new member.. Pics..
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Member #
    Liked
    0 times

new member.. Pics..

hey guys,

new to the forums i and just thought id drop some pics of my "almost" new ndm-86 in 54R..

http://img293.imageshack.us/my.php?imag ... 067ii6.jpg
    http://img384.imageshack.us/my.php?imag ... 010lg2.jpg

http://img384.imageshack.us/my.php?imag ... 009hp0.jpg
    http://img477.imageshack.us/my.php?image=rifle2kc8.jpg
    http://img186.imageshack.us/my.php?imag ... 066wk3.jpg

best part is i paid 600, (don't ask) a guy thought it was an ak with wood work......

people seam to forget about the ndm-86 in 54.. i think its the closest thing to a real drag in the us besides the kbi import..

thanks, will

Super Moderator
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    244 times
    Sweet looking rifle!!
    "This is the AK 47 Assault Rifle, the preferred weapon of your enemy; it makes a distinctive sound when fired at you."

ATC

Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Wow, talk about a steal. Welcome!

4. Remove Advertisements
    TheAKForum.net
    Advertisements

Member #
    Liked
    43 times
    Is that a Russian Scope on there ?

if interested i have a extra Correct Chinese PSO in Green Transit can with all accessories and paperwork available..

[email protected]

That was the Steal of the Decade....enjoy
    R.I.P. JOE CALIRI47

Member #
    Liked
    23 times
    Agreed! Man, that is a beaut!
    So.... Do you plan to enjoy it or send your kids to college on the profit from it? :razz:
    "Whenever I feel blue, I start breathing again."

Super Moderator
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    86 times
    For I deal like that, I would think about selling my soul at the cross roads (blues illusion expressed

SWEET!
    /l ,[____],
    l---L -OlllllllO-
    ()_)-()_)-o-)_)

...the prince of puns,the baron of buffoonery, the king of comedy, the wizard of whoopie!

Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Care to double your money?

Seriously though, nice rifle. And good job scoring a heck of a deal as well. That rifle was worth nearly 4 times that considering you don't have the matched scope or accessories. Better yet, it's a perfect candidate to shoot and enjoy!

Saleen

Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    yes thanks guys,

the scope is Russian from kalinkia optics, i just put it over the gun to shoot it. and ive already taken her to the range a few times..

so,,, the guy at the gun shop has come across the scope "matching" and transit case and what not, its just a pso but he wants 700 thats more than i paid for the gun! i think ill just give JOEZETA a call.. weird thing is that my stock is not matched to the rifle, 90029 and the scope he is selling (gun shop guy) is match to the stock. my rifle is 0749...

anyways, I'm very happy with her, besides what else could a collage kid want besides a dragunov? lol

Will

Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Hold on there just a minute. You need to ask him to describe the case and see if the "matching" scope's serial number matches the number carved in the left side of your butt stock. If the scope number matches, deal with him and see what he'll take off of that. Show him how much a brand new one from Kalinka is, and don't say anything about the IR, etc.

Having said that, you need to look at the "Big Picture" here. Even if you paid $700 for the scope which actually matched, you'd still be into a nearly new matching 54R NDM-86 for $1300 which is a steal.

If the "transit case" he describes happens to be brown leather / vinyl with a red velvet lining that is fitted to the gun and accessories. Give him $700 and run like hell. A matching cased gun depending upon condition goes for around $3500-$4000 I'd guess. More for an unfired example, but regardless they are a huge premium over the regular model. Almost to the point where I'm surprised some fakery hasn't begun to surface.

Then again, maybe it has......

Saleen

Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    its a pso in a green case, box, scope and papers all stamped to match the stock of the rifle. everything else is 0749 ex.. bolt, gas block.....etc.....

is a shooter, i think ill just keep her how she is

Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    He wants $700 for just the matching scope in a case? Forget it. You'd still be money ahead, but you are quite literally the only one out there who will pay that kind of scratch for that scope and he knows it. More likely, he figured out what a screw-up he made, and now he's trying to recoup what he has in the gun because $1300 is about as much as you could ever expect a gun shop to give you for a $3000 gun.

If that's really his price, no one will buy it any time soon. I'd probably tell him that the rifle is a shooter and you have no interest in the little serial number matching since you never plan to sell it. Don't leave him thinking that you "might" come back to buy it, just do your best to seem disinterested in the price.

Then send a friend in next month asking for a scope for his PSL build, AK, whatever and see what his price is then. If he wants around $350 or less for it, take it and run.

There are more reasons to want the Chinese scope over the Russian IMHO (I own and shoot both). First and formose from a tactical standpoint the Chinese reticle is much finer than the Soviet one, and as such it is also much easier to precisely repeat your point of aim on a target. For minute of torso shooting, it's a toss up, but for punching paper and printing holes next to or withing one anothr, the Chinese fine reticle wins in my book. YMMV

Good luck and keep us posted.

Saleen

Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    thanks Saleen,

i've got my hands on some 7n14 that i bout for my 91/30 a few years back, while my normal 147 Hungarian lps works just fine i think ill give this stuff a try.. factory 188, 97 or 99 i cant remember what year is stamped on this stuff..

i cant get her to shoot 3 MOA most likely because im 19 and im new to firearms and i flinch like a 12 year old girl

a few more pics to tease you guyss

http://img384.imageshack.us/my.php?imag ... 009hp0.jpg
    http://img477.imageshack.us/my.php?image=rifle2kc8.jpg
    http://img186.imageshack.us/my.php?imag ... 066wk3.jpg

thanks, Will

Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    She'll shoot better than that, but it'll take some time. Try this:

Purchase a good rifle rest like a metal Caldwell. Sand bags are too long and ultimately put pressure on the handguards which translates to the barrel and SVDs are sensitive to barrel pressure. The caldwell rest has a small sandbag top rest that will fit on your receiver just forward of the magazine and promote more consistancy. Similarly, the Soviet issue bipod for these guns mounts to the front of the receiver as well, so beyond practical experience, it is also in keeping with how they prefer to have the rifle supported for accuracy.

Another suggestion: If there's nothing "special" about your 91/30, you may want to look into mounting a PU on it and making a replica sniper out of her. I have one, and it's fun as hell and accurate as well.

Saleen

Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    ive been back and forth on the pu many times.. ive refinished the stock with polly and have been yelled at by members of MN forums. i think ill keep my 91/30 just the way it is, besides, its cool having some history to a rifle. my 91 has more reasranal markings than i know what to do with

as for the drag, ive been looking high and low for a bipod. ive talked to tantal and i dont want to talk to russel in russia.. any other ideas?

will

Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    them guys at the MN forums are funey, thay yelled when I ask how a PU mount installed, I got a PE on mine
    Snipin's a good job, mate! It's challengin' work, out of doors. I guarantee you'll not go hungry

"Utcunque placucrit Deo"

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Sponsors