Curious: Chiappa PAK -9 Opinions ??
Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By Arik
  • 2 Post By wanderson

Thread: Curious: Chiappa PAK -9 Opinions ??

Member #
    Liked
    14 times

Curious: Chiappa PAK -9 Opinions ??

Atlantic sent me a E-ad today (with a video) of the Romanian built PAK - 9, imported by Chiappa. It is a 9mm AK pistol. With the "stabilizer" it looks to be an interesting carbine (without the SBR hassle) ANY ONE have experience with this ? I've not yet found a satisfactory (to me) Carbine for house gun.
    looks tempting if any good. Relatively cheap, & shouldn't over penetrate. Like to hear something more about it.
    Be who you are, Say what you feel. Those that matter wont mind. Those that mind - Don't matter.
    That said, hope you'll cut an old pilgrim some slack.
    Are am I being to Mysterious.

Member #
    Liked
    8173 times
    Haven't seen these yet.

What are you looking for in a home carbine? 9mm penetrates more than you think. It a little counterintuitive but small and light self defense rilfe rounds (223) have less penetration then 9mm. They loose most of their energy quickly and cause greater damage to soft tissue. where as the 9 doesn't. A hollow point 9mm will often clog with drywall and act as a fmj.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Arik; 05-30-2018 at 11:51 AM.
    otus likes this.

Member #
    Liked
    17 times
    I've had one for a few months now, so far the reliability is 100% with Blazer brass, Perfecta & Aguila. So far just burning thru my cheap range ammo, haven't tried any heavy bullets yet. I have a ton of Beretta mags so I used the magwell it came with, the Glock magwells are extra but seem to be easy to find now. The magwell adaptor fits in the big plastic handguard and seems to fit well. These actually made in Romania by Nova Modul, part of Cugir, and imported by Chiappa.

Added an SOB brace and put a TRS-25 red dot on it. Accuracy is good, groups a little better than my SUB2k and on par with my 9mm AR w/4" barrel. next time out I'm gonna shoot it side by side with my Evo Scorpion and some better ammo. But overall I'm happy with it, ordered it online for under $450 so it's been a lot of fun for the money.

It's heavy for it's size, but quite a bit shorter overall than the new NAK9. Trigger feels a lot like the trigger that came on my Draco, not as light as a Tapco G2 but has a good break like a RAK 1. The overmolded grip looks kinda odd but was actually pretty good, but I swapped it with a US palm grip I had in the parts bin and added a Stark angled grip.

My LGS has a NAK 9 on the wall, the finish on that is a little nicer and the wood in the hand guards was better than most WASRs & Dracos. But about $225 more than what I paid for the PAK 9. The NAK 9 does have std. hand guards and a threaded barrel but only takes Glock mags.
    Last edited by wanderson; 05-30-2018 at 02:26 PM. Reason: add
    PattonWasRight and otus like this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    TheAKForum.net
    Advertisements

Member #
    Liked
    404 times
    Were talking about this, correct?
    Attached Images
    *** Just Your Average Jewish Redneck ***
    Participant in Gun Fighting Training Program
    Competition Shooter, CMP w/M1 Garand, IDPA
    Part-Time Sales at Major Firearms Retailer ... pays for my addiction, maybe breaking even?

Member #
    Liked
    1827 times
    I have one. It's a really fun gun. It helps I have a Beretta 92A1 and a CX-4, so I have plenty of magazines for it. I don't have a brace for it, so it fits in my range bag.
    Blahpony confirmed as Darth Paydirt - 10Gauge

Member #
    Liked
    14 times
    Quote Originally Posted by MR - E View Post
    Atlantic sent me a E-ad today (with a video) of the Romanian built PAK - 9, imported by Chiappa. It is a 9mm AK pistol. With the "stabilizer" it looks to be an interesting carbine (without the SBR hassle) ANY ONE have experience with this ? I've not yet found a satisfactory (to me) Carbine for house gun.
    looks tempting if any good. Relatively cheap, & shouldn't over penetrate. Like to hear something more about it.
    Over the past Decade I've had 3 different carbines, but the only thing they did for me was to help me define more what I wanted (basically a SBR). From the Atlantic sales video, the reviews here, + the fact Cugir in Romania was involved, is making it much more appealing. Only thing would make it perfect for me - is if the stabilizer brace could be made to fold to one side.
    Be who you are, Say what you feel. Those that matter wont mind. Those that mind - Don't matter.
    That said, hope you'll cut an old pilgrim some slack.
    Are am I being to Mysterious.

Member #
    Liked
    17 times
    The pics PattonWasRight posted are the PAK 9, that’s what I have.

The NAK 9 is longer, same size as my Draco 7.62x39 pistol, with a standard AK hand guard and a threaded barrel.

besides being a few hundred dollars cheaper, the smaller PAK 9 comes with a Beretta 92 mag adaptor, with Glock mag adaptors available. NAK 9 only takes Glock mags. I know of 2 brace adaptors for the PAK 9, the one I have uses the threaded hole the sling adaptor attaches to and is threaded for an AR buffer tube. There’s another one that I think Stormwerks makes that takes a folding hinge if you want a folder, but I can’t remember if the Stormwerks just screws on or if you need to drill the receiver.

BTW Palmetto State Armory leaked a few picks of their upcoming 9mm AR pistol, and theirs takes CZ Evo Scorpion mags and was shown with a folding brace like the SB folder for Evo. It looked good, the Evo mags looked ‘right’, and there’s a 50 round drum now available for Scorpions.
    Last edited by wanderson; 06-08-2018 at 06:36 PM. Reason: Add

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New

Sponsors