• 1 Post By wingnut308
  • 2 Post By BigDave76
  • 3 Post By swizz

Thread: Chitin Defense Bizon

Member #
    Liked
    2487 times

Chitin Defense Bizon

Sorry if this is a dupe, but have you guys been following this startup that want to make Bizons?

https://www.instagram.com/chitin_defense/
    https://www.patreon.com/ChitinDefense

Member #
    A dark, ruined castle in Transylvania. Otherwise known as Mississippi
    Liked
    641 times
    That guy posts on the firearms side of Reddit about these. Somehow he got a mag to be brought in! I’ve been very interested in one if they get of the ground
    Fiorentino likes this.
    Interested in Middle Eastern, South Asian and Yugoslavian AKs and gear. Only a woman can break his spell...

Member #
    Liked
    11 times
    Yes, been following this closely. He's active on the r/ak47 subreddit and the r/ak47 subreddit Discord server that I help run. I can give you a brief summary.

/u/-FeistyCrawfish- (Chitin Defense) Initially got a Bizon parts kit some years ago, as well as a few different Bizon Helical Mags. He has an aluminum 9x18, aluminum 9x19, polymer 9x18 and polymer 9x19 mag. He's spend the past few years reverse engineering the PP-19 Bizon in order to get it up and ready for US production. His current vision for the project is to build them as 9x19 pistols, using receivers custom made from Recreator, Milled Trunnions (not die forged) made by a company he cannot name due to NDA (but it is a company that currently builds Kalashnikov designs for the Military in the US), Magazines will be aluminum CNC machined, Handguard will be updated for the vents to be usable as Mlok rails, a custom recreated flash hider to match the original, look-a-like pistol grips, and reverse engineered bolt, top cover, and rear and front sight blocks. I don't remember where he's having the barrels made. They'll be able to use a brace, or if they are SBR'd, to use a PP-19 triangle folder stock. He also has designs for a magazine well that can attach in place of the helical mag so that CZ Scorpion mags can be used instead, and may do others in the future for other mag compatibility like Vityaz mags. Note: the guns will ship with 1 helical aluminum mag.

Here is his original gun kit going to M13 industries to be built as the Prototype V1: https://imgur.com/a/eQwbfse No production prototypes exist yet, as this will be used to further the US part designs.

He has just gotten his first batch of Receivers made with cooperation with Recreator, as pictured above, and he's selling a couple of the prototype receivers to those with Bizon kits for use for their builds, such as TrentWard aka TopGunEbay, who has a 9x18 kit.

Feisty has stated that he will not be taking any pre-orders until he is ready to get production rolling. If his 9x19 design goes well, he may be interested in doing a 9x18, 380, and 7.62 tok version. He's also looking at maybe doing the over folder Bizon, instead of the side folding version.

Check out his posts on reddit for a look at what all he's done: https://www.reddit.com/user/-feistycrawfish-/posts/

And you can also follow his post history on our Discord with the search function: https://discord.gg/7rBcZm5
    MPiKM-72 and Mullo98 like this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    TheAKForum.net
    Advertisements

Member #
    Liked
    5831 times
    I wish him well with the project.

Magazine quality and quantity will make or break the project.

I know I saw a picture in the old Soldier of Fortune magazine sometime in the 1990's - a picture of Boris Yeltsin holding a Calico 9mm firearm. I've tried to find that photo for a while now, no luck so far. I'm pretty confident the idea for the Bizon came from the Russians studying the Calico.

I've owned a Calico since 1990. The unique springs in the mags wear out over time.
    Last edited by MPiKM-72; 05-16-2019 at 09:01 AM.
    Mullo98 likes this.
    Constantly studying spots welds, mag well dimple shapes, center support rivet heads and selector markings for the last 11 years...

BTW - Keep your BFH away from my AK!

WTB Late East German 7.62 top cover and gas tube numbered 687.

Member #
    Liked
    641 times
    Agreed,also the cost of one is projected to be a little high.
    Interested in Middle Eastern, South Asian and Yugoslavian AKs and gear. Only a woman can break his spell...

Member #
    Liked
    2487 times
    Quote Originally Posted by BigDave76 View Post
    Magazines will be aluminum CNC machined
    That sounds crazy expensive
    Mullo98 likes this.

Member #
    Liked
    11 times
    Chitin Defense has said that there was patent conflict with the Bizon and the Calico, and that the idea for the mag was based on the calico.

And Mullo98, they are targeting the price of the Bizon with helical mag, and magwell insert for cz mags to be less than $2000. Still a steep price likely, but idk how much of that is magazine price. Gun will use a bunch of custom parts. I think the only things not custom on the PP-19 Bizon are the FCG, trigger guard, safety retainer plate, side rail, pistol grip, and maybe the rear trunnion for the side folder model.
    MPiKM-72 and Mullo98 like this.

Member #
    Liked
    641 times
    Which is honestly worth it to me.

Member #
    Liked
    66 times
    Quote Originally Posted by MPiKM-72 View Post
    I wish him well with the project.

Magazine quality and quantity will make or break the project.

I know I saw a picture in the old Soldier of Fortune magazine sometime in the 1990's - a picture of Boris Yeltsin holding a Calico 9mm firearm. I've tried to find that photo for a while now, no luck so far. I'm pretty confident the idea for the Bizon came from the Russians studying the Calico.

I've owned a Calico since 1990. The unique springs in the mags wear out over time.
    Ask and ye shall receive...
    russian-president-boris-yeltsin-center-inspecting-the-koliko-machine-B96RP3.jpg

"Russian President Boris Yeltsin center inspecting the Koliko machine gun with which the U S Delta special forces detachments"

MPiKM-72, JeepFan and wingnut308 like this.
    WTB:
    - Pakistani G-S-A clover mags (Yes, it's actually G-S-A, not S-A-G! GSA stands for Gul Sons Arms -- an armoury in the Khyber Pass district.)

Sponsors