NOW IN PRODUCTION!!! ->>> Firing Line milled Type 3
Page 1 of 24 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Member #
    Liked
    0 times

NOW IN PRODUCTION!!! ->>> Firing Line milled Type 3

Updated 2/9/2007 after talking to Mike:
    “Russian replica” special run of collectors edition receivers by Firing Line.
    Taking orders now for the Firing Line special order Type III standard threaded and underfolder receivers. This is a new post, third in a series, trying to keep this on track.
    For those of you who do not remember, Mike has generously lowered the minimum quantity of fixed Type III from 100 minimum order, down to 50, to get started. It is estimated that 80 units will be built.on the standards and an extra 15 or 20 on the underfolders above the amount listed here. The price is $600. Check or Money Order for either type (UF/Standard). This post has been edited along with removing a lot of unnecessary dialog and comments, so we start fresh. So as to avoid yet another long drawn out thread or misunderstood questions/answers –please email me with your questions or comments. This is not your soapbox and if your intention is to come in and attempt to direct Mike on how to design or manufacture or run a business –go start your own topic.
    On the other hand, valuable questions or comments on features of a Russian Type III from someone who is obviously being helpful will be welcomed. Comments such as “This isn’t a good deal for me” and “if only he would change this or that” – have no place here and are a distraction. If you are in doubt about whether your remarks or questions should be posted simply email me and if there is new info or a good question to throw in the pile I’ll post it. Otherwise heed these rules and use common sense and make sure you have read this first.

First – on the subject of BATF required markings and the not so well loved eagle logo:

This had been discussed over and over again. The eagle logo will be on the bottom of the receiver and most likely shrunk down and placed in front of the trigger. It is not going away altogether. It is a required mark per Mike’s agreement with the BATF and is used as an interim marking to keep track for any processes that happen prior to the serial number being assigned. No further explanation will be provided here and if you want to play lawyer or try to convince Mike to get rid of the eagle, please do it elsewhere because you are beating a dead horse here. If you are still bothered by this then contact Mike directly but don’t mention my name, since he and I have already been down that road. By the way, I have already suggested other locations for the eagle such as inside the receiver, at the rear corner on the bottom, on the left trunnion top flat (hidden under the top cover) etc, etc. Mike and I have discussed this and it is up to whatever he decides to do. The other text markings that are required – Mike said he WILL DO HIS BEST to get them on the bottom too. The text markings, if he decides there is not enough room on the bottom, will be placed in the recess of the left side lightening cut.
    If the overwhelming majority wants the marks at the left rear instead, I will forward that to Mike. He will most likely stick with the lightening cut if he has to, because it is a spot that can be indexed from that won’t be ground any further later.(per his explanation )
    This is the reason why his previous receivers had the serial number in a recess. So, final word up till now is this buy list is for those willing to take whatever happens with the markings, knowing Mike is trying his best to please. To cover something else – milled receivers cannot use the space in front of the magwell for required markings. That surface is a removable dovetailed plate and not considered part of the receiver, nor can the receiver be built without using a separate plate. Lastly on the markings : Mike is working with the BATF to get rid of the “FLB” prefix for the serial numbers for this batch.

On to the receivers :

These will be of a Russian pattern in appearance, with correct bolt carrier engagement, correct lightening cuts, correct overall shape and features, with NO selector markings, detents, or stop rivet. The receiver will include a riveted lower PG block and buttstock tang. Custom serial numbers are accepted at no extra charge except there will be NO Cyrillic characters allowed (per BATF regulations). Pivot pin holes will be machined
    Engraving: Mike is not prepared to commit to engraving services at this time. The builder is responsible for installing his own selector stop rivet, detents, and any other non-essential markings. We (us, meaning us forum guys) are trying to get Angela interested in taking on this work for us by separate arrangement. (See the vendors forum-Engraving by Angela). As the receivers get closer to being built, there may be a system in place for having them done in batches to save us all some money and to coordinate with Mike’s build services. Ted Marshall also is an expert on Russian engraving for AK’s so there are talented people available. The decision was made on leaving this up to the end user due to the variety of receivers that may be built off of the Russian pattern and many will want other variant markings etc.

