Climate and it's change!
Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 122
Like Tree156Likes

Thread: Climate and it's change!

  1. #1
    Senior Member

    Member #
    30459
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Location
    Bulgaria
    Posts
    203
    Liked
    54 times

    Climate and it's change!

    So who buys the climate change scenario? And this Guy Mcpherson and a others, who claim that within 2 to 5 years we will be living in the world of MAD MAX, or the Road, or the book ELI, for a while until the eventual total collapse of society in the main, to start with due to food production collapse. Which will bring these Jollywood film type cenario's out to play?

  2. #2
    Senior Member

    Member #
    3901
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    ohio
    Posts
    20,455
    Liked
    19190 times
    Climate Change, Climate Dollars

    We were at 'irreparable damage' years ago, supposedly. Always follow the money. Who's gaining from all this hooplah? This or that got banned and oh lookie there you can still buy this and btw don't worry about who owns it look at that distracting thing over there! The most absurd part of this is the idea of carbon credits.. pay upfront for offsetting the damage.. like money can repair the 'mortal wound we caused Mother Earth'.

    But feel free to throw millions of dollars a year my way. Tax free, if you please. I'm sure I can get to the bottom of this pending disaster even if it takes me decades. I can still sell books in my retirement about how we're all screwed in 60 years since by the time that rolls around and people realize I was full of shit.. I'll be dead or at least not care that I was wrong. No refunds, suckers! Or nobody will be around to read it because apocalypse.
    Averageman, Walleye and MacSr63 like this.
    "There really is something broken between your ears. You know this, yes?" - Redbear

    Closed captioned for the drinking impaired. Wait...

  3. #3
    Senior Member

    Member #
    17427
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Near Philadelphia Pa
    Posts
    11,294
    Liked
    8291 times
    I believe in it but not in the way they're making out to be in the news. Simply put i believe that all the crap we dump into the planet as a species has an effect. To what extent I don't know. I certainly don't believe we'll be living in a Mad Max wasteland in the next two years....or even 20 years

  4. Remove Advertisements
    TheAKForum.net
    Advertisements
     

  5. #4
    Supporting Member
    Supporting Member

    Member #
    45393
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Posts
    1,700
    Liked
    2090 times
    According to Al Gore(that guy who invented the internet) we should've been underwater for 3 years now so...
    10Gauge, scottyb and Averageman like this.



  6. #5
    Senior Member

    Member #
    3510
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Canton, OH
    Posts
    1,276
    Liked
    657 times
    Yeah, itís bullshit. A way to justify another committee to spend tax dollars. And itís marketed, which is why they changed it from global warming to climate change (name it something that if you disagree with it, you are an enemy). Carbon density in the atmosphere is pretty low on the effective impact on global temps and directly used by photo synthesizers. Number one is solar output which is variable (hence fluctuations over time) and number two is water vapor in the atmosphere.

  7. #6
    Senior Member

    Member #
    40505
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Location
    LV, NV
    Posts
    1,315
    Liked
    2244 times
    All I have to say is look at the solar cycles and the wanderings of the north pole.

    Some things we can not change.
    Get up on your feet, Don't look so obsolete, And thrash like an athlete!

  8. #7
    Senior Member

    Member #
    7238
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Indiana
    Posts
    3,613
    Liked
    1078 times
    Climate does change. 10,000 years ago Indiana was under 5000 feet of ice! Last time I checked it was sunny and warm. I remember Lake Erie being so badly polluted that no life could ever exist there again. Today it is among the best fishing spots in North America.

    The idea of people telling the government what to do was a first with this country. Today there are a lot of people who don't want to believe it. Would prefer they left, but they won't and we have to put up with made up man made global warming, or cooling, or just call it climate change.

