Coming soon... AK74N rails - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Like Tree28Likes

Thread: Coming soon... AK74N rails

Member #
    Liked
    2162 times

Coming soon... AK74N rails

My comment was about how people take advantage of us and the result of their BS. The flippers that stretch the truth and take advantage of niche collecting.

I am pretty sure you wanted to build a AKMSL clone and didn’t care to blow the $$ on finding a real kit which is smart. You saved a shit ton whether the rail was $250 or 50.
    Because of the guys on GB dishonestly there are people that probably think “why buy a $1XXX kit when the factory rails are for sale on GB”

Just like if these were sold as real Russian rails and a real AK74N kit popped up for sale later. It would affect the value.

Here are mine. Nothing wrong with reproductions, but I’m sure if Legit scope rail Tantal kits were imported the value would be damaged by the fact that people are selling these as real.
    I just looked up the rails on GB and they are for sale listed as original. The seller is a nice guy, I have bought stuff from him. I would like to think he possibly is being misled.
    I’m not sure who else has sold them as real but Shifty from Poland was always transparent that they were repros from what I was told by him. When I bought my first Tantal rail I had the choice of getting NSP marks or not. I didn’t get them, later I ordered one with the marks.

Last edited by techno; 11-17-2019 at 01:15 PM.
    WTB/WTT:
    Rare/unique original barrel kits
    Russian Barrels
    East German Barrels
    I have rare parts/kits and plenty original Russian paint to trade.

Member #
    Liked
    2162 times

Here is #1:

Here are real ones courtesy of Rob Stott and his AK47 Catalog, he has a webpage now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    Last edited by techno; 12-02-2019 at 10:55 AM.
    wingnut308 and burnnrbr like this.
    WTB/WTT:
    Russian Barrels
    East German Barrels

Super Moderator
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    3964 times
    Nailed it!!!
    We've got a hell of a lot more in common with the fellow citizens we're being trained to hate than the puppetmasters training us to hate them.
    ::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::
    LOOKING FOR: EG SSG-82 5.45 bolt gun; Soviet (7.62), East German (7.62/5.45) and Romy (5.45) Barrels; nice EG or Soviet Makarov
    I organize and sell Commbloc weapon/parts/accessory collections and estates for those who cannot or would prefer not to, send a PM if interested.
    Kalashnikov Collectors Association

4. Remove Advertisements
    TheAKForum.net
    Advertisements

Member #
    Liked
    269 times
    Look very nice.

Stupid question, I'm sure, but is there any difference between these and the RMP3 rails offered on that collectors source page?

Member #
    Liked
    2162 times
    Quote Originally Posted by russian_bot_5791 View Post
    Look very nice.

Stupid question, I'm sure, but is there any difference between these and the RMP3 rails offered on that collectors source page?
    To some people there may not be a difference.

Doug (original owner of Collectors Source, designed/ the rails you are talking about), his close friends, and the other really hardcore collectors claimed the first 10 off a couple pics in July that got cut wrong/were trashed... They will be replacing the RMP rails on their russian AK74N builds with these.

We used originals as references for measurements. These holes will not line up with the ones on those replica holes FYI.
    ————-
    I don’t want to discuss/compare this project to the Rails Doug sourced/had built. He is a friend of mine, I respect him/the company/brand/product he built. For the price they are great/proven.

WTB/WTT:
    Russian Barrels
    East German Barrels

Member #
    Liked
    4 times
    Quote Originally Posted by russian_bot_5791 View Post
    Look very nice.

The obvious difference is the geometry of the lightening cuts in the dovetail, and I use "obviously" generously here since it's so minute.

But to the serious collector, this is a huge difference, and I'm glad to see someone has done it.
    Last edited by Chosen_1; 12-05-2019 at 03:53 PM.

Member #
    Liked
    269 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Chosen_1 View Post
    The obvious difference is the geometry of the lightening cuts in the dovetail, and I use "obviously" generously here since it's so minute.

But to the serious collector, this is a huge difference, and I'm glad to see someone has done it.
    I'm holding the rail I bought from you right now comparing it to the pics. It looks like the lightening cuts in the pics are slightly more "cigar shaped" on the ends compared to the more rounded ends on the one in my hand. IDK if I would have ever noticed if you hadn't pointed it out, though. I'm pleased with the one I have and will be using it.
    techno likes this.

Member #
    Liked
    2162 times

Chosen_1 summed it up perfectly, the obvious difference is not that obvious.

To 99% of ppl it will be too expensive, add $100 to the cost of the other rail and tell me how much these tiny differences mean to you?

The rail you have is fine, if you had to ask what the difference is then there is no difference to you. At the end of the day... it’s a scope rail. The one you have is proven to work with many different optics. It was perfected over years of production.

I’m over the top.

I really wish I was the guy saying “what is the difference” because I spend so much time worrying about all the stupid BS vs enjoying building/shooting. It’s a sickness.

Last edited by techno; 12-07-2019 at 12:35 AM.
    WTB/WTT:
    Russian Barrels
    East German Barrels

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New

Sponsors