• 2 Post By techno
  • 1 Post By techno
  • 1 Post By jithaca

Thread: Apex has rare Russian AKM parts for sale

Member #
    Liked
    2074 times

Apex has rare Russian AKM parts for sale

I took on a late izzy akms build recently that was missing parts I didnít want to search for. Luckily for me Apex had what I was missing, and I wanted to let yíall know.

Search Russian, they arenít cheap but they did come from Russian AKMís, and you can find some otherwise pretty difficult to locate parts.

Cast & Milled, early mid and late selectors, grip screws, tops, rear trunnions, trigger guards etc etc.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    MPiKM-72 and scottyb like this.
    WTB/WTT:
    Rare/unique original barrel kits
    Russian Barrels
    East German Barrels
    I have rare parts/kits and plenty original Russian paint to trade.

Member #
    Liked
    2074 times
    They separated some by make (Izzy or Tula), keep in mind once you get to the really rare stuff it may be a 50/50.

My 1977 style recoil rod is Tula, but I am not complaining. That will be the only Tula part I use.

MPiKM-72 likes this.
    WTB/WTT:
    Russian Barrels
    East German Barrels

Member #
    Liked
    8 times
    Were you lucky enough to snag any of the late akm cast selectors that were labeled as milled with tab?? By the time I looked they were gone already....
    I wonder how many they actually had

4. Remove Advertisements
    TheAKForum.net
    Advertisements

Member #
    Liked
    2074 times

I did... that part was right... I grabbed a late Izzy recoil Rod and it ended up Tula... I am going to roll with that unless someone wants to trade Tula for Izzy late AKM tabbed recoil Rod.

So think about it, if they had Tula rods labeled Izzy wouldnít you think they had Izzy selectors labeled Tula?

My guess is there are some. What project are you working on? I am making a order tomorrow and I may can help. Pm me.

Worst case I would use the Tula part as place mark.
    Last edited by techno; 05-15-2019 at 07:01 PM.
    WTB/WTT:
    Russian Barrels
    East German Barrels

Technical Advisors

Member #
    Liked
    1058 times
    I ordered 2 of the cast Izzy RSBs. I received 1, the other was a Bulgarian AK74. They sent me a return label and sent it back. Will see what i get this time.
    MPiKM-72 likes this.
    Raised in New Mexico, where the Hell else do you sneak out in the backyard and shoot off an Atom Bomb or three, instead of a firecracker ...

Member #
    Liked
    2074 times

I ordered some parts today, if yíall want some of them you need to move. They are going fast

I made a bad joke before about returning parts that are labeled correctly to hope you get incorrectly marked parts... 99.9% of this crowd wouldnít do that and know I am joking, we donít play games like that here.

Someone did take that seriously, so I am clarifying. I have never returned anything to Apex, their return policy prevents things like that, if you get correctly labeled parts there is a restocking fee. I wouldnít think that would even cross someoneís mind as OK but are a lot new faces here so I wanted to make that clear.

Iím not always serious but my humor is a bit grim and probably only funny to me. Donít take any bad advice I give seriously because itís probably an attempt at a joke.

Jithica is clearly in the right, Bulgarian AK74 rear sight block isnít russian AKM, I wanted to make that clear.

WTB/WTT:
    Russian Barrels
    East German Barrels

Member #
    Liked
    8 times
    Danm!!! Well atleast you got lucky on the late selector and got one before they were gone. I looked as soon as I saw this post the day after you posted it and they were marked out, i was super bumbed... lol.
    Wish I had a extra late Izzy laying around I'd trade in a heart beat,like you said it's a 50/50 chance when they just have it marked as Russian and harder to find parts on top of that.

I'm willing to bet theirs definitely more but just mixed in parts labeled as something else. I grabbed a akm cleaning rod and a carrier. The rod was as pictured but no proofs looks like maybe a hardness test prick and in NOS shape. The carrier I was hoping maybe I'd get lucky and get a late pattern carrier and Izzy but it was as pictured but luckily it was a Izzy in like new shape maybe function tested once or twice it looks like. Before I placed the order I asked if there was any late style carriers and they said their might be one or so mixed in but all the parts were counted and sorted and it wasn't worth their time to sort threw parts again for one type which I understand so figured I'd grab one anyways and maybe get lucky,thought it was a Tula carrier at first but looks to be izzy it definitely has a diamond proof on the piston
    I've been piecing together a 77 Izzy akm fixed stock for the past year and a half and a 77 Izzy ak74 fixed stock and just have the selector left on the list for the akm and a couple parts for the 74.
    It's been long and almost impossible on a couple parts and probably would of been a bust without the huge help from a couple members on here of tracking down and locating some very hard parts to find and cant thank Tony and Andy enough for that in this long process.

sometimes that's the only thing you can do is order multiple and hope you atleast get what your looking for even if it turns out to be one maybe two and sell the others but really sucks when none turn out to be what your looking for...

Member #
    Liked
    2074 times
    Most guys I know are buying multiples and flipping the extras, Iím happy to get the right style recoil rod. I really donít care itís Tula, Iíll swap it for a izzy one day.

If I was you I would buy a late Tula AKM lever and use it as a placemark, or buy 3 and flip the other 2 for cost.

I can almost promise you that cleaning rod is izzy, I have bought two and both were izzy. Itís impossible for them to know 100% of the intricacies between Tula and izzy, and mid to late parts. Iím happy to have the source for Russian parts, and not at the gunjoker gouge prices.

My guess is the bulk of the parts are mid style.

I may need that carrier if you donít, Iím assembling a 71/72
    WTB/WTT:
    Russian Barrels
    East German Barrels

Member #
    Liked
    1045 times
    Gents, are the Russian cleaning rods proofed? Where on the rod are they typically proofed? They are slotted right? Are they shiny black? Thanks!
    WTB:

Russian Type 1 or 2 parts/kit

Member #
    Liked
    2074 times
    Iíll sho u mine tomorr

WTB/WTT:
    Russian Barrels
    East German Barrels

Technical Advisors

Member #
    Liked
    1058 times
    Quote Originally Posted by jithaca View Post
    I ordered 2 of the cast Izzy RSBs. I received 1, the other was a Bulgarian AK74. They sent me a return label and sent it back. Will see what i get this time.

Apex came through. I received the correct RSB yesterday. Thanks Apex!
    Raised in New Mexico, where the Hell else do you sneak out in the backyard and shoot off an Atom Bomb or three, instead of a firecracker ...

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New

Sponsors