auto rifle then sending out machine gun is a case for lawsuits if they do not refund.

dvs

Member #
    The Peoples Demokratik Republik Of Kalefornia
    Liked
    336 times
    nope. he called me to see if i had any
    Quote Originally Posted by Bret View Post
    You pointed it out to him?

Super Moderator
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    3913 times
    It doesn't seem impossible that someone successfully made the case with ATF for allowing these in (if they do have a third pin). It is solely a cosmetic issue, the parts do not exist to utilize the third pin to make it full auto. Even if you could, I wouldn't want to be the one to try it out first - the long-stroke actions are fragile enough shooting 54r ball (only) semi-auto.

Maybe the importer convinced ATF by fabbing up a custom autosear and showing it immediately detonate.
    Last edited by AZAK; 11-08-2019 at 06:47 PM.
    We've got a hell of a lot more in common with the fellow citizens we're being trained to hate than the puppetmasters training us to hate them.
    ::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::
    I can organize and sell your Commbloc weapon/parts/accessory collection
    if you lack the time or desire; send a PM if interested.

Kalashnikov Collectors Association

Member #
    Liked
    905 times
    I noticed they took the link down now. They should provide a refund as they listed the guns as semi auto and said that they were approved by the atf and even when I messaged them they emailed me saying they're not machine guns. Them stating that they're selling a semi auto rifle then sending out machine gun is a case for lawsuits if they do not refund.
    But they're not and never have been machine guns, so they were accurate with what they were saying. If someone does have one that gets confiscated by the ATF, all they have to do is dispute their credit card charge.
    Rights are inherent. They do not come from another's wallet.

Member #
    Liked
    423 times
    I don't know what the ATF is smoking, but these rifles were designed and built as semi-automatics, never converted from full-auto to semi.
    The so called third pin was a safety device and nothing else.
    Cugir can put friggin 7 pins in there and it won't make any difference.

Member #
    Liked
    52538 times
    Field Agents opinions can be very different from one office to another.
    Andyman likes this.
    pics / vid required for validation

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Sponsors