US Department of Defense Policy Brief on Climate Change
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 26
Like Tree36Likes

Thread: US Department of Defense Policy Brief on Climate Change

  1. #1
    Senior Member

    Member #
    6492
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Northeast Georgia with both Mid-Missouri and So-California in the heart
    Posts
    1,225
    Liked
    34 times

    US Department of Defense Policy Brief on Climate Change

    How the US might respond militarily to climate change:

    http://www.acq.osd.mil/ie/download/C...Foreword_c.pdf

  2. #2
    Senior Member

    Member #
    15128
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    2,620
    Liked
    449 times
    Fuckin' retards.

    Now that "global warming" has been debunked and its high priests discredited, the new narrative is "climate change." More statist bullshit.

    Climate hysterics are just a mechanism for control: of energy sources, of populations, of many things.
    Bondmen, stoyan79, SVDS and 1 others like this.
    Jim Fuller, BH_4000/abernaturlich/IvanDrago, and Sheepdog Concept

    Do no business with these crooks.




  3. #3
    Senior Member

    Member #
    14122
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    1,377
    Liked
    451 times
    Good article, thanks for posting.

    coincidentally, it was reported a few days ago that the CIA made enquiries about weaponising climate change.

    It's just sad to see the disconnect between scientists and mainstream politicians in this country.
    AZAK likes this.

  4. Remove Advertisements
    TheAKForum.net
    Advertisements
     

  5. #4
    Senior Member

    Member #
    19015
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    3,372
    Liked
    2160 times
    It isn't about climate, it is about control.
    Bondmen, Delacroix and stoyan79 like this.

  6. #5
    Senior Member

    Member #
    19422
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Georgia
    Posts
    616
    Liked
    116 times
    Yes the climate has changed. It was warm. Now its vary cold. Wonder what could be causing that?
    TRAAK's likes this.

  7. #6
    Senior Member

    Member #
    22935
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    ᎣᎦᎳᎰᎹ
    Posts
    12,474
    Liked
    52772 times
    Quote Originally Posted by mookie View Post
    Yes the climate has changed. It was warm. Now its vary cold. Wonder what could be causing that?
    OMG ur write...wat kan wee due..
    Doc Feelgood likes this.
    pics / vid required for validation

  8. #7
    Technical Advisors

    Member #
    13640
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Philadelphia, PA
    Posts
    4,834
    Liked
    3637 times
    I had to read all about this stuff since I'm a biology major. I think there's some legit cause to be concerned to be honest, but the biggest threat to earth is the assholes like Gore who decided to politicize the problem for their own personal gain. By fabricating evidence and pointing fingers, all they have done is divide the country. We all want the same thing- for the next generation to enjoy the same land, hunting grounds, etc etc etc... yet all they have succeeded in doing is making a real issue into one huge joke of a conspiracy. For what? Votes of course
    "Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote"

    -Benjamin Franklin



  9. #8
    Senior Member

    Member #
    7734
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    WA
    Posts
    2,970
    Liked
    460 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Fiorentino View Post
    I had to read all about this stuff since I'm a biology major. I think there's some legit cause to be concerned to be honest, but the biggest threat to earth is the assholes like Gore who decided to politicize the problem for their own personal gain. By fabricating evidence and pointing fingers, all they have done is divide the country. We all want the same thing- for the next generation to enjoy the same land, hunting grounds, etc etc etc... yet all they have succeeded in doing is making a real issue into one huge joke of a conspiracy. For what? Votes of course
    So much so that getting a straight answer, for us average guys, is damn near impossible.
    Fiorentino likes this.

  10. #9
    Junior Member

    Member #
    26866
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Location
    Columbus, OH
    Posts
    10
    Liked
    11 times
    Anthropogenic climate change is a reality. The only reason so many conservatives are against confronting the facts is because they think the implication is that only a strong central government can solve the problem. If you think there are not serious environmental concerns facing humanity at the moment, you are part of the problem. There is an overwhelming scientific consensus on the matter and dissenters always seem to be getting outed for their ties to special interest groups:

    Work of prominent climate change denier was funded by energy industry | Environment | The Guardian

    http://www.nytimes.com/2015/02/22/us...Hock-Soon.html

    There are plenty insidious things the government is doing to "control" us, but this isn't one of them. In fact, this is something they have very little real control over. Pick your battles and don't be impressionable shills for special interests.
    Tapeo1, AZAK, Doc Feelgood and 2 others like this.

  11. #10
    Senior Member

    Member #
    19015
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    3,372
    Liked
    2160 times
    Lots of "Facts" showing that the folks who study this are funded by the very Government. There is the problem, do they tell the truth or fudge the numbers to keep the money comming in?
    I'm betting the folks who write the checks are the ones controlling the folks who write the "facts."
    First it was Global warming, brought to you by AL Gore; then we find out Al Gore wants to sell you credits. Al's problem is even if he had his fact straight and btw, he didn't he was going to get rich off the ponzi scheme all while his home uses the same amount of energy as a small town.
    Where does Al's money come from? Tobacco, need I say more?
    Delacroix likes this.

  12. #11
    Senior Member

    Member #
    14122
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    1,377
    Liked
    451 times
    The problem is real - that much has been proved already. The solution is not so clear. I hope we might get some free market ingenuity applied to this. Oil producers are looking at cleaner burning fuels and improved capture techniques to deal with the by-products. Others are employing renewable energy sources like wind and wave forces. Nuclear is also an option.

    Sometimes government legislation can can be effective. Remember the ozone hole 30 years ago? Since banning CFC's there is evidence the situation is improving rapidly.

