waterway changes and structural issues in various SHTF situations

Member #
    Liked
    70 times

waterway changes and structural issues in various SHTF situations

I was giving some thought to this recently. As I live in a large urban city, but the largest in the US not on a major body of water, it occured to me That in any SHTF situation, especially one that is drawn out over an extended period of time, the waterways will change, given that most of the time, in these types of situation, the water department and other agencies that deal with lakes, rivers, dams etc. Also, if stuff burns during the initial event, a lot of water will be released....a lot of flooding is inevitable. has anyone done a ny research as far as what is likely to flood/break etc in the event of SHTF and thought about how that info could be used

Member #
    Liked
    113 times
    I have not. I don't live anywhere where flooding would be a concern. Though for people who do live in the midwest/central US areas that would be a good thing to be aware of. Though the biggest concern regarding water is going to be having a drinkable source. In large cities you're going to find any waterways will quickly get contaminated or flat out dry up from all the desperately thirsty people/their waste, and even non-urban areas might find the water to become contaminated quickly.

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New

Sponsors