New User, Proud Owner, In a grueling search.

Member #
    Liked
    0 times

New User, Proud Owner, In a grueling search.

Hey everyone. I'd like to introduce myself. I am Brickcity22, though you may call me Brick. It's a pleasure to meet you.

Recently I purchased a Yugo/Zastava M70 N-PAP from Cabela's For $599.99 (should have looked around for a better price.)

Anyway! This particular AK variant came with the infamous composite thumbhole stock that obviously enjoys slapping the sh** out of you while firing. Pardon my language.

My goal was to mount a nice blonde wood stock on it. Unbeknownst by me at the time, NPAP's are very... VERY particular in which stocks can be mounted upon them. Unbeknownst again, that JG Sales sell a wood stocked AK NPAP for $530. So I've been all over the internet trying to get my hands on the same nice looking wood stock.

It has proven to be a very disheartening search. So I thought maybe I should just stick with composite... I then discovered I'd need to purchase an adapter for roughly $50 from ACE (couldn't find anything on Krebs). As well as an additional 80-120 for a nice metal/composite stock.

I've noticed that a lot of the stocks selling don't have any cheek pads/cheek raise like seen on ATI stocks. Can you effectively see the iron sights with the straight stocks?

I'm very sorry for ranting, I just need some moral support, and perhaps maybe some direction. It gets painful to shoot my NPAP. It shouldn't hurt to do something I love.

Thanks for everything guys.
    Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle."

Banned

Member #
    Liked
    44 times
    First off, welcome and I for one appreciate your online manners and formality.
    Enjoy rifle as is.

Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    I hear you and I thank you, I wish I didn't have to modify it. Because of the higher than usual cheek raise, not only does it bruise my face, it also throws my view of the front side post off. If I close my eyes, shoulder the firearm properly, and open my eyes, I cannot see the front post. Imagine that this is the normal view. (_I_) (the I is the front post) This is what I see when I open my eyes. _) The right half ring.

I've been around guns a lot, I'm a USMC veteran as well as a USMC range coach with 3x Expert Rifleman badges. I want to love this firearm, something has to change. But I don't want to break the bank in order to do so.
    Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle."

4. Remove Advertisements
    TheAKForum.net
    Advertisements

Member #
    Liked
    301 times
    Welcome aboard! Apex has some wood for M70's but I'm not sure about buttstocks. I'd call them if you have a question:
    https://www.apexgunparts.com/advance...07db0&x=4&y=14
    "There are two mistakes one can make along the road to truth ...
    not going all the way, and not starting."

Member #
    Liked
    160 times
    Semper Fi my fellow belleauwoodsman; Your best bet is IWD. IWDNEWYUGO 2 My friend ended up just getting a damaged piece for a lot cheaper from their "woodpile" (if you're handy with glue and sandpaper) to replace his synthetic stock.
    ~ mr. kermit
    Fortuna Fortes Juvat
    "Whomever said the pen is mightier than the sword, obviously has never encountered automatic weapons."

Member #
    Liked
    53 times
    Quote Originally Posted by brickcity22 View Post
    My goal was to mount a nice blonde.
    You and me both brother. We had the same problem. Solved the problem by finding a nice brunette instead...
    Hold yourself, and others, accountable for good behavior.

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New

Sponsors