Ak74 experts,is this a Russian ak74 parts kit ?
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Ak74 experts,is this a Russian ak74 parts kit ?

Member #
    Liked
    10 times

Ak74 experts,is this a Russian ak74 parts kit ?

I have an ak74 parts kit that I got in a trade and was wondering if anyone knows anything about it,rarity,brand,etc..I don't useally buy ak parts lots because they're pretty pricey now days and I don't know anything about building them & honestly I'm not really interested in investing in the tools and time to build them but I got it in a trade and now I want to find someone to build it or see if it's worth building or putting it up forsale..
    The previous owner told me its a "rare izzy" and a true russian ak74 parts kit and that all it needs is a receiver and 922r parts and a builder and I'll be good to go..
    Ak74 experts,what do I have here?i don't know if you can tell by the pics but the furniture is a very nice plum looking color..

Member #
    Liked
    958 times
    Russian 88 kit. Rguns is the only one that sells them, and they recently raised the price on them, so they might be near the end soon. They build up to be really nice rifles, but just keep in mind the barrel components are punch pressed on instead of pinned.
    WTB: Russian Slabside mags, Yugo 4 cell mag pouch

DO NOT SELL ANYTHING TO BH_4000!
    https://www.theakforum.net/forums/14-...m-edition.html

Member #
    Liked
    10 times
    I only have one other ak74 and its a Bulgarian built on a Nodak receiver and I was looking over it and noticed that my Bulgarian has just about all the peaces as this parts kit except
    These 2 items,
    These 2 peaces came with the parts kit,anyone know what they are?

4. Remove Advertisements
    TheAKForum.net
    Advertisements

Member #
    Liked
    958 times
    That is the rate reducer/hammer retarder, designed to delay the action slightly to make sure the bolt fully closes so there's no out of battery. Little spring goes inside of it. Parts of the full auto FCG, not used in semi FCG.

Member #
    Liked
    10 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Panzer View Post
    That is the rate reducer/hammer retarder, designed to delay the action slightly to make sure the bolt fully closes so there's no out of battery. Little spring goes inside of it. Parts of the full auto FCG, not used in semi FCG.
    awesome panzer thanks for the great info..
    Next question I guess will be is for U or anyone who can answer this:
    What's the going price that builders charge to put this thing togather for me?and any recommendations on who can put it togather
    Thanks

Member #
    Liked
    958 times
    The barrel components require a little bit more work. Pricing will probably range from 500-800 for a build depending on who you go with. But here's a quick list of who I'd recommend.

Cameron87 here on the forum built mine.
    Dallas Moore here and on the Files.
    Mario at Piece of History Firearms.

Super Moderator
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    4434 times
    Judging from what I can see of the prior owners demilling expertise, I'd say its a good thing the kit was sold before it was utterly ruined. "Takes a good man to know his limitations..."
    Fiorentino likes this.
    We've got a hell of a lot more in common with the fellow citizens we're being trained to hate than the puppetmasters training us to hate them.
    ::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::
    LOOKING FOR: EG SSG-82 5.45 bolt gun; Soviet (7.62), East German (7.62/5.45) and Romy (5.45) Barrels; nice EG or Soviet Makarov
    I organize and sell Commbloc weapon/parts/accessory collections and estates for those who cannot or would prefer not to, send a PM if interested.
    Kalashnikov Collectors Association

Member #
    Liked
    10 times
    The barrel components require a little bit more work. Pricing will probably range from 500-800 for a build depending on who you go with. But here's a quick list of who I'd recommend.

Cameron87 here on the forum built mine.
    Dallas Moore here and on the Files.
    Mario at Piece of History Firearms.
    Ouch $500-$800 for the build even if I bring my own receiver and 922r parts?if that's the case then it's going up FORSALE lol..I didn't realize it was that expensive

Member #
    Liked
    958 times
    I believe I paid 500 for mine to turn it into a side folder. Like I said the barrel components require work with a drill then a welder to look right. But look around and get some quotes on builds before you change your mind. I love my build.

Member #
    Liked
    10 times
    I believe I paid 500 for mine to turn it into a side folder. Like I said the barrel components require work with a drill then a welder to look right. But look around and get some quotes on builds before you change your mind. I love my build.
    Thanks,I think I'm going to hold on to it and get it built in the future,that side folder option seems nice ..when u get a chance can you post a picture of your build?
    Thanks and yea after searching around these seem to require more work to demill and build than some others and I will check out the builders that was recommended..I don't want to hand this parts kit to just any random builder.i would perfer someone who has experience with demilling and building this particular rifle

Super Moderator
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    8966 times
    Quote Originally Posted by AZAK View Post
    Judging from what I can see of the prior owners demilling expertise, I'd say its a good thing the kit was sold before it was utterly ruined. "Takes a good man to know his limitations..."
    Yeah no shit huh! Looks like a hammer and chisel demill.

Quote Originally Posted by moe24 View Post
    Ouch $500-$800 for the build even if I bring my own receiver and 922r parts?if that's the case then it's going up FORSALE lol..I didn't realize it was that expensive
    Call around and get some prices but don't let that be your deciding factor. You start going by price and you'll get a half assed build back...if you even get it back at all. Seems that every single "bulider" that offers a deal on a build is/has/was a hack.

You get what you pay for. You want perfection, your gonna pay for it. You wanna a half ass build, your gonna pay for that too.

Technical Advisors

Member #
    Liked
    3042 times
    Those sheet metal parts go in the trash anyway.
    "...a shadowy flight into the dangerous world of a man who does not exist!"
    K C A

Member #
    Liked
    10 times
    Quote Originally Posted by 22many View Post
    Yeah no shit huh! Looks like a hammer and chisel demill.

Call around and get some prices but don't let that be your deciding factor. You start going by price and you'll get a half assed build back...if you even get it back at all. Seems that every single "bulider" that offers a deal on a build is/has/was a hack.

You get what you pay for. You want perfection, your gonna pay for it. You wanna a half ass build, your gonna pay for that too.
    Yea I know you get what u pay for but a couple company's quoted me $800 and they where firm on the price plus I would have to pay shipping both ways..I have $500 in this kit and I've seen these rifles nicely built go for $800..$500+$800=$1300 :-/ I can sell it and buy one already built for $800,but I'm still going to hold onto it for a lil while longer...any builders if you see this post please pm me and let's work something out,I would also like to see some of your previous builds and references before sending my rifle off.thanks

Member #
    Liked
    10 times
    It's just something about the plum color furniture I love lol

Super Moderator
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    8966 times
    Quote Originally Posted by moe24 View Post
    Yea I know you get what u pay for but a couple company's quoted me $800 and they where firm on the price plus I would have to pay shipping both ways..I have $500 in this kit and I've seen these rifles nicely built go for $800..$500+$800=$1300 :-/ I can sell it and buy one already built for $800,but I'm still going to hold onto it for a lil while longer...any builders if you see this post please pm me and let's work something out,I would also like to see some of your previous builds and references before sending my rifle off.thanks
    $800 for a 88 russian rifle is pretty low. Don't think you will find that anytime soon. Bulgy rifles, yeah. But a russian, good luck.

Either way, if you build it, then post pics!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New

Sponsors