Builds: The $600. price does not include build services or bluing but as far as I know this does cover shipping. Will verify the shipping question with Mike. Members of this buy will get $50.off on his 2007 build pricing ($250 less $50.) and $25. off on his 2007 pricing for barrel and headspacing only ($175. less $25.)

Downpayments:

$300. is the minimum down payment. The expected wait is approximately 4 months once at least 50 down payments are in. If there is less than 50 then this will not be feasable to undertake and deposits will be refunded. For those who have sent the DP – thank you. For those who have not – please do ASAP. I got a call from Mike saying it didn’t look like people were following through based on the number of payments received. Those who got on the list below are to understand this is not a “poll” to see if you “might” buy one. Either send your down payment or get moved to the “sitting on the fence” list. (Which I’m not inclined to maintain). Once again – this is a “trust” buy. Those sending money “trust” Mike and know he will do his best. If you are holding out for some sort of prototype pictures or a final disposition on the markings – forget it – you will be removed from the list. Also, those who intend to send the DP but are dragging their feet are being unfair to those who are trying to get the ball rolling by sending the DP in a timely manner. I will give the list below 1 week to get sorted out and will mark those paid as I get the info from Mike (Paid = downpayment sent). I will also be adding some new names that were received by email so don’t fret if you don’t see your name yet.
    Inevitably some names will go away and I have no hard feelings against those who wanted or expected a more exact description of what they are getting. Mike is unable to provide info on what he does not yet know and prefers this be a small buy among people who know and trust his abilities.

Payment method, contact info, etc. :
    Send Check or Money Order along with your real name, forum name, address, FFL address, email address, and at some point in time, your FFL signed copy to :

FIRING LINE
    69400 E. Hwy 60
    Wyandotte, OK 74370

Fax : (918) 666-1687 Phone : (918) 666-2788
    Emails : [email protected] and [email protected]
    My email for questions and comments : [email protected]

Misc:

This post also serves as a poll for the Type II that Mike will consider doing if there is enough interest. Regarding the Type III – he will build about 30 extra units beyond the first 50 and enough underfolders beyond whats listed here to cover our needs in the short term. Understood, not everyone can lay down the cash for the 5 units they will want. Please contact Mike and I’m sure he will work with you. Same deal as far as quantity discounts – contact Mike and let him know your needs. It is expected that you will make downpayment on at least one unit to stay on this list and your future needs will also be listed. The rear filler plate will be a pressed in plate according to the majority of Russian underfolders examined.
    Please email me if your name is not shown or if you need to be pulled from the list.
    You may post this info also as well as posting when you have sent down payment so that I may mark you “paid”.

Fixed Stock, threaded, Type III

lilallie -1 (PAID)
    Tint - 2 (PAID)
    Stottman - 1 (4 more later)
    Russcollector – 2 (PAID)
    Jetdriver - 2 ( PAID)
    HOPSTER - 1 (PAID)
    FredEx - 3 ( 2 PAID)
    Travis - 1 (PAID)
    ffib - 2 (temporarily cancelled -markings issue)
    sasm7 - 6
    EXPcustom - 3
    ajk186 - 1 (will pay by MAR 15)
    MikeF - 1 (PAID)
    Lt Shaffer -2
    SVDS -1
    Brick - 1
    kuenkers - (cancelled)
    Ken - 1 (PAID)
    RW66 -1
    Dodge15 -2
    Angelking - 1
    GreenTimber – 1 (Deposit PAID)
    Kendwell - ?
    Jeff21 -1 (PAID)
    steve467 -1 (Migeta)
    Mark B -2 (Migeta) (PAID)
    dbyrd750 -1 fixed stock (ARFCOM)