  9. #8
    Senior Member

    Member #
    62737
    Join Date
    Apr 2019
    Posts
    628
    Liked
    338 times
    Humans are a disease to Earth. Do I believe in climate change? Yes, but not like the sky is falling liberals. I believe some things have changed because data shows it has changed, and sometimes, it's just obvious from what I've grown to know. Things change in natural cycles, these changes can also be accelerated too. Sure, we have done damage to the planet, but on the scale that the Earth will cease to exist how we know it in a few years? Lmao... Hell no!

    Political agendas don't dictate my thoughts and actions. Even if everything they say is the absolute truth, the measures needed to contain it aren't sustainable anyway. We would be fucked no matter which way you paint it.

    P.S. Fuck the Democrats and their manipulative bullshit.
    Last edited by Pookie; 04-21-2019 at 11:23 PM.
    klagz13 likes this.

  10. #9
    Senior Member

    Member #
    61979
    Join Date
    Jan 2019
    Location
    A dark, ruined castle in Transylvania. Otherwise known as Mississippi
    Posts
    406
    Liked
    1029 times
    I don’t know about CC, but too me. Deforestation and garbage in the ocean is something I do believe in. And that needs fixing.
    wingnut308, Walleye and klagz13 like this.
    Interested in Middle Eastern, South Asian and Yugoslavian AKs and gear. ď Only a woman can break his spell...Ē

  11. #10
    Senior Member

    Member #
    17427
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Near Philadelphia Pa
    Posts
    11,294
    Liked
    8291 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Mullo98 View Post
    I donít know about CC, but too me. Deforestation and garbage in the ocean is something I do believe in. And that needs fixing.
    Agreed. Along with the F'd up rivers and lakes around the world.

    And more importantly the knee jerk reactionary policies from the left. Like the plastic store bag bag ban in several states. Unintended consequences......more plastic trash bags are being sold which contain more plastic than plastic grocery bags.

  12. #11
    Technical Advisor

    Member #
    2371
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Columbus, Ohio
    Posts
    14,800
    Liked
    3440 times
    There is a lot of evidence to indicate that climate change is occuring.
    Ocean levels and temperatures, polar ice reduction, CO2 levels, irregular weather patterns, increased storm activities, magnetic pole shift and many others.

    The questions are whether they are partially or wholly caused by human actions or are cyclical changes in the earths atmosphrte etc.

    Deforestation, fossil fuel use and other human actions are very extensive.
    I suppose time will tell.
    For the sake of future generations the issue needs to be investigated and discussed with due diligence.

    The earth was once flat., until it wadn't.
    klagz13, BR7.62 and Xygorak like this.

  13. #12
    Senior Member

    Member #
    33066
    Join Date
    Jun 2016
    Location
    WV
    Posts
    4,178
    Liked
    5260 times
    Fear is a powerful control.

    We certainly need to do better in cleaning and taking care of our home.
    needs moar AK

    or beer


  14. #13
    Senior Member

    Member #
    4781
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Ohio
    Posts
    4,824
    Liked
    3053 times
    Certainly, and while I also dont think the sky will fall either in the next ten years, this isn't something that can just be reversed. Even if we do our best to be cleaner, there are a dozen other large countries that will continue to get worse. For those that think scientist all over the world have some huge financial agenda, its pretty laughable when you consider the other side. Its not like they all own solar panel factories or have huge amounts of stock in windmill manufacturers, meanwhile why would the oil and gas industry possibly mislead us? Absolutely no precedent for industry lying just so they could keep lining their pockets, unless you count tobacco, leaded gasoline, subprime lending, oxytocin, enron, wells fargo etc etc etc etc. I also dont think that everyone in my state buying a Prius would make any difference either, look at what a single container ship puts out for emissions, probably close to 200 tons of bunker fuel a day, every day, times 10,000 ships world wide, and who's going to police that? Whos going to want to reduce trade so we dont need as many ships? And if natural disasters continue to be more frequent and more severe, at what point do we consider that the hundreds of billions they cost us could be better spent treating the cause and not the symptom? We're so fucking dumb as a country, everyones bitching about a $5b wall, meanwhile we spent almost $400,000,000,000.00 in INTEREST on our debt. Google says there are 50,000 active coal miners in the US currently working, with what we paid in INTEREST we could have given each of them $8 million to relocate and make greener technology, think about that.
    klagz13 likes this.

