Receiver questions!

Member #
    Liked
    16 times

Receiver questions!

I am finalizing my receiver purchase-related information!

I know what style center supports, selector markings, etc that I need on each of my builds but I have some lingering questions.

1. I am looking at recreatorblanks website and the receiver pictures they have up have domed center support rivets. Is that real? Do they still do that? The ones I have seen on builds in the past have the flat center support rivet on the right. If it's domed color me interested and I can flatten the ones that require it myself. I have gotten no responses to emails asking this question, probably too busy due to the recent uptick in 'rona-receiver sales.

2. What is the transition year for three spot welds on romanian receivers? I have a 1969 and I cannot find the information in Stott's book nor on this forum; I saw a post by techno from a while ago with the same question that went unanswered.

3. Another recreator-related question that I'd email for but cannot get a response due to the current work overload: The best selector marking option is still weaponmark yes? I am not sure if recreator still mills in the markings.

Thanks for the help, as always!

Member #
    Liked
    8 times
    As to question 1, yes definitely domed center support rivets on each of the several recreator 100% and 80% receivers I obtained in May.

Member #
    Liked
    16 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Hot Rod Lincoln View Post
    As to question 1, yes definitely domed center support rivets on each of the several recreator 100% and 80% receivers I obtained in May.
    Just to completely verify: Domed on the right hand side, selector side, of the receiver?

If so that's fantastic news. Thank you.

4. Remove Advertisements
    TheAKForum.net
    Advertisements

Member #
    Liked
    8 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Kingcornchip View Post
    Just to completely verify: Domed on the right hand side, selector side, of the receiver?

If so that's fantastic news. Thank you.
    Actually no - they are flat on the selector side, domed on the other. I misunderstood what you were asking.

Member #
    Liked
    16 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Hot Rod Lincoln View Post
    Actually no - they are flat on the selector side, domed on the other. I misunderstood what you were asking.
    Big bummer

Member #
    Liked
    155 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Kingcornchip View Post
    I am finalizing my receiver purchase-related information!

I know what style center supports, selector markings, etc that I need on each of my builds but I have some lingering questions.
    Here is something to consider, If you are going to use Weaponsmark you will need to order from the custom option.

You will have the option to for the center support to be included but not installed, choose this option so you can set it yourself !
    "America does not need to see the tax return of a billionaire who became a public servant.
    America needs to see the tax returns of public servants who became millionaires while being public servants"

Member #
    Liked
    16 times
    Quote Originally Posted by GTPI View Post
    Here is something to consider, If you are going to use Weaponsmark you will need to order from the custom option.

You will have the option to for the center support to be included but not installed, choose this option so you can set it yourself !
    Was intending on going the 100% route with the option of no selector markings then adding them on. But I could do the 80% route. My only reservation is proper jigs to get everything in the right locations. And I would need to get a custom cup for the rivets so I imagine I'd have to end up milling one of those up...

Basically drilling holes for me is a pain in the ass. I am in the unusual situation where I have a CNC mill but no drill press so drilling and reaming is enough of a pain in the ass that I like to avoid it. If I can get domed center supports from recreator and flatten the ones that need flattening I'd be much happier :P But beggars can't be choosers I guess. If that's my last option I've got a lot of indicating holes ahead of me.

Sponsors