DDR/East German selector markings observation
Like Tree9Likes
  • 8 Post By Djblanco
  • 1 Post By tsmgguy

Thread: DDR/East German selector markings observation

Member #
    Liked
    14 times
    I had the opportunity to take these photos and figured the EG crowd would appreciate some observations I made. Only one reference online I found was able to shed light on what was what so I assume the date range was correct.

1964-1968 Flat long selector notch, D/E mark are straight up and down.The D has a flat top and bottom. Center post on the E is shorter then the top and bottom. Finish is a smoother blued type finish. However some of the markings with the features from this date range appear to be the black park with a smooth finish. Heavy stamp style with wide marks, edges of the marking have a slight radius going into the recess of the mark.

1971-1974 Flat long selector notch, D/E mark are straight up and down.The D has a flat top and bottom like 64’-68’. Center post on the E is the same length as the top and bottom. Heavy stamp style with wide marks, edges of the marking have a slight radius going into the recess of the mark. Finish appears to be a soft black park.

1975-1979 Flat long selector notch, D/E mark are slanted.The D has a curved bow shape unlike the two previous styles with the flat top and bottom. Center post on the E is the same length as the top and bottom. Marking method changed and is thinner/sharper cut roughly the same depth as the others. Finish is a lighter gray park.

1980-1986 Flat selectors, vary in length but are not as long as the previous styles. D/E appear slanted but the style of the font copy the 64’/68’. The D has a flat top and bottom. The E has a short center but the marking style seems to be similar/same to 75’/79’. Thin sharp grooves. The ones I have observed also have a number stamped close to the rear trunnion. Possibly a SN but some sort of unrelated identification mark is more likely in my opinion. Finish is a heavy gray park

Last edited by Djblanco; 09-20-2019 at 04:50 AM.

Member #
    Liked
    2234 times

DDR/East German selector markings observation

Yes, three basic fonts. Glad to see some else that cares.

Not sure on dates. Straight/early - curved and more curved, Rob would know.
    Someone here provided one correct italic marking stamp to Riggs. I have a sick 86 rcvr read eye w/those mash markings

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    Last edited by techno; 12-01-2019 at 02:24 AM.
    WTB/WTT:
    Rare/unique original barrel kits
    Russian Barrels
    East German Barrels
    I have rare parts/kits and plenty original Russian paint to trade.

Member #
    Liked
    147 times
    Original AK built up a MPi-KM for me out of a 1966 parts kit. They copied the fire selector notches and markings from the original receiver stub, making their own dies for stamping. Pretty close?
    Attached Images
    evolixsurf likes this.
    Avatar is the butt stock marking of a new condition 1941 Portuguese contract K98 Mauser

4. Remove Advertisements
    TheAKForum.net
    Advertisements

Member #
    Liked
    3 times
    Does this look like 80-86?
    Attached Images

Member #
    Liked
    1134 times
    Quote Originally Posted by mpdphil View Post
    Does this look like 80-86?
    Looks to match the best to the above photos...
    WTB:

Russian Type 1 or 2 parts/kit

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New

Sponsors