Two Rivers Arms Yugoslavian M70AB1(First pattern underfolder AKM)
Like Tree4Likes
  • 4 Post By saigaman972

Thread: Two Rivers Arms Yugoslavian M70AB1(First pattern underfolder AKM)

Member #
    Liked
    1291 times

Two Rivers Arms Yugoslavian M70AB1(First pattern underfolder AKM)

I've always been fascinated with Yugoslavian/Serbian made weapons and while the kits are available I've tried to pick them up as I can afford them. Yeah new guns that are demilled are nice but guns that have history really are what attracted me to the hobby of kit building.

Originally built during the days of Yugoslavia this gun like many of its kind saw service during the Civil Wars of the Balkans during the 90's. It was cut up as a parts kit and imported in the early 2000's. It was rebuilt into a legal semi auto by Two Rivers Arms in Oklahoma. The US made receiver has proper selector markings and detents that would have been on the receiver when it was a machine gun. Two Rivers Arms also hot blued the US made receiver to match.

From what I can figure out I think the rear part of the gun was from an AB2(RPK style receiver 2nd pattern) so the trunnion wouldn't fit. They exchanged out the trunnions for a virgin Serb made one and installed it. The folder has a little play but most of them do....Especially if they've been used. They also drilled the hole for the push button hold for the top cover.

A little history about these guns are that right after they transitioned over from the Milled receivers to the stamped they used the standard AK style receiver. I believe after some use they decided to beef it up and go with the RPK style receiver. These were made for a few years but not nearly as long as the AB2 was. I believe what you see on the PAP rifles that are being made now is back to the standard receiver profile. I love the mixture of patina on this gun. It's got the used and shot look but not abused.

Oh god and his infinite wisdom would never have ordained that!

Technical Advisor

Member #
    Liked
    3242 times
    Nice looking AB1.
    FYI., many/most of the AB1 examples are found with the 3/6 early pattern underfolder stock., like the milled M70AB model. The later production AB2 used the reinforced 4/8 rivet pattern underfolder.

Member #
    Liked
    1291 times
    Quote Originally Posted by AKBLUE View Post
    Nice looking AB1.
    FYI., many/most of the AB1 examples are found with the 3/6 early pattern underfolder stock., like the milled M70AB model. The later production AB2 used the reinforced 4/8 rivet pattern underfolder.
    Yeah I am aware of that.I am debating about buying one of the barrel less AB1 kits to remedy that.
    Oh god and his infinite wisdom would never have ordained that!

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New

Sponsors