Like Tree54Likes

Thread: Russian apex kits

Super Moderator
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    8817 times

Russian apex kits

Didnít see a thread about them. Anybody buy any? Says no trunnion but Iím wondering what years they are. From the stock photo they look like late 60s early 70s kits.

Member #
    Liked
    7214 times
    I'm confident those are either leftover parts from the ATI batch, but possibly Sportsmans Guide, Coles Distributing or they assembled "kits" from Copes Distributing "Bulgarian AKM" parts.

Those are not items that were recently imported.
    Richard W. likes this.
    Constantly studying spots welds, mag well dimple shapes, center support rivet heads and selector markings for the last 12 years...

BTW - Keep your BFH away from my AK!

WTB Late East German 7.62 top cover and gas tube numbered 687.

Member #
    Liked
    496 times
    The trunions were probably taken off as they were Russian factory marked. I guess guys could buy new unmarked trunions from AOA and etch them to match the parts
    22many likes this.
    11th air assault div 63 65 1st bn abn 8th cav 1st cav vietnam 65 66 11th special forces group 70-74 major sks and ak collector ammunition collector

4. Remove Advertisements
    TheAKForum.net
    Advertisements

Member #
    Liked
    6 times
    I bought a few loose parts off them and they were mid-60s and varied across the board. Not sure if the full kits are better paired by year tho.

Super Moderator
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    8817 times
    Quote Originally Posted by MPiKM-72 View Post
    I'm confident those are either leftover parts from the ATI batch, but possibly Sportsmans Guide, Coles Distributing or they assembled "kits" from Copes Distributing "Bulgarian AKM" parts.

Those are not items that were recently imported.
    I do remember the sportsman guide trunnionless Russian kits from years ago. But that was like, what...8-10 years ago? I guess it’s possible that these can be from that batch. If i recall those kits were mainly 70s rifles.

Super Moderator
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    8817 times
    Quote Originally Posted by akdrillo86 View Post
    I bought a few loose parts off them and they were mid-60s and varied across the board. Not sure if the full kits are better paired by year tho.
    Pics look like 60s kits. If they are then big whoop. You can still get those complete from rguns.

Member #
    Liked
    6 times
    I agree completely. I think the RGuns kits will have more consistency in year (mostly '68-'69) and have the trunnion. Definitely worth the extra few bucks. I bought two Izzy Milled RSBs with RSL from Apex and they seemed to be mid 60s and we're both sand blasted so much you couldn't see proofs. The RSL on one was a lightened leaf as well which is cool but not what I was after to complete my '68 Izzy. I'm guessing these parts are from the same batch as the kits.

Super Moderator
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    8817 times
    If so then that sucks. I’d be interested if they were pre 1968 or mid 70s. I love those 70s cast rifles.

Member #
    Liked
    6 times
    Quote Originally Posted by 22many View Post
    If so then that sucks. I’d be interested if they were pre 1968 or mid 70s. I love those 70s cast rifles.
    I rolled the dice on two more this week so I'll post some pics when they come in and get ur opinion.
    22many likes this.

Member #
    Liked
    1478 times
    I wish trunnions existed for these. I am bored with the hobby since there seems to be no real developments with kit building or Russian stuff lately. I guess that was inevitable, but wish this section was more active like it used to be
    corpsman5 likes this.

Super Moderator
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    8817 times
    Well, to be fair Vlado, i can see you getting bored real easy with the one off Russians you got.

But yes, we need something new and interesting to come in.
    evolixsurf likes this.

Member #
    Liked
    1478 times
    Well, to be fair Vlado, i can see you getting bored real easy with the one off Russians you got.

But yes, we need something new and interesting to come in.
    Its not what I have or don't have, its the lack (or seemingly) thereof of the once great active community we had on this section. There are a lot of once daily active members in this section that I have not seen in months or up to a year. I think more and more people getting into the hobby, whatever small number that is, flock more to social media like Instagram and the likes. Instagram is great and all, but it doesn't foster discussions or much depth other than a few "likes" then on to the next picture. Ok, thats my rant.

Member #
    Liked
    1478 times
    And I'll add that a day doesn't go by that I don't pick up one of my rifles and tinker with it for a bit. I am extremely grateful for what I've been able to acquire and enjoy their history immensely.

Member #
    Liked
    15 times
    why would anybody pay that kind of money for no trunnion kit.price should be $299.for that money you can buy a all matching with trunnion RGUNS kit.russian stuff has been way overpriced for years now.rguns sells complete russian rifles for $1400,izzy or tula.if you buy a kit from them for $775,barrel romy $200,custom receiver with FFL fee $200,populate,headspace barrel,rivits,922r parts you have more that a built one.back in 2010 and 2011 before rguns built Russians rifiles and everybody making Russian receivers the only way to have a correct Russian was get a riggs receiver and build it yourself.i sold my Russians I built for $2700 each in 2011 and 2012.now they go for half that.supply and demand.

Member #
    Liked
    5459 times
    Just my opinion
    Iv never been a fan of Russian akms because theyíre painted
    After putting the 69 together I only test fired it and put it away.
    Chopped it in half and sold it a couple weeks ago ... maybe heíll like it.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Sponsors