    I don't want to drive a Prius and eat lentils, but I also don't want to see the ice caps melt, water levels rise and more volatile weather patterns in the future. If we ignore and deny the problem, it's left to all the extremists and Luddites to come up with the solutions.
    elmoreoocyte likes this.
    я мог бы пить!!!!!

  13. #12
    Senior Member

    Member #
    19015
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    3,372
    Liked
    2160 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Doc Feelgood View Post
    The problem is real - that much has been proved already. The solution is not so clear. I hope we might get some free market ingenuity applied to this. Oil producers are looking at cleaner burning fuels and improved capture techniques to deal with the by-products. Others are employing renewable energy sources like wind and wave forces. Nuclear is also an option.

    Sometimes government legislation can can be effective. Remember the ozone hole 30 years ago? Since banning CFC's there is evidence the situation is improving rapidly.

    I don't want to drive a Prius and eat lentils, but I also don't want to see the ice caps melt, water levels rise and more volatile weather patterns in the future. If we ignore and deny the problem, it's left to all the extremists and Luddites to come up with the solutions.
    Your arguement fails with time.
    Climates change, if they didn't we would have signs for T-Rex Crossings. So we agree Climates change right? Now lets jump in the Wayback Machine with Sherman and Mr Peabody to 1978 when time magazine started all the drama about Global Cooling.
    WTF you may ask?
    Global Cooling ?
    Now where your arguement has been built upon sand is when the VP of the United States comes up with a program to save the world if you'll pay for your pollution sins by sending him $49.99 in three easy payments and we can save the world and the Polar Bears and Penguins.
    Science is bought and paid for just like the studies we fund through our tax dollars and if you will look closely there are brave people outing the lies about this crap. If you don't believe it send your money to Al Gore, but keep your hands out of my tax paying pockets.

    But wait when "Global Warming" failed to meet mustar we now come up with "Climate Change", yes, folks Climate Change! Now all of the Whores, oops, I mean Scientists now agree it isn't "Global Warming" it's "Climate Change" !
    Wait a minute, you mean the lies dont meet the Stats?
    No, so lets change the whole lie and make another!
    It's Climate Change, so now, just send AL Gore $49.99 in FOUR easy installment payments and you all can go back to your normal lives.
    Last edited by Averageman; 02-23-2015 at 07:42 PM.
    Delacroix likes this.

  14. #13
    Senior Member

    Member #
    19573
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    The Filthy South
    Posts
    1,787
    Liked
    897 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Averageman View Post
    Your arguement fails with time.
    Climates change, if they didn't we would have signs for T-Rex Crossings. So we agree Climates change right? Now lets jump in the Wayback Machine with Sherman and Mr Peabody to 1978 when time magazine started all the drama about Global Cooling.
    WTF you may ask?
    Global Cooling ?
    Now where your arguement has been built upon sand is when the VP of the United States comes up with a program to save the world if you'll pay for your pollution sins by sending him $49.99 in three easy payments and we can save the world and the Polar Bears and Penguins.
    Science is bought and paid for just like the studies we fund through our tax dollars and if you will look closely there are brave people outing the lies about this crap. If you don't believe it send your money to Al Gore, but keep your hands out of my tax paying pockets.

    But wait when "Global Warming" failed to meet mustar we now come up with "Climate Change", yes, folks Climate Change! Now all of the Whores, oops, I mean Scientists now agree it isn't "Global Warming" it's "Climate Change" !
    Wait a minute, you mean the lies dont meet the Stats?
    No, so lets change the whole lie and make another!
    It's Climate Change, so now, just send AL Gore $49.99 in FOUR easy installment payments and you all can go back to your normal lives.
    As a researcher (not of climate) I take umbrage to some of your blanket statements. It is a fact that decent, non-biased researchers exist.

    It is my opinion, backed by much research that Al Gore had nothing to do with, that man-made climate change is real.
    Nu2AKSKS and SurplusFan like this.
    "God's away on business."

  15. #14
    Senior Member

    Member #
    19015
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    3,372
    Liked
    2160 times
    Quote Originally Posted by elmoreoocyte View Post
    As a researcher (not of climate) I take umbrage to some of your blanket statements. It is a fact that decent, non-biased researchers exist.

    It is my opinion, backed by much research that Al Gore had nothing to do with, that man-made climate change is real.
    If Al Gore had nothing to do with it, where were the researchers shouting from the roof tops that Al Gore was pulling a scam? Who stood up and said "Bull Sh1t, don't buy carbon tax credits from Al Gore!" ?
    Pardon me, but when that didn't happen if there is any credibility to "global warming" or now, "climate change" you lost your argument and deserve to now sit quietly in the corner.
    Feel free to send Al your money or have rubber chicken dinner for him from now to eternity, but again, please leave your hand out of the tax payers deep pockets to fund the fun and games.
    Delacroix likes this.

  16. #15
    Senior Member

    Member #
    107
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    MN
    Posts
    2,447
    Liked
    314 times
    I'd like to slap the stupid off of AlGores face... but it's futile.. he still would be stupid and semi-evil

 

 
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New

Sponsors

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Similar Threads

  1. CenterFire Systems--Change of Policy in Illinois
    By john762 in forum Ammunition & Reloading
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 07-05-2010, 02:17 PM
  2. Replies: 10
    Last Post: 12-11-2009, 02:14 PM
  3. Public Outcry Leads Defense Department to Reverse Spent Ammo
    By skrilla in forum Assault Weapons Ban Forum
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 04-26-2009, 01:41 PM
  4. The climate didn't agree with him??????
    By Pave in forum General Discussion
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 01-05-2008, 12:28 PM
  5. Interesting cold climate Galil comparison test
    By Dutchkma in forum Galil & Valmet Discussions
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 01-20-2007, 04:31 PM

Search tags for this page

There are currently no search engine referrals.
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.