Russian Experimental, Prototype, Rare and Hard to Find Magazines
Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 ... LastLast
Like Tree273Likes

Thread: Russian Experimental, Prototype, Rare and Hard to Find Magazines

Member #
    Liked
    1762 times

Russian Experimental, Prototype, Rare and Hard to Find Magazines

Seems to be a lot of members with rare or hard to get magazines that are buried in various threads, so I thought I'd start a thread for reference that others can contribute. I have some other experimental and rare Russia magazines in deep storage that I'll photograph and post when I get a chance to dig them out. I know I have a 7,62x39 Green Border Guard mag (looked and it turns out to be 5,45), 7,62x39 30rd and 40rd experimental's and early issue magazines, and different long tops variants.

For magazines that we don't own, credit the photo if that info is available. If the info is not available, make sure to state so and indicate unknown ownership. That way we should have a decent reference for the magazines known to be in the states and what magazines are not. I'll start it off with a few that I already have photos for and add others as I dig them out unless others have posted the same magazine already.

First up is my favorite mag that I own...a rare Tula 7,62x39 30rd АГ-4C dark brown experimental magazine.

Izhevsk 7,62x39 30rd Aluminum Ribbed experimental magazine.

Izhevsk 5,45x39 30rd Border Guard magazine.

Izhevsk 7,62x30 30rd Side Stamp magazine. These mags I'll put in the hard to find category but they surface periodically. I have some that are brand new still in the grease and others that used but minimal wear.

Last edited by Bunker9939; 08-20-2017 at 05:20 AM.

Member #
    Liked
    46 times
    Nice collection! I really like the Tula 7,62x39 30rd АГ-4C dark brown experimental magazine. First one that I've seen.
    Thanks for sharing Bunker9939

Member #
    Liked
    432 times
    Very nice and thanks for the pics...
    Akforum member #234...

4. Remove Advertisements
    TheAKForum.net
    Advertisements

Member #
    Liked
    110 times
    Quote Originally Posted by akraider View Post
    Very nice and thanks for the pics...
    Agreed!

Member #
    Liked
    74 times
    Would love to see you post your Izh 762x39 Green Border Guard Bakelite magazine when you have the chance. I have seen the same exact pictures of the Brown Tula mag before. I like this Thread already. Thanks.

Member #
    Liked
    1762 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Chriscolo View Post
    Would love to see you post your Izh 762x39 Green Border Guard Bakelite magazine when you have the chance. I have seen the same exact pictures of the Brown Tula mag before. I like this Thread already. Thanks.
    The dark brown Tula mag is the one you most likely seen on Russian forums and I was fortunate enough to acquire it a while back. I happen to know that particular Russian collector very well and we've been friends for quite a while. That is the one mag I really wanted from the first time I seen it. I've only seen two of them and the other one was heavily worn. A few other Russian collectors I know have not seen any others either but I'm sure there are others in the hands of Russian collectors somewhere. I specifically wanted it for my 1968 Tula hand select kit.

Member #
    Liked
    4416 times

not taking new work

Member #
    Liked
    1762 times
    Izhevsk 5,45x39 30 rd experimental magazine (Resides in Russia; Credit - Koysan). Garbage bags full but the majority are unusable. Sounds like a few members here may have this one, so possibly they would be willing to take a few good pics for us.

1972 Izhevsk experimental displayed with this mag.

Member #
    Liked
    4416 times
    I know where there is a partial parts kit for one of these 72 underfolders...lol
    bunker do you know if there was in fact an aluminum version of the horizontal ribbed mag?
    in books and articles it calls them aluminum but so far they have been steel that weve had our hands on.
    not taking new work

Member #
    Liked
    2894 times
    Id be willing to bet people just assumed they were aluminum due to the funky wide ass vertical rib on the front that resembles the front of a waffle mag.

Member #
    Liked
    106 times
    The mag next to the rusty one is mine. It is steel, not aluminum.

Member #
    Liked
    1392 times
    Quote Originally Posted by xman View Post
    The mag next to the rusty one is mine. It is steel, not aluminum.
    I would be glad to give some rusty ones a home... I don't mind putting in some elbow grease.

Member #
    Liked
    1762 times
    Quote Originally Posted by BR7.62 View Post
    I know where there is a partial parts kit for one of these 72 underfolders...lol
    bunker do you know if there was in fact an aluminum version of the horizontal ribbed mag?
    in books and articles it calls them aluminum but so far they have been steel that weve had our hands on.
    I have seen no factual document or credible Russian source that states these experimental/pilot magazines were ever made of aluminum. However, they are produced with a different type of metal. There were several types of metals they experimented with and this mag is an example of one of them. I"ll let you know if I find a document that states exactly what they are made out of.

Member #
    Liked
    1762 times
    Izhevsk 7,62x39 40 rd Aluminum experimental magazine (РПК). This set is owned by a Russian collector.

Member #
    Liked
    1762 times
    Izhevsk 30 rd Green Border Guard magazine, mold 23. The mold 23 border guard magazine is very rare, much more than mold 19, which is what we typically see. I don't believe I've seen another mold 23 in the states but there may be, just I haven't seen one.

Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New

Sponsors