8565 times
    What or who is Tencent?

Member #
    Liked
    20063 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Arik View Post
    What or who is Tencent?
    Not quite as expensive as 50 cent and not nearly as powerful as me
    Arik, JoeMomma and 43m1garand like this.
    "There really is something broken between your ears. You know this, yes?" - Redbear

Closed captioned for the drinking impaired. Wait...

4. Remove Advertisements
    TheAKForum.net
    Advertisements

Member #
    Liked
    3262 times
    Tencent is a tech company, that does a lot with the Chinese gov.

Member #
    Liked
    164 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Averageman View Post
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NjzPtyAKG7w

It's off of the chain in China.
    24K + infected another 23K + suspected, 492 deaths, nearly 900 recovered.
    China is throwing the kitchen sink at this virus and so far all they've managed to do is have increased numbers and discover that they've found bird flu in some of the more remote regions.
    It was easy to poo-poo this thing as just another week ago wasn't it? We are bringing people out of China and putting them in quarantine in California at a more remote Air Force base, in the mean time we find new cases here every day.
    It definitely is looking more like a real problem. If the true mortality rate is 492/900 then it is a very nasty disease. That would be on par with untreated bubonic plague.

Member #
    Liked
    1114 times
    Ive been thinking about it a lot lately. I am currently working in the worst part of a major city. Feces, needles and homelessness literally cover the street, where I spent time today inhaling and walking over to place a shipping container. I am managing a construction punchlist inside of a hotel I built about a year ago, where there are many tourists and workers constantly in and out.

I often find myself on floors, on the pigeon shit covered roof, etc. There is no way I will be able to avoid it by "washing my hands".... I noticed I was laying on the floor, where I had walked, after being out on the street walking over the feces and urine... Cant stop working either! FML hahhaa.
    WTB:

Russian Type 1 or 2 parts/kit

Super Moderator
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    12526 times
    Quote Originally Posted by BobtheButcher View Post
    It definitely is looking more like a real problem. If the true mortality rate is 492/900 then it is a very nasty disease. That would be on par with untreated bubonic plague.
    The numbers put out by the CCP are complete and utter bullshit. If you poke around and start looking at what people who are over there are saying, you get a frightening picture of what's really going on. There are numerous reports of hundreds more dying but not being "officially" counted as dying from this virus because they were never tested for it. Also, they are cremating the dead non stop 24/7. It looks like China has lost control, and its only going to spread from here. My wife works for an international business, and one of the employees just got back from Thailand, and said the airport over there was a ghost town because people were afraid of getting infected.
    LEO0526 likes this.
    I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence, or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me.
    Hunter S. Thompson

Member #
    Liked
    2202 times
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W1OnoJIMi1k
    If you have time, watch the video from the 3:00 minute mark and then out to the ten minutes mark of the video, it might be important to understanding this a bit better.
    Over 28K+ cases confirmed, estimated another 24K+ suspected cases, 564 deaths and over 11,00 recovered.
    Be aware the first and second slide numbers have been combined this time. The first video script no longer estimates the number of suspected cases.
    Japan 45 cases, this jump is due to the cruise ship where the virus was detected and quarantined. Another cruise ship is quarantined in Hong Kong.

Earlier last week you would see a daily jump of 1K, that's gone up to a 4K daily jump. It's not apparently leveling out or slowing down, it's still picking up speed.

Member #
    Liked
    2202 times
    At what point during a rise in cases such as this one, does the medical infra structure become overwhelmed and collapse?
    I'm not sure, but we may be watching the first example outside of a third world country.
    At what point when you are out of test kits, do you go to lesser available test methods and begin treatment and isolation for "Possible" cases?
    Masks are beginning to become rare for the average person in Hong Kong to obtain, as in what is essentially a zero balance?
    When does the food supply chain break in such and environment?

At some point the International Community needs to offer help, but I'm not sure China would allow that.

Technical Advisor

Member #
    Liked
    3549 times
    Information is being provided by the US Homeland Security Administration as well as the Center for Disease Control (CDC).

There are direct interviews with these Epidemiologists and medical professionals.
    Also when citing statistics such as morthality rates compared to the SARS or MERS the ratio is deaths infections.
    Treated vs recovered is a different ratio and not the same as the general statistic cited for the fatality rate.
    SARS was a 10% ratio for example., so far this outbreak seems to be holding at 2% +/-.

The largest diffetence seems to be in the number of infected persons.

CNN and MSNBC and other news outlets., as well as the EU equivalant of our CDC are issuing details and information on the Asian and European status of the disease.

While listening to bloggers who are hopefully well intentioned., their information is anecdotal at best.

Yesterday the CDC detailed the testing assiatance being sent to China and other places.
    They described the testing machinery that is the size of a home computer and the test " cards "used" to detect a number of diseases. The profiles for this virus must be mapped and included in the test matrix so it can detect the presence of the virus.
    The test results are available in about an hour.
    How many of the machines and test kits the US can release without undermining US readiness was not disclosed the lack of available airlift is an issue as well.

The test kit is the size of a postcard and the machine requires no specialized operator training beyond basic insertion and removal etc., of the test card.

Of course the number of infections or test points may over run the test capacity and number of kits or machines.

While internet blogger info can be interesting and somewhat insightful.,if less technical., there is direct information from scientific and US entities who study, react, compile and create us policy and direction in epidemics etc.

Pesonal and family preparation and vigilance is obviously well advised.
    AZAK likes this.

Member #
    Liked
    2202 times
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K19YfNr7Vqc
    Beijing streets are empty.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wq33oZdQ-R4
    We are at Pandemic levels now,
    LEO0526 likes this.

Super Moderator
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    12526 times
    The MSM is reporting what they are hearing from the CDC and the Chinese government, and the Chinese government is giving those numbers to the CDC and WHO. Let that sink in...the MSN is reporting facts and figures by a communist government and actually believing them. Watch these, but be advised they are not for the faint hearted:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RdGjm_94ho4

This one has some shit that's hard to watch. There is at last one clip that looks to be teens goofing off, but the rest is serious and sobering. Thanks to YouTube, its now been placed in "limited state", so hopefully those with accounts can still these:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pqcx_014oE4&feature=youtu.be
    scottyb likes this.
    I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence, or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me.
    Hunter S. Thompson

Member #
    Liked
    429 times
    I'm just about ready to roll the dice and catch this shit and get it over with. I just got back from the grocery store and I'm licking all my fingers and picking my nose.

Technical Advisor

Member #
    Liked
    3549 times
    No doubt the Chinese medical capacity is over burdened in many places.

The primary concern/ objective is isolation of the infected to attempt to contain the spread.

Treatment is secondary and likely not available in many locations.

Hope is that the contagion growth is contained in this country.

Otherwise things could get rough.

Lack of meds and facilities is not surprising.

Super Moderator
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    12526 times
    Stumbled across this channel on YouTube that has some decent information about what people are seeing. You don't need to speak Chinese to understand this guy is under a lot of stress:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rL9w7TRImK8
    Hunter S. Thompson

Page 15 of 20 FirstFirst ... 5 13 14 15 16 17 ... LastLast

Sponsors