Coronavirus Drama - Page 118
Page 118 of 121 FirstFirst ... 18 68 108 116 117 118 119 120 ... LastLast
Results 1,756 to 1,770 of 1815
Like Tree1565Likes

Thread: Coronavirus Drama

Member #
    Liked
    1230 times
    The world is coming to the end. I am sure of it now. This cat and dog have been going at each other for seven years. She whipped his ASS so bad the first night we brought him home when he was a puppy he pissed on the floor. She got beside him last night to sleep and he let her. Yeap...........the world is coming to its end. 99440894_299321451090544_5248984368298328064_n.jpg
    10Gauge, MPiKM-72, otus and 4 others like this.

Member #
    Liked
    453 times
    Quote Originally Posted by will36 View Post
    The world is coming to the end. I am sure of it now. This cat and dog have been going at each other for seven years. She whipped his ASS so bad the first night we brought him home when he was a puppy he pissed on the floor. She got beside him last night to sleep and he let her. Yeap...........the world is coming to its end. 99440894_299321451090544_5248984368298328064_n.jpg
    Ghostbusters said it best:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O3ZOKDmorj0

-otus
    Last edited by otus; 05-20-2020 at 08:24 AM.
    mrblaster likes this.
    “Cultivators of the earth are the most valuable citizens... they are tied to their country and wedded to its liberty and interests by the most lasting bonds." -Thomas Jefferson

Interested in / potentially buying:
    -1971 Romanian AK-pattern rifles
    -CZ 2075D RAMI & CZ 97BD pistols

Super Moderator
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    13396 times
    Quote Originally Posted by 10Gauge View Post
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3nlvk7qFHTw

Attachment 288105

My brain has registered - Ascended Anger.

I'll say it again... I want to stay alive as long as possible to see how retarded things get.
    Well now, lets take a look:

1 - Some people in congress wanting to extend the free money until 2020.

2- Some people in congress asking people to refuse returning to work even if that business is open and calls back its employees.

3- Governors of some States issuing decrees that defy the Constitution, and in one extreme case, forbidding people to protest.

4- At least one State will be giving stimulus money to illegal aliens when they are already in the hole. To top that off, the governor is now asking for 1 Trillion in bailout money or he's threatening to lay off first responders.

You have lived long enough to see the above, and the retardation only gets worse from here. Buy some popcorn...
    10Gauge, trevorakm, Bret and 5 others like this.
    I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence, or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me.
    Hunter S. Thompson

4. Remove Advertisements
    TheAKForum.net
    Advertisements

Member #
    Liked
    373 times
    Quote Originally Posted by JoeMomma View Post
    Well now, lets take a look:

1 - Some people in congress wanting to extend the free money until 2020.

2- Some people in congress asking people to refuse returning to work even if that business is open and calls back its employees.

3- Governors of some States issuing decrees that defy the Constitution, and in one extreme case, forbidding people to protest.

4- At least one State will be giving stimulus money to illegal aliens when they are already in the hole. To top that off, the governor is now asking for 1 Trillion in bailout money or he's threatening to lay off first responders.

You have lived long enough to see the above, and the retardation only gets worse from here. Buy some popcorn...
    111.png
    https://patentscope.wipo.int/search/...d=WO2020060606

https://academy.coinzilla.com/micros...-brain-mining/

Bill-Gates-Reddit.png

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xUCh...ature=emb_logo
    Last edited by Batob; 05-21-2020 at 07:24 PM.
    We should never forget that everything Adolph Hitler did in Germany was "legal” ― Martin Luther King, Jr.

Member #
    Liked
    2431 times
    Just heard that 30% of those who get Corona Virus, show no symptoms. Completely asymptomatic so they're not getting tested, but they're walking around spreading it. I honestly believe that I've had it and brushed it off back in January, and "Yes" I was quarantined.
    While we are dealing with all of this, some back door legislation on immigration is coming through from Corey Booker and the Democrats. So we get more untested people with their hands out for some of that Free Money we are handing out.
    We're so far on the dark on this and nobody from either Party is willing to address the legislative and scientific mess this drama has brought to us.The Legislative Branch of our government is totally off of the rails.

Member #
    Liked
    730 times
    There are entire sectors of the economy that could not reopen to full capacity even if they wanted to. My wife works in hotel management, and if we were in Phase Three (reopening) here in Washington, they would not bring even a quarter of the employees back to work. We do, in fact, need unemployment extended for those people who can't go back to work, but are willing to do so when their employers are back at even half capacity.
    --> VEPR DOT ORG <--

Member #
    Liked
    1137 times
    Agree, but the problem is that over 80% of the people from the hospitality industry are making more on unemployment than they were working. Nobody should ever make more on unemployment than when they were working. In fact, they should be limited to 80% of their previous take home pay as an incentive to return to work or find new employment. This is how it was done pre-COVID19. Don’t forget that all of the money spent on unemployment is either taken from the earnings of others now or borrowed. The borrowed money will be taken from the earnings of others in the future.
    10Gauge likes this.
    Rights are inherent. They do not come from another's wallet.

