Like Tree223Likes

Thread: Coronavirus Drama

Super Moderator
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    12555 times
    Quote Originally Posted by AKBLUE View Post
    That appears to be contrary to the news release above indicating that steel production and other manufacturing is continuing.
    Specifically in the Wuhan area and the large steel smeltibg plant. Dunno?
    I stand corrected. We all should believe the official news coming out of China and the Chinese communist government. There is absolutely no way they would lie to the world about what is going on internally, and no way they would lie about how this "flu outbreak" is affecting their economy. I mean, its not like the Chinese government has forbade its own investors from short selling, right? Is there anyone out there who actually believes the "official" numbers they are putting out to the world? Did anyone actually watch the WHO dog and pony show yesterday? Did anyone else watch the idiot from the WHO dodge important questions that were asked?
    How many CDC or WHO personnel are boots on the ground assessing the situation? None? Oh that's cool, because we have the CCP giving us the facts and figures.

Yep...everything is just rosy in China, and even though they have over 160 million people in quarantine and almost an entire province under lockdown, the dutiful Chinese workers will still report to their respective factories to produce cheap shit so there are no shortages in exports.
    I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence, or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me.
    Hunter S. Thompson

Member #
    Liked
    911 times
    I have family in China. It's really interesting to read the speculation going on here.
    "God's away on business."

Member #
    Liked
    219 times
    Maybe someone should go on a RECON over there and report back first hand the REAL DEAL.

4. Remove Advertisements
    TheAKForum.net
    Advertisements

Super Moderator
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    12555 times
    Quote Originally Posted by elmoreoocyte View Post
    I have family in China. It's really interesting to read the speculation going on here.
    So then, do you believe the CCP is forthcoming in reporting the numbers of infected and dead? Do you believe that the factories in the quarantined town are up and running as normal? If you have firsthand knowledge, lets hear it.
    I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence, or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me.
    Hunter S. Thompson

Member #
    Liked
    911 times
    Quote Originally Posted by JoeMomma View Post
    So then, do you believe the CCP is forthcoming in reporting the numbers of infected and dead? Do you believe that the factories in the quarantined town are up and running as normal? If you have firsthand knowledge, lets hear it.
    I don't think the CCP was reporting accurate numbers. I think part of that was a legitimate limitation of the test kits and medical personnel, and the rest of it was the CCP being CCP.

Extended New Year ended at the start of this week, and people are back at work. My family isn't in Hubei, but they have SOME people working like normal in their province, but still with limited movement otherwise. Ordering food online for delivery is a huge thing there at normal times, and it is very difficult to get deliveries because people who are able to are not moving. There is a lot of societal fear from those who remember SARS.

Hubei is a different story entirely since people are even welded into their homes to enforce quarantine. There are extended family there who have been sick for a few weeks now, but were younger men and in good enough shape they just went into self-imposed quarantine away from the rest of their family by moving into a hotel room together. I doubt anyone is working at full force there, but I wouldn't be surprised if there's some sort of skeleton crew working at the steel mills, perhaps even quarantined inside so they can keep working but also not be moving about.

I don't think the smelters are being used as crematories though, both because of how modern steel smelters work with injections of coal ash, and because they're so busy with this crisis they've gotten really lax on enforcing social media censorship and someone would have some WeChat photos if it were the case.
    JoeMomma likes this.

Banned

Member #
    Liked
    135 times
    There's so many lies and fake news about this Virus. Our government show inform us so we can all be more careful.

Super Moderator
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    12555 times
    Things got a little more interesting as the central bank of China has decided to recall and destroy its own money. looks like rumors about this virus surviving on surfaces for several days has some merit.
    1581760902308.png
    scottyb likes this.
    Hunter S. Thompson

Member #
    Liked
    165 times
    That seems a little extreme when you could quarantine the money, unless the virus can survive a hell of a lot longer on it than they're claiming and its better just to burn it.

Most viruses can survive on most surfaces for a few days, thats not really anything special.

Member #
    Liked
    911 times
    Probably easier to burn it than track and quiet who steals it.

Or "burn it" for oneself.

Member #
    Liked
    346 times
    China was set on the path to Technocracy years ago. It's almost over except for some fine tuning.

Banned

Member #
    Liked
    135 times
    I don't understand the world, There is a problem in certain region of the world, mother nature brought a solution and ow people are going crazy.

Member #
    Liked
    911 times
    Quote Originally Posted by BigFootIn View Post
    I don't understand the world
    This is made obvious by the rest of the shit spewing forth. This is a global economy. With global travel, and global exchange. There is no longer such a thing as something that only impacts a single region.
    10Gauge likes this.

Member #
    Liked
    8569 times
    Quote Originally Posted by BigFootIn View Post
    I don't understand the world, There is a problem in certain region of the world, mother nature brought a solution and ow people are going crazy.
    That certain region also makes a lot of the meds sold here. Also just about everything else sold here. Everything is global. What happens there will eventually effect you here. Not t to mention that you can go around the world in 24hrs

Member #
    Liked
    433 times
    Quote Originally Posted by JoeMomma View Post
    Things got a little more interesting as the central bank of China has decided to recall and destroy its own money. looks like rumors about this virus surviving on surfaces for several days has some merit.
    1581760902308.png
    This is merely communism in it's "final form" as the great Karl Marx envisioned. A society completely devoid of currency. The late-night talk show hosts and media pundits will be praising this move in a few days. LOL
    Kalliste likes this.

Member #
    Liked
    346 times

Page 18 of 22 FirstFirst ... 8 16 17 18 19 20 ... LastLast

Sponsors