AK Rifles banner

Who made Century's front polymer handguards for their M70AB1

802 views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  Ronin 
#1 ·
Folks,

Do you remember the Yugo M70AB1 underfolders that Century was selling a few years back? Who made their front polymer handguards?

I have two very nice sets and don't see "US" or "C" anywhere on them. The lower handguard has a "2" in a deep recession in the middle and the gas tube cover doesn't seem to have any markings of any kind. They are very well made and not simply copies of the wood ones.

Were these from Zastava? Any ideas?

#2 ·
Re: Who made Century's front polymer handguards for their M7

they are US made replacements for the bfpu wood on most yugo kits. the yugo hg's wood apex is selling is most likely from century as the ones that where replaced w/ plastic.

#3 ·
Re: Who made Century's front polymer handguards for their M7

steven fry said:
they are US made replacements for the bfpu wood on most yugo kits. the yugo hg's wood apex is selling is most likely from century as the ones that where replaced w/ plastic.
That wouldn't surprise me. I'm thinking of making polymer M70 handguards sometime this year and I may model them after the wood originals in that case. I was hoping the polymer ones were Zastava.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.