Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Like Tree26Likes

Thread: MPi-KM at Atlantic

Supporting Member
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    352 times
    Dude, not cool! Rub it in! They really are incredible from the factory. Look at the difference in yours vs mine.

image.jpg
    22many likes this.

Member #
    Liked
    1574 times
    It must be a pride thing. This isn't the first time a vendor has had a hoard of nice kits and totally ruined them. They'd rather sell as guns then sell as kits because "we arent in the kit selling business."

Supporting Member
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    1086 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Vlado View Post
    It must be a pride thing. This isn't the first time a vendor has had a hoard of nice kits and totally ruined them. They'd rather sell as guns then sell as kits because "we arent in the kit selling business."
    I get you, but Atlantic has been and is in the kit selling business, they've sold kits including barreled receiver ak kits, this shouldn't have been anything new to them. I think it's 100% the pride thing, they want to get their name out there on some rarer more expensive stuff so that they get associated with quality and can up their price on their whole lines. This is a failure in doing it, they'd have been much better off selling these as kits. I'd have been all over getting a couple of these as a kit looking for a 73 dated one.
    Hell if I could find one of these in a 73 date I'd buy it and find some way to strip the cerakote off.
    Vlado, scottyb, Mitchell and 1 others like this.
    Some of you are too young to remember this but back in my day we had so much toilet paper that we threw it into the trees of our enemies.

WTB
    1960s-1986 Russian Kits | Subgun kits of any kind
    1973 dated kits and guns | AIMR-74-PM MD 86 Barrel
    Polish NSP3 Nr L-90048
    PM me, can pay $ or possibly trade.

4. Remove Advertisements
    TheAKForum.net
    Advertisements

Member #
    Liked
    15 times
    How much were these?

Member #
    Liked
    95 times
    Quote Originally Posted by questy View Post
    How much were these?
    $1300 I think and sold out very quick, few hours maybe. Wonder how many they had.

Member #
    Liked
    3 times
    So the consensus is that Atlantic should have offered these as kits, what would you pay for a matching excellent German kit?

My thoughts are they have to keep their kit building crew busy with something to keep them on the payroll.

Supporting Member
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    1086 times
    I don't believe they have a kit building crew, all the atlantic aks I've seen were made by someone else for them. If they had a small number of ex condition all matching EG kits they could have sold for $800-900 easily, all without the cost of receiver, 922r, build cost, shipping back and forth and then taking all the risks around the builds for warranty and returns. They could have potentially spent a little time and broken them down by years so that people could order the year they wanted and gotten prob $900-1000, or one at a timed them on gunbroker for even more.
    JeepFan and Vlado like this.
    Some of you are too young to remember this but back in my day we had so much toilet paper that we threw it into the trees of our enemies.

WTB
    1960s-1986 Russian Kits | Subgun kits of any kind
    1973 dated kits and guns | AIMR-74-PM MD 86 Barrel
    Polish NSP3 Nr L-90048
    PM me, can pay $ or possibly trade.

Member #
    Liked
    3 times
    I thought I heard him mention in the German AK kit offering video that they had an inside team doing this or something to that effect, could be mistaken.

If people were willing to pay $900-$1000 for the kit than I agree with you 100% myst173.

Member #
    Liked
    5508 times
    What a shame. So much lost potential.

Member #
    Liked
    1574 times
    As great as vendors like Atlantic are, their products are not aimed at the collector. I believe there are three different types of AK people out there:

1. Non-collector, non-enthusiast. Likes to shoot his generic AK platform on the weekends, doesn't care where it was made as long as it looks like "an AK47"

2. Quasi-collector. This person knows buzzwords like "East German" and "Izhmash" but their depth of knowledge goes no deeper. They know those guns are more rare and desirable but can't tell you why, and they don't care to learn. This is who these EG Atlantic builds are marketed to.

3. Enthusiast collector. Pretty much anybody who can tell even a few key differences between different countries AK variants. These people are annoyed to all end when vendors ruin beautiful parts kits by refinishing them.
    Mitchell, scottyb and alphaDAM like this.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Sponsors