Izzy 88 Kit for Tula 74 Clone?
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Vlado

Thread: Izzy 88 Kit for Tula 74 Clone?

Member #
    Liked
    1 times

Izzy 88 Kit for Tula 74 Clone?

Looking to build a Tula 74 clone. Looking at pictures of one, from a distance it seems I can get away with using an Izzy 88 kit (these are still somewhat available, and I’m looking to keep the parts Russian, so I’m trying not to use Bulgarian parts).

The only obvious, necessary change being the 62 degree gas block, and a dimple-less FSB, that I’ll have to procure. If I’m being really picky, I can use a Tula AKM rear sight leaf. And I can scrub the front trunnion and have Tula markings engraved. Other than these changes, is there any other obvious substitutions I should make?

Thanks.

Member #
    Liked
    1594 times
    I suggest looking over my thread in detail to see how or what parts to clone: https://www.theakforum.net/forums/29...ak-74-kit.html
    scottyb likes this.

Banned

Member #
    Liked
    478 times
    Browsing Gunbroker last night this one guy has a bunch of Russian take-offs and NOS Russian AK-74 front sight blocks. Had early ones that took pins, some weird 2-piece style he claims was used from like late '85 to "88, and the later style that were pressed on. The latter style were NOS and could be drilled and pinned instead of pressed, I would think. Just a heads up if you are looking for a front sight and don't want to go the Bulgarian route.

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New

Sponsors