Romak 2
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree27Likes

Thread: Romak 2

Member #
    Liked
    6484 times

Romak 2

Cugir made, front trunion and safety match. All other parts match each other. Barely fired, came with a 1P29 scope, a metal reinforced Romy mag, sling and bayonet. Paid a bit more cuz some jerk tried to snipe me at last minute. Really looking forward to range time with this one.

50934B41-36CE-4910-8E60-DFB283489C50.jpeg
    Last edited by scottyb; 01-10-2020 at 04:50 PM.
    needs moar AK

or beer

Member #
    Liked
    1210 times
    Really nice setup you have there! I have a feeling that in the future you will be happy that you paid more than you wanted to because you now have it.
    scottyb and trevorakm like this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    TheAKForum.net
    Advertisements

Member #
    Liked
    6484 times
    Gonna see if I can get the rear stock off. Be nice if I could get a right side folder on it.

So far it looks like the rear trunion screw is swagged into a metal button on the under side.

I may have to make a tool to hold it while I back out the screw.
    needs moar AK

or beer

Technical Advisor

Member #
    Liked
    3712 times
    Looks like it is in good shape.
    The dong is a recent add-on.

That scope sits very high off the receiver.
    Not much for cheekweld..

Member #
    Liked
    6484 times
    Looking at the furniture it is all original to the rifle. The year date on the front trunion is 97.

The mag it came with is polymer with metal reinforced lugs and feed lips. It has two diamond shaped proofs on the spine, one has the omega symbol and the other a 1 in it. Mold number is also 1.

Accessories include a blank firing adapter and the RPK and PKM cams for the scope. A green nylon sling and the bayonet round out the goodies.

I ordered 3 Romy AIMS 5.45 metal mags from AoA and they lock in fine. I got a couple of the AIMS mag pouches too.
    needs moar AK

or beer

Member #
    Liked
    911 times
    Quote Originally Posted by scottyb View Post
    Gonna see if I can get the rear stock off. Be nice if I could get a right side folder on it.

So far it looks like the rear trunion screw is swagged into a metal button on the under side.

I may have to make a tool to hold it while I back out the screw.
    I've never seen one firsthand, but I recall something was done to make it difficult to install a standard pistol grip.

Member #
    Liked
    6484 times
    I read in Grim Reaper book that some rifles had a crescent shaped cut in the rear of the receiver.

I can not tell from just taking the dust cover off and getting the stock off is a minor challenge.

The grip area of the stock should have been sculpted out more. Even with my bigish hands its hard to grab but not impossible.
    needs moar AK

or beer

Member #
    Liked
    1210 times
    I read in Grim Reaper book that some rifles had a crescent shaped cut in the rear of the receiver.

I can not tell from just taking the dust cover off and getting the stock off is a minor challenge.

The grip area of the stock should have been sculpted out more. Even with my bigish hands its hard to grab but not impossible.
    The pictures show a good to go receiver. As to getting the screw out, I have seen a couple that the stock screw was staked to prevent an honest person from becoming a baby killing machine if you install a standard stock and pistol grip.

Technical Advisor

Member #
    Liked
    3712 times
    Looking at the furniture it is all original to the rifle. The year date on the front trunion is 97.

The mag it came with is polymer with metal reinforced lugs and feed lips. It has two diamond shaped proofs on the spine, one has the omega symbol and the other a 1 in it. Mold number is also 1.

Accessories include a blank firing adapter and the RPK and PKM cams for the scope. A green nylon sling and the bayonet round out the goodies.

I ordered 3 Romy AIMS 5.45 metal mags from AoA and they lock in fine. I got a couple of the AIMS mag pouches too.
    I do not believe that any on the ban era Romanian AK firearms (Romak, Wum, Cur etc.) were imported with forward grips.
    It is a nice match though. Looks good. No big deal.

Member #
    Liked
    6484 times
    AKBLUE, Gman, misc and 1 others like this.
    needs moar AK

or beer

Member #
    Liked
    6484 times
    Also on closer inspection the receiver has proofs in between the two upper front grunion rivets. Looks like a triangle with 404 inside with an A or R over the number.

The rear trunion is also electro penciled with the serno.
    Last edited by scottyb; 01-12-2020 at 02:46 PM.
    MPiKM-72 likes this.
    needs moar AK

or beer

Member #
    Liked
    1146 times
    WOW... that looks awesome.

Member #
    Liked
    17 times
    The Romaks, Curs, Wums and of course the Sar2s are all great 5.45 pattern rifles! Since you’ve already got the threaded front sight the hard work has been done. As far as Aims conversion do you have a upturned charging handle? Sorry on my phone hard to tell, the pistol grip and wire folder are a quick install but with that optic you’ll need a phone book to duct tape to the wire folder for your chin...

Member #
    Liked
    17 times
    Quote Originally Posted by AKBLUE View Post
    I do not believe that any on the ban era Romanian AK firearms (Romak, Wum, Cur etc.) were imported with forward grips.
    It is a nice match though. Looks good. No big deal.
    All the ones I’ve ran into had standard AKM wood, my SAR2 came to me with polymer but I believe that was swapped out by the previous user trying to make a Bulgy 74 out of an MD86 pattern.. Wrong country dude... But I believe you are right I have yet to run into one that came in to the US with proper furniture

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Sponsors