East German AK74 on GB
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 91
Like Tree96Likes

Thread: East German AK74 on GB

  1. #1
    Senior Member

    Member #
    27249
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    3,035
    Liked
    2048 times

    East German AK74 on GB

    Check out what I found on GunBroker.com! https://www.gunbroker.com/item/801851493

    For the guys that missed them before, this one looks perfect.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    WTB/WTT:
    Rare/unique original barrel kits
    Russian Barrels
    East German Barrels
    I have rare parts/kits and plenty original Russian paint to trade.


  2. #2
    Supporting Member
    Supporting Member

    Member #
    26489
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Location
    Upstate, SC
    Posts
    965
    Liked
    891 times
    Yeah, I had hoped no one would notice it. I started off the bidding on it the other day. We'll see how it goes.
    ltong29 and Andyman like this.
    WTB
    1960s-1986 Russian Kits | Subgun kits of any kind
    1973 dated kits and guns | AIMR-74-PM MD 86 Barrel
    Polish NSP3 Nr L-90048
    PM me, can pay $ or possibly trade.

  3. #3
    Senior Member

    Member #
    22935
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    ᎣᎦᎳᎰᎹ
    Posts
    11,905
    Liked
    49278 times
    Very nice kit, there were some magnificent, hand pick examples when these came in back in '15
    pics / vid required for validation

  4. Remove Advertisements
    TheAKForum.net
    Advertisements
     

  5. #4
    Senior Member

    Member #
    6231
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Steel Wool City
    Posts
    7,012
    Liked
    5603 times
    Quote Originally Posted by TRAAK's View Post
    Very nice kit, there were some magnificent, hand pick examples when these came in back in '15

    (cough)'14(cough)






    TRAAK's and AZG like this.
    Constantly studying spots welds, mag well dimple shapes, center support rivet heads and selector markings for the last 11 years...

    BTW - Keep your BFH away from my AK!

    WTB Late East German 7.62 top cover and gas tube numbered 687.

  6. #5
    AZG
    AZG is offline
    Senior Member

    Member #
    19956
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Mohave County, AZ
    Posts
    1,641
    Liked
    569 times
    I bought mine 9/11/14 for $799 from desert fox
    TRAAK's and evolixsurf like this.

  7. #6
    Senior Member

    Member #
    22935
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    ᎣᎦᎳᎰᎹ
    Posts
    11,905
    Liked
    49278 times
    Quote Originally Posted by MPiKM-72 View Post
    (cough)'14(cough)






    Well, that explains why Desert Fox held my check for a year...

    pics / vid required for validation

  8. #7
    Senior Member

    Member #
    6231
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Steel Wool City
    Posts
    7,012
    Liked
    5603 times
    Quote Originally Posted by AZG View Post
    I bought mine 9/11/14 for $799 from desert fox
    Me too. Got shipment notification on 09/12/14. I keep the kit under my desk. I may have been one of the first 10 people to order. Had to join that calguns forum to get the notification. No regerts. My genes are German/Prussian so I had to get it on.
    AZG and Andyman like this.
    Constantly studying spots welds, mag well dimple shapes, center support rivet heads and selector markings for the last 11 years...

    BTW - Keep your BFH away from my AK!

    WTB Late East German 7.62 top cover and gas tube numbered 687.

  9. #8
    AZG
    AZG is offline
    Senior Member

    Member #
    19956
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Mohave County, AZ
    Posts
    1,641
    Liked
    569 times
    Quote Originally Posted by MPiKM-72 View Post
    Me too. Got shipment notification on 09/12/14. I keep the kit under my desk. I may have been one of the first 10 people to order. Had to join that calguns forum to get the notification. No regerts. My genes are German/Prussian so I had to get it on.
    What notification? About the kits hitting the market? I guess I’m missing why you had to join calguns

    I’m not sure how I got the info, I imagine from here. I ordered at 1:07pm.

    i keep mine in a safe. Otherwise if was still a kit, in a box but I had it built

    And I got my cleaning rod thank you for that!


    Mine are a mix of Sicilian mainly and German French Irish and a nut hair of Indian is what I’ve been told. I honestly have no idea but wanted to get in on the East German 74 kits too. I have a thing for 74s for some reason.

    I think its it’s crazy what these kits are going for now. I paid $650-700 for my barrel, I don’t remember exactly. Super cool though. I like it as much as my Izzy 83
    Last edited by AZG; 03-06-2019 at 10:00 AM.

