Would you rather have a 22lr AK or a Type One parts kit... Both you say?
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast
Like Tree41Likes

Thread: Would you rather have a 22lr AK or a Type One parts kit... Both you say?

Member #
    Liked
    508 times

Would you rather have a 22lr AK or a Type One parts kit... Both you say?

About two months ago I got a call from my good friend Anthony at Evlutionz LLC in Florida. He told me that things were about to change drasticly and for the better in the US market, but he couldnt tell me how, or when. Well fast foward to a week ago, Anthony was given permission to disseminate some promotional material that the general manager at Molot sent to him. One of the things I am allowed to share with you from this material is the upcoming Vepr 22. I think the membership on theAKforum.net will be particularly keen on this unit (if importers choose to bring it in), as it seems to be built from Type One parts. Even the reciever is a semi-auto lookalike of the Type One. I know Anthony will be releasing more information about upcoming Molot offerings over on ar15.com and on Vepr.org, but I figured Id get this one out here FIRST since this is (still) the most dynamic kalashnikov forum out there.

Ill will try to post some other stuff here if and when time allows.
    best,
    DSP

33a5ox2.jpg
    obligatory teaser pic from their promotional flyer....
    Last edited by BigSal; 06-26-2014 at 01:44 AM.
    --> VEPR DOT ORG <--

Member #
    Liked
    8 times
    So the parts are new production right?
    Seems real cool to own!
    BigSal likes this.

Member #
    Liked
    508 times
    Quote Originally Posted by CorrosiveSF View Post
    So the parts are new production right?
    Seems real cool to own!
    Reciever and barrel and bolt system seem to be new. You will recall that Molot already markets an AKM 762x39 version in europe that is essentially a AKM parts kit on a new reciever with a new barrel. Its a clever way for them to recycle old stuff that is sitting in storage. Anyway, at this point the specifics are vague, but I figured Id share anyway!!!
    --> VEPR DOT ORG <--

4. Remove Advertisements
    TheAKForum.net
    Advertisements

Member #
    Liked
    2885 times
    I love it when you can check two things off at once.
    BigSal likes this.

Member #
    Liked
    8 times
    Wow! So it may actually have some original T1 parts huh? Sweet!
    BigSal likes this.

Member #
    Liked
    124 times
    That's Awesome! I guess There is no way to know what kind of price we are looking at untill someone actually imports them huh?

Now if i can just get ahold of some .22 LR without a 2nd mortgage.
    BigSal likes this.

Member #
    Liked
    160 times
    I wonder if that picture is just a place holder. A .22lr couldn't have anything that looked like a AK bolt and bolt carrier- too much mass.

I hope it is true but I am skeptical.
    m03 and BigSal like this.
    WTB: Vietnam Era milled spiker handguards - BFPU condition

Member #
    Liked
    1061 times
    you have got to be fucking kidding me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!! WOOOHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO Ill believe it when I see it though.

Thanks for this info, it is very, very much appreciated!
    BigSal likes this.
    WTB:

Russian Type 1 or 2 parts/kit

m03

Member #
    Liked
    1251 times
    Quote Originally Posted by bh_4000 View Post
    I wonder if that picture is just a place holder. A .22lr couldn't have anything that looked like a AK bolt and bolt carrier- too much mass.

I hope it is true but I am skeptical.
    Yeah, it doesn't seem likely that they'd have enough usable Type-1s just sitting around in storage together to complete a production run like this. I'd be willing to bet that the only thing legitimately Type-1 on it would be the bakelite grips (which there's seems to be an infinite supply of).

Until we see it in the flesh, my money is on the Molot marketing team using a Type-1 pic by accident and the Vepr-22 just being a standard AKM in 22lr. I hope I'm wrong.
    Last edited by m03; 06-26-2014 at 09:44 AM.
    evolixsurf and BigSal like this.
    WTB: PO3.5x21p with 7.62 reticle

Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    The carrier and recoil assembly are likely unique to the .22. As I understand it, these are pics of actual production units.

As for availability, that is dependent on what the middlemen between Molot and our US importers are investing in. I don't entirely understand that relationship, but importers do not deal directly with Molot. Hopefully, the middlemen are keeping their finger on the pulse of the community's desires and interests, and not simply investing in the highest profit margin per unit models. Molot appears to be paying attention and that is the main ingredient to things like this becoming a reality in the US. They will be offering at least 6 models that are going to be huge hits if they come ashore. The importers are game, but they are limited to what is available to them via middleman. I would assume current production runs and middleman inventory have a lot to do with it as well, so let's hope Molot was already cranking out some .22s and the middlemen were wise enough to see the potential for US market interest in them
    Last edited by evlblkwpnz; 06-26-2014 at 09:54 AM. Reason: grammar
    BigSal likes this.

Member #
    Liked
    52368 times
    A Molot AK in 22lr will fill that void in my collection....thanks for the info BigSal..please keep us posted..
    BigSal likes this.
    pics / vid required for validation

Member #
    Liked
    2053 times
    I'm in.

Hope it looks as good in person as that pic.
    BigSal likes this.

Member #
    Liked
    1061 times
    That sure does make sense and is probably right. But! They scrapped the t1 because of quality control issues and weight... Maybe they had a bunch of those parts left over because of this. Again doubtful because they used the barrel parts, selector, gas tube, recoil spring, ect on t2's..... and they always used what they had(it seems) but one can always hope! Im in for two if they are t1's with t1 wood heheheh.

Quote Originally Posted by m03 View Post
    Yeah, it doesn't seem likely that they'd have enough usable Type-1s just sitting around in storage together to complete a production run like this. I'd be willing to bet that the only thing legitimately Type-1 on it would be the bakelite grips (which there's seems to be an infinite supply of).

Until we see it in the flesh, my money is on the Molot marketing team using a Type-1 pic by accident and the Vepr-22 just being a standard AKM in 22lr. I hope I'm wrong.
    WTB:

Russian Type 1 or 2 parts/kit

Member #
    Liked
    190 times
    I'm in if the price isn't out of bounds.... and would then probably sell off that .22 parts kit I haven't gotten around to building.
    BigSal likes this.

m03

Member #
    Liked
    1251 times
    I did some digging...the rifle in the marketing pic above in the same one that was on display back in 2011 (note the coloration pattern of the stock):

Tola : :

It's a full-auto Type-1 modified to semi-auto (notice the blocked sear pin hole in the pic below) and fitted with a .22LR conversion. Sorry guys, I don't think we'll be seeing these in the USA.

BigSal, Tantal and Fiorentino like this.
    WTB: PO3.5x21p with 7.62 reticle

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New

Sponsors