Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Like Tree16Likes

Thread: teaming up??

Super Moderator
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    8387 times
    I strategically bought my property years ago with a collapse in mind. This is my front yard and its like this quite regularly.

Gypsy likes this.

Member #
    Liked
    1075 times
    [QUOTE=22many;2892253]I strategically bought my property years ago with a collapse in mind. This is my front yard and its like this quite regularly. Hey! take a few jars of peanut butter remove the lids and with a flat washer for support screw them 24" or so on to a tree.
    22many likes this.

Supporting Member
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    1927 times
    I'm downtown in a smaller but growing city. My plan is to get out to semi-rural in a couple years, and possibly OCONUS when I retire in 10 years or so. Right now I live in a 12 unit cut-de-sac with a bunch of libtards(albeit friendly ones) and a couple right wingers that wouldn't know an AR from and AK but they do seem resourceful. If something bad happened like a Katrina, LA Riot, or NE Blackout and we had to come up with a joint security plan or the like, they'd all be largely leaning on me. Given our physical, topological, and geographic situation, I think we could easily last several weeks or even a few months. IMO- the main obstacle in the city is that the government would quickly start sticking their nose into everything and would be regulating people and activity like cattle. They do it every time. They think they know whats best and they start bullying citizens. Most just acquiesce, do what they're told. It happened in all three of the incidents I just listed. It's been done at gunpoint too.

4. Remove Advertisements
    TheAKForum.net
    Advertisements

Member #
    Liked
    74 times
    When people say they’ll come to my place if something bad happens I say great! I’ll need someone to cut my firewood and grow my food.

Member #
    Liked
    73 times
    I live right in the middle of all that.
    You should be perfectly safe even with that road nearby.

Screen Shot 2019-07-03 at 9.04.44 PM.png

Supporting Member
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    1927 times
    Oooooh right by a Golden Corral!

Member #
    Liked
    17968 times
    Quote Originally Posted by YankeeZulu View Post
    Oooooh right by a Golden Corral!
    bait station for aged meat
    "There really is something broken between your ears. You know this, yes?" - Redbear

Closed captioned for the drinking impaired. Wait...

Member #
    Liked
    74 times
    Any time someone says they’re coming to my place if SHTF, I tell them “great! I’ll need serfs to cut firewood and grow my food.” That usually shuts them up.

Member #
    Liked
    153 times
    Have you guys ever really sat down and thought about this? All the things that must be done will be quite a task unless you’re just gonna curl up in the fetal position and die. Some of these mission tasks may be violent and you probably don’t want your family involved in it. The way I see it is you’ll need several groups of people for different missions that may require them to be armed. Medicine probably comes first which means a crew will have to hit the closest pharmacy for antibiotics, insulin, blood pressure meds, anti-inflammatory, pain meds, etc. Next will be ammunition, are you going to head for the nearest sporting goods store or hit someone’s house that you know has ammo? Where will you hold up at? Probably and old brick farmhouse with those 1 foot thick walls that has water nearby. I could go on and on but I guess the bottom line is are YOU ready for a Red Dawn situation and do you and your crew have what it takes to survive?
    Big thanks to Moses1986, 10Gauge, Pookie, NFA ARMS, Duck Durbin and everyone that served this country.

Member #
    Liked
    3693 times
    We have a place like that in NE Louisiana. Its 80 acres. The first picture is the only way in by vehicle. The second was taken from the front porch.

Mekanak47 likes this.
    If you find yourself in a fair fight, your tactics suck!

WTB-AIMS 74 cleaning kit

Member #
    Liked
    67 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Mekanak47 View Post
    Have you guys ever really sat down and thought about this? All the things that must be done will be quite a task unless youíre just gonna curl up in the fetal position and die. Some of these mission tasks may be violent and you probably donít want your family involved in it. The way I see it is youíll need several groups of people for different missions that may require them to be armed. Medicine probably comes first which means a crew will have to hit the closest pharmacy for antibiotics, insulin, blood pressure meds, anti-inflammatory, pain meds, etc. Next will be ammunition, are you going to head for the nearest sporting goods store or hit someoneís house that you know has ammo? Where will you hold up at? Probably and old brick farmhouse with those 1 foot thick walls that has water nearby. I could go on and on but I guess the bottom line is are YOU ready for a Red Dawn situation and do you and your crew have what it takes to survive?
    Well, I think the biggest thing to consider is the risk/reward of any action you take. Sure, getting all those medicines from a pharmacy would be valuable, but is it worth the potential dangers that come with it. It doesn't take a genius to know that medicine is important, which means everybody will be trying to raid pharmacies. Same with sporting goods stores and such. Are you equipped to fight through an angry mob for a few bags of over the counter medicine?

I think it also depends on what the situation is. Is it a situation that will be rectified within a foreseeable future? Or is it the end of modern society? Medicines are probably more important in the former situation than the latter. In the latter situation, you're going to run out of those medicines rather quickly so you'd best learn how to do without them as fast as possible. The former situation just needs you to survive till the situation is over, which looting a local drugstore would probably be sufficient to achieve.

If you've got a group and the area is dangerous, its probably better to keep the entire group together when going on scavenging missions. If you split into small groups, its more likely that you could get picked off piecemeal by any enemies. Unless your group is large enough that it would be unwieldy to have a single large group roaming around. Plus a larger group can carry more back if you do find a good sized haul.
    Mekanak47 likes this.

Member #
    Liked
    153 times
    Quote Originally Posted by BobtheButcher View Post
    Well, I think the biggest thing to consider is the risk/reward of any action you take. Sure, getting all those medicines from a pharmacy would be valuable, but is it worth the potential dangers that come with it. It doesn't take a genius to know that medicine is important, which means everybody will be trying to raid pharmacies. Same with sporting goods stores and such. Are you equipped to fight through an angry mob for a few bags of over the counter medicine?

I think it also depends on what the situation is. Is it a situation that will be rectified within a foreseeable future? Or is it the end of modern society? Medicines are probably more important in the former situation than the latter. In the latter situation, you're going to run out of those medicines rather quickly so you'd best learn how to do without them as fast as possible. The former situation just needs you to survive till the situation is over, which looting a local drugstore would probably be sufficient to achieve.

If you've got a group and the area is dangerous, its probably better to keep the entire group together when going on scavenging missions. If you split into small groups, its more likely that you could get picked off piecemeal by any enemies. Unless your group is large enough that it would be unwieldy to have a single large group roaming around. Plus a larger group can carry more back if you do find a good sized haul.
    Any part of it is a potential fire fight and all your crew would need to be able to convince themselves that they might have to take a life, it’s not a video game. Critical part is that these places need to be hit ASAP and you can’t do that without giving certain capable people assignments and guys that are willing to fight with them. You can only work with what’s available and a horrific situation like this will separate the boys from the men and the keyboard jockeys from the fighters.
    Last edited by Mekanak47; 07-16-2019 at 05:25 PM.
    Big thanks to Moses1986, 10Gauge, Pookie, NFA ARMS, Duck Durbin and everyone that served this country.

Member #
    Liked
    7993 times
    Quote Originally Posted by BobtheButcher View Post

Depends. Do you NEED the meds? Even if you don't, pain killers and anticeptics should be on top of the list.
    Mekanak47 likes this.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Sponsors