teaming up??
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree16Likes

Thread: teaming up??

Member #
    Liked
    1045 times

teaming up??

I have 4 neighbors. About 5 squared miles of nothing but forest around us. With 17 miles by ?? of nothing but forest. One of my neighbors is the second in command @ the sheriffs dept. One is a prison guard and on there srt team. One is retired from the Pine bluff arsenal where he was there team leader and sharpshooter on there Srt team. Several ponds , and a river that borders a huge forest.

Some where around 30 acres cleared for gardens. Unlimited wild life and fish. Our shtf plan is a group effort. My property circled in red. I see as the hardest to defend being closest to the road. Any one else have a group plan?

008.JPG

Member #
    Liked
    1045 times
    And when I say plenty of wild life ...........I'm not bull shitin' . This is Ginger she lives behind the house. We can almost hand feed her. We had a buck deer for a while like her. We named him Buckly. 62426223_933065960373462_2087898656169525248_n.jpg

He discovered Nookie and ran off.

Member #
    Liked
    17867 times
    Eventually I might grab some real estate down there just to hold for timber rights or other passive income. Then I'll have an excuse to come down there for a business trip to inspect the property.
    "There really is something broken between your ears. You know this, yes?" - Redbear

Closed captioned for the drinking impaired. Wait...

4. Remove Advertisements
    TheAKForum.net
    Advertisements

Member #
    Liked
    1045 times
    Let me know. I picked up 23 acres 2 years ago. Sold the timber for more than I gave for the property. Going to let It just grow back natural. Its a deer's dream location now. Thick and full of small trees and brush.

Super Moderator
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    11552 times
    My plan is to aid my neighbors, especially the Amish in the area if things went full retard.
    Thrasher and 22many like this.
    I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence, or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me.
    Hunter S. Thompson

Member #
    Liked
    396 times
    I don't have a plan but coincidentally everyone else's plan I know is to come to my house, something about guns they say.
    Walleye, VietIraqVet and 22many like this.

Member #
    A dark, ruined castle in Transylvania. Otherwise known as Mississippi
    Liked
    1002 times
    My neighbors would probably kill me if the end of the world comes.
    Interested in Middle Eastern, South Asian and Yugoslavian AKs and gear. ď Only a woman can break his spell...Ē

Member #
    Liked
    17867 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Mullo98 View Post
    My neighbors would probably kill me if the end of the world comes.
    Zombies, man.

The apocalypse already happened, its just not legal to kill 'em yet.
    Walleye and Moses1986 like this.
    "There really is something broken between your ears. You know this, yes?" - Redbear

Member #
    Liked
    52 times
    Well, since zombies were mentioned, I donít have to worry about any zombies wanting to eat me.
    My wife says Iím spoiled.
    10Gauge and trevorakm like this.

Member #
    Liked
    17867 times
    Quote Originally Posted by August View Post
    Well, since zombies were mentioned, I don’t have to worry about any zombies wanting to eat me.
    My wife says I’m spoiled.
    I dunno. you seem pretty chill

Member #
    Liked
    7966 times
    No plans. Stay put, hopefully survive! I don't really know my neighbors that well. I know we have a few cops in the development but that doesn't mean anything. There isn't much places to go to anyway. All my immediate family is close by, within 15 miles. Most of my friends are within 20 miles. We have some woods and parks and definitely plenty of deer but the amount of people living in the area ..... wildlife won't last long and rabbits are a bad choice for consistant source of energy which leaves deer, occasional cow cause there are farms around, squirrels, birds and whatever else falls under the furry woodland creature. I do have 3 freezers stocked and that should last a while assuming power doesn't go out!
    10Gauge likes this.

Member #
    Liked
    61 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Arik View Post
    We have some woods and parks and definitely plenty of deer but the amount of people living in the area ..... wildlife won't last long and rabbits are a bad choice for consistant source of energy which leaves deer, occasional cow cause there are farms around, squirrels, birds and whatever else falls under the furry woodland creature. I do have 3 freezers stocked and that should last a while assuming power doesn't go out!
    In the event of a SHTF situation that would make literally everybody try to hunt to survive, I would not expect the wildlife to take a huge hit actually. Most people have zero survival skills and would probably starve before they managed to learn enough to actually catch stuff that wasn't a domesticated animal. And the cats and dogs are gonna catch on real quick that people are trying to eat them. Deer that live around suburban homes might be accustomed to people now, but if it suddenly becomes total open season they're going to disappear.

I would actually expect cannibalism before enough people were hunting successfully enough to actually harm the wildlife population. By the time most people developed reasonable hunting skills, there will be so few left that they couldn't have much of an impact on the wildlife.

Member #
    Liked
    1408 times
    I am surrounded by gun hater mcMansions...

It's tough..... but I have 8 acres and two German Shepherds and my brother and we are like the Eckert brothers in RED DAWN.

Member #
    Liked
    1045 times
    Quote Originally Posted by trevorakm View Post
    I don't have a plan but coincidentally everyone else's plan I know is to come to my house, something about guns they say.

And your reply should be the same as mine..............Why??? ( with a puzzled look on your face) So you can get shot like everyone else turning onto my road.
    trevorakm likes this.

Member #
    Liked
    7966 times
    Quote Originally Posted by will36 View Post
    And your reply should be the same as mine..............Why??? ( with a puzzled look on your face) So you can get shot like everyone else turning onto my road.
    Actually I always tell friends to stop by. They all own guns but none I would call shooters but more is better. More to feed but also more eyes and ears

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Sponsors