Liked
    3373 times
    10Gauge, BigSal and JoeMomma like this.

Member #
    Liked
    20519 times
    Teddy Confetti with lots of spaghetti
    MPiKM-72 and 43m1garand like this.
    "There really is something broken between your ears. You know this, yes?" - Redbear

Closed captioned for the drinking impaired. Wait...

Member #
    Liked
    70 times
    Well just as stores were getting back to normal in our town.... first reported case in the county last night so everyone's flipping out and and unemployment is going to go up even more

4. Remove Advertisements
    TheAKForum.net
    Advertisements

Member #
    Liked
    819 times
    Quote Originally Posted by 10Gauge View Post
    Hey. That guy took himself out of the gene pool. I'm all for that. More of that should happen. As long as nobody innocent gets hurt, the more idiots and assholes kill themselves, the better off society will be.

I am constantly in awe at the depths of the stupidity and animal-like behavior people indulge in on a fucking constant basis. Fear and mob mentality but let's face it, it's a stampede of cattle. The herd got spooked and started running pell-mell towards where they thought was 'safe'. Selling off now is stupid and people who are more stable are picking up some bargains as a result. I just wish I had more cash to put into investments. I did what I could while still keeping a solid cash reserve, but it's not even close to what I want or need. I'm not a stock market guy but even I know it's a long term play.

Unless the people who are jumping ship are retiring or have their money in dividend stocks and are using it to live off of, it makes no sense to bail... unless its sell low and buy lower. People who shoot themselves in the foot should aim higher.
    I have to say, I never thought I'd hear the term 'pell-mell' on a gun forum.

And if your dividend stocks are tanking, just think of it as the dividend-ratio soaring, lol. Heck, Ford's dividend ratio is over 11% today. A month ago it was like 4%.

Member #
    Liked
    612 times
    First child reported dead due to this virus in California. Not good. No matter how slight the odds, young people are not immune.
    scottyb and HavasuAK like this.
    --> VEPR DOT ORG <--

Member #
    Liked
    636 times
    20200325_181937_1585185787785.jpg

This place opened just before all the craziness then was shut down. I think they put the unopened bottle of hand sanitizer by the window for a reason.

Member #
    Liked
    258 times
    First confirmed case here in Lauderdale county MS today at the local hospital. They gave a press conference over the news about it. I suspect that mass hysteria is about to hit levels that shouldn't even be possible.

Member #
    Liked
    176 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Mekanak47 View Post
    If you think things are getting stupid now just give it a couple more weeks. Unemployment websites are jammed up, the fools we elected to office canít get the stimulus package ironed out, weíre being lied to about a lot of the facts and I can feel the hot, stinking breath of the cockroach, knuckle dragging scumbags waiting to burglarize my neighbors and I. I hate to say this and hoped I never would have to but load your mags, shutter your windows, katy bar your doors and practice your anatomical carving skills. Things are going to get real shitty real quick if we donít get extremely serious about trying to solve this fucking crisis. Do you guys remember those posters that said Uncle Sam wants you? Well, now the Wutang Flu and all the local shitbags want you, your money, your food, guns and ammo.
    I really hope Iím all wrong.
    The next week will be really telling here in CA. I'm not confidant that LA and San Francisco will be able to keep it together. Those people are gonna be hopping mad/crazy because they can't do anything. And I am somewhat fortunate in that I am a comfortable distance from where the madness will start(if it does) and am not in danger of losing my job if and when the economy tanks. Which it will because Newsom has effectively murdered every small business and fired millions of hourly workers. Lets hope this makes my fellow Californians realize how shit the leftist regime in CA is.

If that doesn't pan out, between the bonus my employer is giving to everybody who has worked at the company through this crisis and the stimulus check I'll be getting I might have enough $ to transfer to Nevada far sooner than expected.
    Mekanak47 likes this.

Member #
    Liked
    1919 times
    I'm prepared enough that my biggest concern is if our Peloton will be delivered this weekend.
    MPiKM-72 and wingnut308 like this.
    Want to buy:
    1966 East German AKM kit
    TYPE 1 kit
    North Korean kit
    Serbian M76 sniper vest (M-99 A3)

If I was not on some government watch list, I'd be insulted.

Member #
    Liked
    2293 times
    I have this feeling more than a couple of people are contemplating where to bury the bodies and how much cleaning of the crime scene can be done before their spouce is missed.
    10Gauge likes this.

Member #
    Liked
    65 times
    Haven’t ever really delved into the stock market before, mainly because I needed the spare money elsewhere, but been meaning to put a little bit of money into it, with stocks being so low and always hearing guys at work talk about them. How are gun and ammo producer stocks doing in comparison to the average? I tried looking them up myself but have a hard time navigating that shit, with all the different stock names and such. I did mention to one of the coworkers that I thought it might be a good idea to invest in gun stocks several years back, especially due to election panic every couple years probably raising the price of stocks and he actually bought some, but I don’t know how it’s worked out for him.
    Last edited by Haris122; 03-25-2020 at 08:40 PM.

Member #
    Liked
    386 times
    Interesting. I work for USPS at a distribution center and we are receiving packages from China. Business as usual. I've read where the inbound volume has dropped off. Why put the country on lockdown when the source of the pandemic is allowed to ship packages unabated. Explain that one?
    scottyb likes this.

Member #
    Liked
    953 times
    Quote Originally Posted by misc View Post
    Interesting. I work for USPS at a distribution center and we are receiving packages from China. Business as usual. I've read where the inbound volume has dropped off. Why put the country on lockdown when the source of the pandemic is allowed to ship packages unabated. Explain that one?
    Because the lockdown is to stop human to human transmission of a pathogen that has potential to cripple the healthcare system for everyone, not just those with COVID19.

Cardboard boxes that hung out on a boat for weeks aren't going to fucking get you sick.

Jesus Christ
    Arik and scottyb like this.
    "God's away on business."

Member #
    Liked
    386 times
    The packages do come in contact with other surfaces. Nylon sacks that have stains from packages that have unknown liquid contents from years gone by. Never have been disinfected but pressed into service again and again. Also a host of other surfaces that have not even be considered for disinfection. Not just cardboard.

Member #
    Liked
    5951 times
    There was an article about this, studies have been done but not enough peer review to be science fact.

Any who it said you are more at risk from the delivery person than the package.
    needs moar AK

or beer

Page 65 of 76 FirstFirst ... 15 55 63 64 65 66 67 75 ... LastLast

Sponsors