Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
Like Tree54Likes

Thread: Russian apex kits

Moq

Member #
    Liked
    18 times
    Quote Originally Posted by howiebearse View Post
    That may not be the best for it as it was made for RPG Try and get a kalinka in caliber you need
    I definitely want to acquire more scopes for it once the rifle is complete. I just thought the picture of the Russian soldier with an RPG scope on his rifle was a cool thing, and I scooped my optic with a close date to my rifle and all accessories for a good price.

Iíll be looking to get a 1P29 if I can find a vintage one around the same year as my rifle.

Super Moderator
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    4119 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Moq View Post
    I’ll be looking to get a 1P29 if I can find a vintage one around the same year as my rifle.
    Not sure how you'll be able to tell, the scopes aren't dated. Only date indication would be the inspection stamps in the manuals that are included with a full rig and accessories. What would matter is whether the production was military (marked 1P29 with hammer/sickle symbol) or commercial (UPO-1 with triangle symbol of optics factory).
    We've got a hell of a lot more in common with the fellow citizens we're being trained to hate than the puppetmasters training us to hate them.
    ::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::
    LOOKING FOR: EG SSG-82 5.45 bolt gun; Soviet (7.62), East German (7.62/5.45) and Romy (5.45) Barrels; nice EG or Soviet Makarov
    I organize and sell Commbloc weapon/parts/accessory collections and estates for those who cannot or would prefer not to, send a PM if interested.
    Kalashnikov Collectors Association

Moq

Member #
    Liked
    18 times
    Quote Originally Posted by AZAK View Post
    Not sure how you'll be able to tell, the scopes aren't dated. Only date indication would be the inspection stamps in the manuals that are included with a full rig and accessories. What would matter is whether the production was military (marked 1P29 with hammer/sickle symbol) or commercial (UPO-1 with triangle symbol of optics factory).
    I guess it'll be even harder than i thought!

If nothing else I would like a military one and not a commercial one.

4. Remove Advertisements
    TheAKForum.net
    Advertisements

Member #
    Liked
    2203 times
    The apex kits are a wide range of years, I have been dealing with them on various parts and kits and have been really happy. They supplied me a slick Yugo M70 barreled kit.

I have grown tired of piecing stuff together. Thatís why I didnít move on their Russian kits, if you buy one you could find a trunnion to use. Why not try Vlado.

My last russian builds I have planned are based on Rguns or PLO kits. I have some spare receivers waiting for kits one day too.

I still have lots of cool AKís to build (non Russian) but even collectible kits seem to be hard to find. I let a couple go to fund my ďotherĒ gun collection. While not 100% related, here is the M70 kit I got from them, all original finish by the way. I got my Yugo fix by building this.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    WTB/WTT:
    Rare/unique original barrel kits
    Russian Barrels
    East German Barrels
    I have rare parts/kits and plenty original Russian paint to trade.

Member #
    Liked
    1478 times
    Quote Originally Posted by techno View Post
    Why not try Vlado.
    I would be less hesitant to buy one of the Apex kits if I knew exactly what I would be getting. I inquired about if the Tula kits come with a milled or cast gas block (both are pictured in their ad) and was told "what you see is what you get." Huh? Not worth the risk on top of no trunnion. I nabbed a 1975 Tula kit today at a cost just a little bit more than the Apex offerings and it comes with front trunnion.

Member #
    Liked
    5459 times
    Quote Originally Posted by DK18 View Post
    Mr. Nobody I don’t like the kit you sold me at all. I LOVE it. It may not be perfect but it is very nice. All matching numbers. Only thing missing to make it 100% is no LHG and sight leaf number. The wood is in better shape than my hand select kits! Also the Romy barrel does have a small partial (y) mark. BONUS! The only thing that not correct is the FSB is a milled Izzy.

For me this was the cherry on top, as both of my 68 kits came with cast FSB’s. Thanks to you I can get started on having these built. I’ll probably attempt to build it myself since you already did the so much.
    I can’t say thank enough!
    Cool man
    Glad your happy
    The stock came with it but I got nos hand guards from Russian surplus because the lower has a big scrape on one side ... it didn’t come with a numbered one.
    BTW
    That barrel is a 1979
    Last edited by Mr Nobody; 02-11-2020 at 07:45 AM.

Member #
    Liked
    26 times
    Seems like some APEX customers have had success with getting what they wanted by writing their request on the comments section of the order, or by asking the customer service people to find what they are after.
    Sledge
    "Ake Ake Kia Kaha e"

Super Moderator
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    8817 times
    Still a lot of money for a pile of parts with no trunnion or guarantee of what your getting.
    Vlado and akraider like this.

Member #
    Liked
    2203 times
    I wonder how many of them they have sold.

WTB/WTT:
    Rare/unique original barrel kits
    Russian Barrels
    East German Barrels
    I have rare parts/kits and plenty original Russian paint to trade.

Member #
    Liked
    1478 times
    I'm thinking of getting one of the Tula kits now. I bought a complete 1975 "Tula" kit on Gunbroker which turned out to be all izzy except the Tula trunnion...so, I need Tula parts.

Member #
    Liked
    26 times
    Quote Originally Posted by techno View Post
    I wonder how many of them they have sold.

Looks like there are 21 TULA kits remaining in stock at the moment.
    At least that was all I could add to the shopping cart...
    Sledge
    "Ake Ake Kia Kaha e"

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Sponsors