HMG Romanian G-Code Poly *with pics*

Member #
    Liked
    0 times

HMG Romanian G-Code Poly *with pics*

Here's my Romanian G-Code Poly AK. I put 20 rounds through it on Monday with no issues. Hopefully I'll get some more time this weekend. I'd really like to hit the 50 yd range and get the sights set. It shoots to the left right now. It came with two steel mags, one of the magazines fit tightly, while the other one is fine. The mags need refinished they are almost silver, but there is no rust on the outsides. I haven't torn them apart to check the insides yet. I haven't had a chance to go through and clean the AK up yet, but here are some pics.

The rivet job looks fine.

It's a 1978 with all matching numbers except for the bayonet of course.

I didn't care for the black plastic grip and I wanted a vertical grip, so I added a Tapco Saw style grip and a Fusion vertical grip.

I bought a RSA retainer plate as well, but haven't installed it yet. I can't wait to take this thing to the range and waste some more ammo.

Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Didn't the original HMG receivers come hot blued? It looks like they are painting them now - interesting.

On a side note, the patina on that mag is pretty cool!

Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    HMG uses NoDak NDS-3 receivers, they are blued they probably just look painted in the picture.

4. Remove Advertisements
    TheAKForum.net
    Advertisements

Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by p229sas
    Didn't the original HMG receivers come hot blued? It looks like they are painting them now - interesting.
    This gun is industrial hot dip black oxide. Darker and more durable than typical firearm black oxide. Both the receiver and rivets are done. We did a large batch of receivers for Classic in black oxide that they are still using and selling separately.

Nothing on the firearm is painted.

The last batch of HMG poly guns at Classic were hand picked 80, 83 & 86 kits that look great. They may still have some of these last HMG guns.

Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Thanks for the info HMG.

Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Update:
    I tore the AK apart and cleaned everything. The bore was spotless, it looks brand new. The gas tube and mags were all rust free. The RSA retainer plate is SOOO much easier to mess with then the standard Shepard's hook. I had a fit getting the standard hook off, I couldn't imagine trying to put it back on. :lol:

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New

Sponsors