Page 2 of 125 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 52 102 ... LastLast
Like Tree1638Likes

Thread: Coronavirus Drama

Super Moderator
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    13762 times
    Even though I don't have an account, look around on twitter at the more than a few pictures of the Chinese barricading these towns and cities by building walls, and even dumping dirt on roads to try and keep people from leaving.
    Again, I'm usually the first person to blow off this kind of shit, but when I start seeing stuff like this, it makes me wonder how bad it really is. daefash is correct when he states that the good old regular flu kills more people worldwide every year, but considering this particular virus seems to piggyback off the regular flu, it not only has me concerned, it also has me wondering if this crap was not cooked up someplace and got loose.
    I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence, or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me.
    Hunter S. Thompson

Super Moderator
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    13762 times
    Supposedly smuggled footage out of China. I already saw the footage at the end with the doctor freaking out on the phone, and you don't have to speak Chinese to know he's frustrated and scared.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jv_ScEYMQ0s
    Bad Comapny likes this.
    I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence, or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me.
    Hunter S. Thompson

Member #
    Liked
    1555 times
    You realize this is how every Zombie movie for the last 10 years starts.

Unknown virus from somewhere in the world.

Next thing you know zombies are out eating brains.
    Bad Comapny likes this.
    ​Valor and Skill

4. Remove Advertisements
    TheAKForum.net
    Advertisements

Member #
    Liked
    1555 times
    Scientists stumble across killer immune cell that can destroy most types of cancer in major step for a 'one size fits all' treatment

• T-cell recognised and destroyed most types of cancers, ignoring healthy cells
    • It killed off 10 types of cancer including lung, skin, blood, colon, breast and bone
    • Opens door to a 'one size fits all' cancer treatment in the future, scientists claim

And I swear this is how "I am Legend" starts. A treatment for all cancer, then the Zombies show up.

Life imitating art?
    August and Bad Comapny like this.
    ​Valor and Skill

Member #
    Liked
    1147 times
    damn, im reconsidering going to the asian market for dinner tonight Maybe im being wayyyyy too paranoid...
    Bad Comapny likes this.
    WTB:

Russian Type 1 or 2 parts/kit

Member #
    Liked
    21665 times
    Quote Originally Posted by evolixsurf View Post
    damn, im reconsidering going to the asian market for dinner tonight Maybe im being wayyyyy too paranoid...
    zombie-cat.jpg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sJeuWZNWImE
    Moses1986 and MPiKM-72 like this.
    "There really is something broken between your ears. You know this, yes?" - Redbear

Closed captioned for the drinking impaired. Wait...

Banned

Member #
    Liked
    233 times
    My daughter's an EMT. I hope she don't come across this virus at work.

Member #
    Liked
    1147 times
    I went anyway. It was great. Then people walked in with dust masks on... although that is fairly common in these parts. Crossing fingers...
    10Gauge likes this.
    WTB:

Member #
    Liked
    21665 times
    Quote Originally Posted by evolixsurf View Post
    I went anyway. It was great. Then people walked in with dust masks on... although that is fairly common in these parts. Crossing fingers...
    Living in fear is no way to live. Know what else isn't living? Dying. But for right now you should be fine.

a couple weeks ago 3 people at work got taken out by flu (so much for mandatory flu shots) , stomach bug, and something else. They started countermeasures WAY too late (bleaching contact points like doorknobs, wearing masks etc) then tried to get me to wear a mask too.. I'm like 'nah I'm good" ..started to come down with something but felt it approaching so I knocked that shit out with Zicam and EmergenC one two punch with plenty of fruit juice, OTC meds and rest. never missed a day and heck didn't fall below 85% wellness feeling. You know the saying "man I don't feel 100%" it's like that only with a more solid number. Below 60% and I'm at home for real.
    "There really is something broken between your ears. You know this, yes?" - Redbear

Closed captioned for the drinking impaired. Wait...

Member #
    Liked
    73 times
    There’s no doubt it’s much worse than they’re letting on.

Member #
    Liked
    1147 times
    Saw that they are building a 1000 bed hospital in 6 days for containment... Cant wait to see this.
    Bad Comapny likes this.
    WTB:

Super Moderator
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    13762 times
    Quote Originally Posted by back in the USSR View Post
    There’s no doubt it’s much worse than they’re letting on.
    Are you implying that a communist dictatorship would withhold vital information about what seems to be a deadly virus that is spreading quickly enough to lock down several cities affecting over 40 million people? In other news, Whinny The Poo hired a new press secretary:
    Goodnews.jpg
    trevorakm, otus, Arik and 1 others like this.
    Hunter S. Thompson

Member #
    Liked
    597 times
    Good ol' Baghdad bob. "the Americans are not here in Baghdad, and if they come we will burn them in a thousand fires." Propaganda at it's best.
    Kalliste and Bad Comapny like this.

Super Moderator
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    13762 times
    I can still remember his press conference when he said the Americans were losing, and then a reporter looked out of the window and saw American tanks, and old Bob denied it. Never trust dictatorships with the free flow of information, because they will deny and lie as much as possibly in hopes they can cover things up before they are shamed on the world stage. Chernobyl anyone?
    1580027678774.jpg
    otus, 10Gauge, trevorakm and 3 others like this.
    Hunter S. Thompson

Member #
    Liked
    8772 times
    Not really concerned. Ebola, SARS, Swine flu, Bird flu.....etc... The sky is always falling.

I'm not sure I believe the biological facility scenario. It's possible, but with the Chinese dense population and their lack of hygiene standards with dead animals and bodily fluids Its just as possible a previously unknown virus jumped species.

While I'm not going to go around hugging and kissing everyone I'm also not going to change my daily routine. Maybe keep hand sanitizer I'm my car, wash my hands more often, go to typically crowded areas like shopping centers, on slower days. So instead of shopping today I'll do it tomorrow after work!
    10Gauge, trevorakm, PRDUBI and 1 others like this.

Page 2 of 125 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 52 102 ... LastLast

Sponsors