Like Tree903Likes

Thread: Coronavirus Drama

Super Moderator
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    12967 times

Coronavirus Drama

With this thing currently causing some pretty serious effects and official responses from the Chinese government, how many of you are concerned about this one? Normally I tend to blow these headline grabbing viruses off, but considering the Chinese have quarantined around 30 Million plus in a few cities, I'm watching this closely. Its been 100 years since we had the Spanish Flu pandemic that killed millions worldwide, so I figure we're about due.
    Anyone else getting concerned this might be bigger than we're being told?
    scottyb, Bad Comapny and LEO0526 like this.
    I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence, or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me.
    Hunter S. Thompson

Member #
    Liked
    5978 times
    We are over due.

The way modern medicine has been used it could be very bad.
    Itsnodawayitustabe likes this.
    needs moar AK

or beer

Member #
    Liked
    830 times
    I read it can mutate inside of a week. What's the timeframe for developing vaccines? I think a little more than that. You never see a disaster coming. We have been complacent for a long time.

4. Remove Advertisements
    TheAKForum.net
    Advertisements

Member #
    Liked
    439 times
    You don't quarantine 50 million Chinese and start blocking off roads over a "common flu" with a 10% mortality rate. There was a biological warfare laboratory less than 10 miles away from where the first case was reported.

Member #
    Liked
    477 times
    Slightly off topic but these health crisis's in china sort of diminish their standing as a first rate nation as much as they want to be, in my eyes. Get over there Greta and start cleaning their sheisse up.

I've worked in Biotech for 6 years and yes these bugs/viruses replicate and mutate very quickly (24 hours) given the right circumstances, these things always scare me. Wash your hands and keep them out of your mouth and eyes.

Come on china get your crap straight. I really dislike the chinese govt. Go Hong Kong!

Member #
    Liked
    477 times
    "You don't quarantine 50 million Chinese and start blocking off roads over a "common flu" with a 10% mortality rate. There was a biological warfare laboratory less than 10 miles away from where the first case was reported."

Why doesn't that surprise me? On the other hand really, still playing in the bio-weapons realm, very scary. I would think that kind of research facilities would be out in Western china, amongst the
    Uighurs.
    Bad Comapny likes this.

Member #
    Liked
    75 times
    otus, JoeMomma, MPiKM-72 and 1 others like this.

Member #
    Liked
    280 times
    There's a pretty good thread over on GlockTalk...
    https://www.glocktalk.com/threads/th...at-up.1806838/
    Westexas seems to know what he's talking about.

Member #
    Liked
    439 times
    Best Korea has closed their borders (even more than usual)

I can imagine a desolate abandoned wasteland of a world being repopulated by North Korean settlers now. The prophecy of the Kim Family being "a chosen race of Gods among men" finally fulfilled as his people literally inherit the earth.

Member #
    Liked
    20550 times
    Quote Originally Posted by trevorakm View Post
    "You don't quarantine 50 million Chinese and start blocking off roads over a "common flu" with a 10% mortality rate. There was a biological warfare laboratory less than 10 miles away from where the first case was reported."

Why doesn't that surprise me? On the other hand really, still playing in the bio-weapons realm, very scary. I would think that kind of research facilities would be out in Western china, amongst the
    Uighurs.
    Not only are people still developing bio-weapons, but they're dialing them in on a genetic level. What better weapon could there be than one that wipes out only the enemy? CRISPR gene editing is in human trials in China, they've already altered 86 people and that info is 2 years old. I'm not saying the two are connected, but if I were in the biological weapons development department, I would be watching the flow of people carefully and seeing how different countries react to infected individuals.

I'm not all that concerned. SARS, bird flu, mad cow, Ebola... fucking media keeps crying wolf so when the real shit starts people won't believe it.
    "There really is something broken between your ears. You know this, yes?" - Redbear

Closed captioned for the drinking impaired. Wait...

Member #
    Liked
    341 times
    With every new strain we don't know how virulent it is. The regular Flu (The known strains) is still the biggest killer, Last season per the CDC there were 100,000 deaths in the US alone from the regular flu. When we had the Swine flu and Bird flu their mortality numbers was even less than the regular flu.
    JoeMomma likes this.

Member #
    Liked
    1250 times
    Seeing the irresponsibility of how genetics research is handled around the world, its only a matter of time before a Pandora’s box is opened up that can’t be contained. Plum Island research center comes to mind, with how all this major disease research is being conducted under hazardous conditions.

All that said I don’t trust the MSM, our politicians, or the Chinese government, this could all be an elaborate plot to bait civil unrest on a massive scale and get people on their knees begging for any solution ”like loss of more freedom”. Remember this isn’t our first rodeo with this type of scenario, Mad Cow Disease, H1n1, Sars, Ebola, Swine Flu, etc. Every so often a new strain of something breaks out hyping up the masses only to fizzle into nothing.

Im not saying it’s nothing, just saying don’t loose your heads over this just yet.

Member #
    Liked
    54447 times
    If it gets into the school systems, we're all in danger
    trevorakm likes this.
    pics / vid required for validation

Member #
    Liked
    75 times
    Quote Originally Posted by TRAAK's View Post
    explain for us hermit people that don't have kids
    scottyb, 43m1garand and MPiKM-72 like this.

Member #
    Liked
    642 times
    Quote Originally Posted by HavasuAK View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by TRAAK's View Post
    explain for us hermit people that don't have kids
    You like buying stuff people touched?

Page 1 of 80 1 2 3 11 51 ... LastLast

Sponsors