1982 Izzy AKS-74 - Page 2
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
Like Tree67Likes

Thread: 1982 Izzy AKS-74

Technical Advisors

Member #
    Liked
    3593 times
    I've had two friends call me to ask if I had seen this yet..

Definitely one of my favorite -74 builds I've seen. Always great seeing a build that preserved the condition of the rifle before it was cut. Looks great!
    John Rambo likes this.

Member #
    Liked
    1318 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Fiorentino View Post
    I've had two friends call me to ask if I had seen this yet..

Definitely one of my favorite -74 builds I've seen. Always great seeing a build that preserved the condition of the rifle before it was cut. Looks great!
    The builder did an astounding job on preserving the originality. I have two of his builds now and they are of course the highlight of the collection.
    John Rambo likes this.

Technical Advisors

Member #
    Liked
    3593 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Vlado View Post
    The builder did an astounding job on preserving the originality. I have two of his builds now and they are of course the highlight of the collection.
    I bet they are! Do you mind posting who built it? Definitely one of the most real deal looking finishes I've seen
    Vlado likes this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    TheAKForum.net
    Advertisements

Member #
    Liked
    1318 times
    I bet they are! Do you mind posting who built it? Definitely one of the most real deal looking finishes I've seen
    A local hobbyist did it. He's getting out of the ak hobby though...hence me purchasing this rifle off of him. He might be a member on this site...if I can find him I'll pm you the info mate.

Technical Advisors

Member #
    Liked
    3593 times
    Wow, great looking pair!

I've got a Tula AKM in the works, and it made me want one of the '83 izzy kits even more. Figured it would look amazing to have a full length AKM and AK-74 laminate in the collection. Finally/luckily snagged a kit this week. That picture is going to make the wait for the 74Ulllc even longer now...

Thanks for sharing the pics
    Vlado likes this.

Member #
    Liked
    1318 times
    Wow, great looking pair!

I've got a Tula AKM in the works, and it made me want one of the '83 izzy kits even more. Figured it would look amazing to have a full length AKM and AK-74 laminate in the collection. Finally/luckily snagged a kit this week. That picture is going to make the wait for the 74Ulllc even longer now...

Thanks for sharing the pics
    Sweet! That '83 will look amazing! Post pics of the kit?

Technical Advisors

Member #
    Liked
    3593 times
    I'll definitely post up some pics when I get my hands on it from my friend Thursday. Can't wait
    Vlado likes this.

Member #
    Liked
    3 times
    Lookin' sharp!
    Vlado likes this.

Member #
    Liked
    9 times
    It was one of my keepers till I sort of burned myself out on all of the Soviet-era stuff. The Receiver and exposed barrel parts are all that were painted. It is KG AK Black cut about 40% and applied lightly. I Dryball a little then give a quick blast out of a jamb gun. Bake at 270 till golden around the edges and serve.

I'll also note that most of the builds I've finished based off of good battlefield pics. Had I seen the original pre-demill photos of this one I would have not fatigued the finish quite so much

PS - it is a SHOOTER.
    Last edited by SSP Racing; 12-10-2013 at 11:58 AM.
    Bitterly clinging to my guns, religion, and my antipathy for people who arenít like me.

Member #
    Liked
    1318 times
    Quote Originally Posted by SSP Racing View Post
    It was one of my keepers till I sort of burned myself out on all of the Soviet-era stuff. The Receiver and exposed barrel parts are all that were painted. It is KG AK Black cut about 40% and applied lightly. I Dryball a little then give a quick blast out of a jamb gun. Bake at 270 till golden around the edges and serve.

I'll also note that most of the builds I've finished based off of good battlefield pics. Had I seen the original pre-demill photos of this one I would have not fatigued the finish quite so much

PS - it is a SHOOTER.

He speaks!

Did you paint the barrel before or after pressing it into the trunnion and pinning the gb/fsb onto it? I'm guessing it would be easy to just simply mask off the pinned components and paint.

Technical Advisors

Member #
    Liked
    3593 times
    Quote Originally Posted by SSP Racing View Post

PS - it is a SHOOTER.
    Thanks for the info! That makes sense... my best friend actually was the one who bought the RPK-74 you sold in the summer. I actually bid on it as well, but the RPK is his favorite weapon so I stepped aside. It is extremely well built, and the absolute finest piece in his collection. Definitely turned some heads at the range I must admit, I was checking pretty constantly with my fingers crossed to see if you had a rare AKSU to let go.

That RPK went to a good home, it will never leave his collection.
    "Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote"

-Benjamin Franklin

Member #
    Liked
    9 times
    Thanks I'm very glad he's happy with it. That was a good kit and made for a nice rifle.

Member #
    Liked
    9 times
    The barrel parts were masked.

He speaks!

Did you paint the barrel before or after pressing it into the trunnion and pinning the gb/fsb onto it? I'm guessing it would be easy to just simply mask off the pinned components and paint.
    Vlado likes this.

Member #
    Liked
    1053 times
    oh man that thing is so awesome!
    WTB:

Russian Type 1 or 2 parts/kit

Technical Advisors

Member #
    Liked
    3593 times
    Here she is-

So glad to finally get one. Got really lucky with the parts too, every damn one is for the '83 (my only rguns kit that was all correct). The trunnion sure as hell was given a thick coat of paint for the serial numbers
    Vlado likes this.
    "Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote"

-Benjamin Franklin

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Sponsors