Underfolder, threaded, Type III

Russcollector -1 (PAID)
    FredEx - 1
    jithaca - 1 (PAID)
    kuenkers - 1 ( Will pay via TAX return )
    AKfan - 1 (PAID)
    Brick - 1
    Ken - 1 (PAID)
    Lt Shaffer - 2
    Stottman -1 (1 more later)
    TulaAKSU – 1
    Kendwell - ?
    Jeff21 – 1 (PAID)
    SigKev – (Cancelled)

Fixed stock, threaded, Type II
    Hopster – 1
    Stottman -1
    ffib -1
    SVDS -1
    Fredex -1
    Prophet455 -1
    Russcollector -1
    Mark B -1 (Migeta)

Type II Underfolder
    Greentimber - 1

Technical Advisors

Member #
    Liked
    2069 times
    I deleted the old post;

Put me down for
    1 T3 fixed
    1 T3 folder
    1 T2 fixed

I could not swing them all at once, so in the future I would be down for:
    4 fixed T3
    1 T3 folder

Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Gotcha Rob.
    I need a volunteer to get the word out over at AKFiles and Sturmwiggy and wherever else there may be an interest. I predict this list will suddenly triple and we can also get a good poll taken on the Type II
    I got Arfcom and Migeta covered and Mike is at Migeta as well.

4. Remove Advertisements
    TheAKForum.net
    Advertisements

Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    DC,

At what point do you want us to contact Mike Friend with our Deposit?

Travis

Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by TravisAasen
    DC,

At what point do you want us to contact Mike Friend with our Deposit?

Travis
    I think we should give him a chance to answer my email etc first.
    We will know the amount and method of payment and he won't have to answer the same questions from each of us.
    I sent him a MSWord doc. with the post text and list of questions.
    He will hopefully post here or send me the info straightaway.
    I expect to have that info all posted here within a day or so.
    And I'll be talking with him soon as well. I'm planning on paying friday (payday). Also - little things like having a model name for the receiver will make the order requests easier for him to process.

Member #
    Liked
    12 times
    please put me down as interested in a type II as well. thank

Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    I'm already on the list for one TIII fixed. I'll jump in tentatively for a TII underfolder. I intend for that kit to become a TI if I can find or make trunions and a receiver, but that's not looking good so far.
    RLTW

RIP Dale Brehm, Ricardo Barraza KIA 19MAR06
    RIP Pat Tillman KIA 22APR04

A-2/75 RLTW

Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    I got one good suggestion via email - that the selector stops be left to the builder due to the variation of styles between countries. I am assuming he meant detents and I will clarify.
    Also got an inquiry from Taiwan and I sure don't know if receivers can be shipped there but I doubt it.
    New requests updated.

Technical Advisors

Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    I will need to update my list do to new additions to the family. Where should I post this? Mike has 3 of my builds now have to check and see what he has.

Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    So are we on our own as far as proof marks/stamps etc...?

Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Type 2 solid stock for sure and I would seriouly consider either a second or a underfolder. In other words Id buy 2 but not sure of the configuartion of the second one.

Member #
    Liked
    10 times
    I am still in for two fixed stock receviers

Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    I was updating the "mini'novel" while you guys were posting so feel free to soak up the new info.
    I'll update with the new quantities at least once a day but me fingers are tired right now.
    DC

Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Hopster, thank you for your efforts, much appreciated!
    One quick question, will there be a deadline for the deposit?
    It may determine on the number of receivers I will be able to order.
    Also, please put me on the list for (1) Type II fixed stock.
    Thanks
    Charter Member CRS Group

Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by sasm7
    I will need to update my list do to new additions to the family. Where should I post this? Mike has 3 of my builds now have to check and see what he has.
    I'm not at all clear on what you mean but I asked Mike and it's not too late to have your builds on these new style-the ones that are with him now- if I understood him correctly. When this is sorted let me know what to put down for quantities for you.

Page 1 of 24 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New

Sponsors