  15. #14
    Senior Member

    Member #
    62737
    Join Date
    Apr 2019
    Posts
    628
    Liked
    338 times
    Quote Originally Posted by wingnut308 View Post
    Certainly, and while I also dont think the sky will fall either in the next ten years, this isn't something that can just be reversed. Even if we do our best to be cleaner, there are a dozen other large countries that will continue to get worse. For those that think scientist all over the world have some huge financial agenda, its pretty laughable when you consider the other side. Its not like they all own solar panel factories or have huge amounts of stock in windmill manufacturers, meanwhile why would the oil and gas industry possibly mislead us? Absolutely no precedent for industry lying just so they could keep lining their pockets, unless you count tobacco, leaded gasoline, subprime lending, oxytocin, enron, wells fargo etc etc etc etc. I also dont think that everyone in my state buying a Prius would make any difference either, look at what a single container ship puts out for emissions, probably close to 200 tons of bunker fuel a day, every day, times 10,000 ships world wide, and who's going to police that? Whos going to want to reduce trade so we dont need as many ships? And if natural disasters continue to be more frequent and more severe, at what point do we consider that the hundreds of billions they cost us could be better spent treating the cause and not the symptom? We're so fucking dumb as a country, everyones bitching about a $5b wall, meanwhile we spent almost $400,000,000,000.00 in INTEREST on our debt. Google says there are 50,000 active coal miners in the US currently working, with what we paid in INTEREST we could have given each of them $8 million to relocate and make greener technology, think about that.
    I'm sure you could most certainly trace money to your "world wide scientists with no financial agenda". Its not like the world is busting out of the seams with more scientists then we know what to do with. Think about it, what you're saying is essentially that these scientists arent paid to speak at seminars, paid research, paid to produce results, and so on. I'm not willing to research it right now, but I'm pretty damn sure I could connect the dots with a lot of the front runners in this industry to political parties and alternative measures.

    Nothing in this world is free, same goes with scientists.

  16. #15
    Senior Member

    Member #
    3901
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    ohio
    Posts
    20,455
    Liked
    19190 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Pookie View Post
    I'm sure you could most certainly trace money to your "world wide scientists with no financial agenda". Its not like the world is busting out of the seams with more scientists then we know what to do with. Think about it, what you're saying is essentially that these scientists arent paid to speak at seminars, paid research, paid to produce results, and so on. I'm not willing to research it right now, but I'm pretty damn sure I could connect the dots with a lot of the front runners in this industry to political parties and alternative measures.

    Nothing in this world is free, same goes with scientists.
    Grant money is a heck of an incentive to 'find in favor of ______". Budget need to be reapproved? hmm.
    scottyb and Walleye like this.
    "There really is something broken between your ears. You know this, yes?" - Redbear

    Closed captioned for the drinking impaired. Wait...

 

 
Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Sponsors

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Similar Threads

  1. Military planing to include Climate Change?
    By Averageman in forum General Discussion
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 02-08-2016, 11:07 PM
  2. US Department of Defense Policy Brief on Climate Change
    By Nu2AKSKS in forum SHTF and Survival Discussion
    Replies: 25
    Last Post: 03-15-2015, 04:34 PM
  3. Replies: 10
    Last Post: 12-11-2009, 02:14 PM
  4. The climate didn't agree with him??????
    By Pave in forum General Discussion
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 01-05-2008, 12:28 PM
  5. Interesting cold climate Galil comparison test
    By Dutchkma in forum Galil & Valmet Discussions
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 01-20-2007, 04:31 PM

Search tags for this page

There are currently no search engine referrals.
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.