Member #
    Liked
    730 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Bret View Post
    Agree, but the problem is that over 80% of the people from the hospitality industry are making more on unemployment than they were working. Nobody should ever make more on unemployment than when they were working. In fact, they should be limited to 80% of their previous take home pay as an incentive to return to work or find new employment. This is how it was done pre-COVID19. Don’t forget that all of the money spent on unemployment is either taken from the earnings of others now or borrowed. The borrowed money will be taken from the earnings of others in the future.
    I don't have an easy solution. My wife is definitely NOT making what she did... but her entire cleaning staff is doing better than they ever did. Its a toss up. I am always for extending unemployment if people legitimately can't find work. We can have a discussion on how much (if any) extra money people should get a week given this unique situation. What I don't want to see is people going without food or mortgage payments... that will lead to the end of society as we know it.
    --> VEPR DOT ORG <--

Member #
    Liked
    21158 times
    I just hope this wakes more people up and they get their financial house in order, but it won't. The message is going to be "Don't worry! Someone else will take care of it. The government will bail you out."

My old job took away our bonuses during the 08' recession and they never came back as the economy improved. I hope other places don't use this as an excuse to slash employees salaries permanently. There's always going to be good and bad practices. Blah

This should have been within people's preps. An economic crisis was always more likely than some of the other scenarios out there, and it's the one that creates shock-waves that will cause other, smaller but no less significant SHTF events. Every chance you get to sock away dry or canned goods, do it. We're not done with this dumb shit yet by any means.
    Last edited by 10Gauge; 05-23-2020 at 05:28 AM.
    "There really is something broken between your ears. You know this, yes?" - Redbear

Closed captioned for the drinking impaired. Wait...

Super Moderator
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    13396 times
    Quote Originally Posted by BigSal View Post
    I don't have an easy solution. My wife is definitely NOT making what she did... but her entire cleaning staff is doing better than they ever did. Its a toss up. I am always for extending unemployment if people legitimately can't find work. We can have a discussion on how much (if any) extra money people should get a week given this unique situation. What I don't want to see is people going without food or mortgage payments... that will lead to the end of society as we know it.
    Read up on what's going in NYC right now with rents not being paid, and you get a picture of what can happen when people stop paying, and in some cases, flee the city. NYC is in for a very rough ride in the coming months, and I hope those that are refusing to pay rent understand the cascading effect its going to have on the services all cities need to have in order to function.
    Extending the unemployment benefits is all fine and dandy, but adding $600 on top of those payments per week is not sustainable, and will lead to inflation that can already be seen. We keep adding food to the pantry, and we have already noticed price increases with certain items in our area. I would encourage people to buy several of the same things every week from the same store, then compare the prices yourself.
    scottyb and PhilRazz like this.
    I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence, or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me.
    Hunter S. Thompson

Member #
    Liked
    6325 times
    Still adding to the LTS foods
    needs moar AK

or beer

Member #
    Liked
    2431 times
    1,700 residents of assisted living centers in New York died during the height of the COVID-19.
    Why did Governor of Cuomo insist that COVID-19 patients be moved in to these Assisted Living Centers? How did he not know the risk after everything that happened in Assisted Living Centers in Washington State?
    Why is no one in the media telling this story and why won't he be held accountable for this?

Super Moderator
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    13396 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Averageman View Post
    1,700 residents of assisted living centers in New York died during the height of the COVID-19.
    Why did Governor of Cuomo insist that COVID-19 patients be moved in to these Assisted Living Centers? How did he not know the risk after everything that happened in Assisted Living Centers in Washington State?
    Why is no one in the media telling this story and why won't he be held accountable for this?
    Because he's inept, but hey, we have CNN doing prop comedy with Fredo and his giant cotton swab poking fun at his brothers nose.
    trevorakm likes this.
    Hunter S. Thompson

Member #
    Liked
    547 times
    cnn doing prop comedy?, wrong channel my friend it's all news all day at cnn.

Member #
    Liked
    730 times
    Quote Originally Posted by JoeMomma View Post
    Read up on what's going in NYC right now with rents not being paid, and you get a picture of what can happen when people stop paying, and in some cases, flee the city. NYC is in for a very rough ride in the coming months, and I hope those that are refusing to pay rent understand the cascading effect its going to have on the services all cities need to have in order to function.
    Extending the unemployment benefits is all fine and dandy, but adding $600 on top of those payments per week is not sustainable, and will lead to inflation that can already be seen. We keep adding food to the pantry, and we have already noticed price increases with certain items in our area. I would encourage people to buy several of the same things every week from the same store, then compare the prices yourself.
    The stimulus checks cost about 290 billion. The $600 a week addition to help the unemployed costs $260 billion through July. Those are not the costs that are causing pressure on inflation. Instead, look at the trillions in benefits and free money we have given to banks and corporations. It dwarfs the money paid to individuals man.
    Here is a decent article on the break down of the Cares Act spending. Scroll to the bottom for the summery.
    https://www.jpmorgan.com/country/US/...arch/cares-act
    --> VEPR DOT ORG <--

Page 118 of 121 FirstFirst ... 18 68 108 116 117 118 119 120 ... LastLast

Sponsors