  10. #9
    Senior Member

    Member #
    6231
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Steel Wool City
    Posts
    7,012
    Liked
    5603 times
    Quote Originally Posted by AZG View Post
    What notification? About the kits hitting the market? I guess I’m missing why you had to join calguns

    I’m not sure how I got the info, I imagine from here. I ordered at 1:07pm.

    i keep mine in a safe. Otherwise if was still a kit, in a box but I had it built

    And I got my cleaning rod thank you for that!


    Mine are a mix of Sicilian mainly and German French Irish and a nut hair of Indian is what I’ve been told. I honestly have no idea but wanted to get in on the East German 74 kits too. I have a thing for 74s for some reason.

    I think its it’s crazy what these kits are going for now. I paid $650-700 for my barrel, I don’t remember exactly. Super cool though. I like it as much as my Izzy 83
    Back in 2014 when the first indication of these being available was made known Bachir chose to make the announcement on calguns. It was rather humerous when the EG kits were released and the "non-collector I just want a cheap kit crowd" - nothing wrong with that crowd mind you - that crowd was pining "OMG -pass - those are too expensive!"

    Anyway, the moment Bachir posted availability on calguns I ordered.
    AZG likes this.
    Constantly studying spots welds, mag well dimple shapes, center support rivet heads and selector markings for the last 11 years...

    BTW - Keep your BFH away from my AK!

    WTB Late East German 7.62 top cover and gas tube numbered 687.

  11. #10
    Senior Member

    Member #
    26909
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Posts
    680
    Liked
    297 times
    In 2014 I bought one for $799 and then went back and bought a hand select for $850. Heck, that is what the AKM kits go for now. I don't ever plan to part with them but if I had to, I guess I did alright.

    They said only about 200 came in. I think active AKForum members have posted pictures of more than 10% of all that came in.
    Itsnodawayitustabe likes this.

  12. #11
    Senior Member

    Member #
    3722
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Georgia, USA
    Posts
    5,549
    Liked
    751 times
    I bought my virgin East German AK74 before the kits were available. I don't remember what I paid, but I do remember it being pretty cheap. I bought a fixed stock version of this kit. Yes, it was expensive. Now that I have my 74ULLC receiver, I need to put it together. Actually, I need to have someone else build it. My virgin barrel drilling skills are not worth the risk.

    Did all the kits come with rails? I don't remember mine having one.
    Rights are inherent. They do not come from another's wallet.

  13. #12
    AZG
    AZG is offline
    Senior Member

    Member #
    19956
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Mohave County, AZ
    Posts
    1,641
    Liked
    569 times
    Quote Originally Posted by MPiKM-72 View Post
    Back in 2014 when the first indication of these being available was made known Bachir chose to make the announcement on calguns. It was rather humerous when the EG kits were released and the "non-collector I just want a cheap kit crowd" - nothing wrong with that crowd mind you - that crowd was pining "OMG -pass - those are too expensive!"

    Anyway, the moment Bachir posted availability on calguns I ordered.
    Im still kicking myself for missing the Tula Krink kits, plo kits, yugo paratrooper RPKís kits, I still want a Galil, aims-74, Iím sure theyíre others Iím forgetting but Iím thankful for what I have. Itís funny I donít really have any friends or know anybody thatís into Kalashnikovs as much as we as a group are.

  14. #13
    Junior Member

    Member #
    56298
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Location
    Richmond Hill, GA
    Posts
    26
    Liked
    14 times
    I lucked into one and an east german barrel that I need to have built. I wasn’t into AKs when these came in, but I’m very happy to have it.
    WTB
    Ď69 Romy RPK kit
    Original Romy RPK/AIMS-74 barrels
    LMT Type 1 and 2 receiver

  15. #14
    Senior Member

    Member #
    26909
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Posts
    680
    Liked
    297 times
    They all came with the scope rail.

    None of this group came with receiver rails. Although my '85 AKM kit from AoA, bought around the same time, did include the receiver rails and center support. The slotted rail was cut in half.

  16. #15
    Senior Member

    Member #
    26909
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Posts
    680
    Liked
    297 times
    I remember back then another member posted pictures of their 74 parts kit with "300" as the last three digits of the serial. I ran to check that one of my kits were still there because I also got a kit with the last 3 digits being "300".
    MPiKM-72 likes this.

 

 
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Sponsors

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Similar Threads

  1. "East German Wieger" barrel vs. "East German" barrel
    By ClayC in forum Build It Yourself
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 12-29-2010, 10:18 PM

Search tags for this page

There are currently no search engine referrals.
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.