First build on Yugo M70AB underfold milled
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By pinakar

Thread: First build on Yugo M70AB underfold milled

Member #
    Liked
    0 times

First build on Yugo M70AB underfold milled

Ok this may be a stupid question (questions) but this is my first build and want to do the appropriate research first. I got most of my parts as a gift to start and was just making sure this project is doable with what i have. I got a milled Yugo M70AB underfold kit, a stamped receiver from Childers, a front and rear trunnion from arms of America (polish Millitary). It seems like this will all work together i just wanted to get a second opinion. Your thought/comments are appreciated thank you.

Member #
    Liked
    800 times
    RSB and Top cover will not work with what you have.. you will have to get a Bulgy milled RSB and standard milled or AKM top cover.. oh and then you have to change the gas tube and shit... lots of stuff... bad idea..... buy a romanian kit from AOA and build that... then get you a Tortort milled yugo receiver for your M70AB kit..
    zeek likes this.

Super Moderator
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    3924 times
    Yep, have to agree. An abundance of extra effort that will result in a far inferior result.

Building a milled kit on a stamped receiver is a bad idea from the start, and there are plenty of nightmarish examples from the dawn of AK collecting to prove this point. Trying to combine standard AKM with Yugo-type parts raises the folly by one order of magnitude. Attempting this as a first build... No.
    We've got a hell of a lot more in common with the fellow citizens we're being trained to hate than the puppetmasters training us to hate them.
    ::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::
    I can organize and sell your Commbloc weapon/parts/accessory collection
    if you lack the time or desire; send a PM if interested.

Kalashnikov Collectors Association

4. Remove Advertisements
    TheAKForum.net
    Advertisements

Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Thanks for the help guys much appreciated

Member #
    Liked
    224 times
    I almost made the same mistake today. i was looking at Apex deals and saw they have Yugo M70AB kits with new barrel for like $279. I was about to jump on it, but decided to make sure I could find a milled Yugo receiver first... and nothing. The only one that I found was about $350 which negated the awesomeness of the deal. Always check receiver availability and cost.
    Saiga IZ132L - Cugir WASR2 - Bulgarian AK74
    Finnish VKT M39 - PSA Freedom
    Walther PPS M2 - Canik TP9SA - Glock19 G5
    Yugo M57 Tokarev - Bulgarian Makarov

Member #
    Sage (East side of the Temecula Wine Country), Southwest Riverside County, Southern California
    Liked
    364 times
    Original Yugo barrels with decent bores show up for sale sometimes - they are one of the more common and obtainable original factory barrels. And there are several people offering very nice saw-cut original Yugo M70 milled receivers on the AK Files Trader Forum.

If I were going to build up a Yugo milled receiver M70, a rewelded original receiver and original barrel would be the only way to go.....anything less is just a waste of time like pissing into the wind while doing a hand-stand in a mud puddle.

There are a few talented folks who can do a first class job of rewelding a cut original receiver. Given this option, I can't see using even the best of the U.S. made receivers.

The rifle below is one I recently acquired that was restored from a number-matching original barrel kit several years ago. (The photos were taken at one of my other houses in a neighboring free state, where I am free to enjoy the rifles in my collection as God and Mikhail Kalashnikov intended for them to be)

When you factor in the cost of a nice kit, a clean shootable original barrel, and an original receiver + reweld, it does add up, but this is one of those things that are definitely worth doing right - "half-ass" is for Democrats and government workers.
    Attached Images
    AK Nazi Purist & Mosin Sniper Devil

Member #
    Liked
    429 times
    I have a stamped rear sight block you can have for shipping if it helps. No sight leaf though.

MLK

Member #
    Liked
    25 times
    Quote Originally Posted by GorillaP View Post
    I almost made the same mistake today. i was looking at Apex deals and saw they have Yugo M70AB kits with new barrel for like $279. I was about to jump on it, but decided to make sure I could find a milled Yugo receiver first... and nothing. The only one that I found was about $350 which negated the awesomeness of the deal. Always check receiver availability and cost.
    $280. https://tortort.com/collections/all-...lled-receivers
    I've forgotten more about ak's since I woke up this morning then you will ever know.

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New

Sponsors